• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,849 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 11:07 PM, etowah1123 said:

Anyone wanna sell a low grade 105 to me so they can upgrade there copy 🤷🏻‍♂️

It took me about 2 years to find my low grade 105. If I was ready to buy a higher grade copy I would take you up on that offer. It's tough for collectors on a budget like us. The right low grade book has to become available at just the right time for us. It takes a lot of patience and a fair amount of luck. Keep the faith, your 105 will show itself eventually. Hopefully another Flash Fan here is ready to part with one.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:08 PM, innocuous said:

Was at my son's high school yesterday and overheard some kids talking about the Spider movie. One kid went on and on about how genius Marvel is to create a multiverse. :pullhair:

Yup I am waiting for the inevitable "Dc copying Marvel" that will come from the jr zombies when the Flash movie comes out :ohnoez:. I was at our last remaining LCS in Sydney when a mum was leaving with her 10 year old and a bundle of spider-man comics. I asked hi  who created Spider-man and of course got the expected answer. I told him to go home and look up Steve Ditko. The Marvel fan base make the Star Wars fan base look neutral.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Math Teacher said:

I picked up this copy from an Ebay user, but the transaction did not take place on Ebay. I passed on a 9.0 because I liked the colors better on this book.

Flash155.thumb.jpg.768b36cc1e3714ef76cdb4042951da7c.jpg

Very nice, but then again any copy of 155 is very nice. It is one of the most important comics of the DC silver age. That incredible scene in Gambi's tailor shop.

One more comment. After 123 has dried up it appears the same has happened to SC4. A solid sale of a 4.5 recently and a 2.0 and HA has a 1.5 that may crack $10K. It had been  driven up by this board on movie speculation starting back in 2014 and then after 2017 it was dumped by people who never cared for it. Last 2 years it has been slowly coming back and that has also fed into SC 13 & 14 but sales of SC8 are very hard to find (except under 2.5) and for some reason Flash 105 looks like it has only now slowly gotten back to 2017. Of course with the modern return of red haired Wally 110 has jumped and 139 just keeps marching along.

I am expecting more interest (how much I can't guess) when a trailer hits for the movie. Depending on what is hinted. For that we now must again wait as due to the CGI studio's being over loaded after Covid shutdowns it has been bumped from Nov to June Next year.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:30 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Very nice, but then again any copy of 155 is very nice. It is one of the most important comics of the DC silver age. That incredible scene in Gambi's tailor shop.

You mean this scene? Classic! But it's not Gambi's but his apprentice Leach and his shop that are used in this issue as Gambi is apparently in jail at the time.

1764585044_flash155page2_edited.thumb.jpg.48cf7d477a4a33cc86d7bc4a511230ef.jpg1915316892_flash155page3_edited.thumb.jpg.48171b2e4322f3fdb9a636050dbbf744.jpg

Hmm if someone asked about buying the top five books both for value, future appreciation and historical significance.

SC4 -first Flash

SC8 - 2nd Flash first modern super villian

105 -First in title

123 -1st GA crossover first multiverse

110 first Red haired Wally

and if SC4 is out of reach  then 139 First " Eobard Thawne, Professor Zoom, .. the Reverse Flash "

On 4/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Hmm if someone asked about buying the top five books both for value, future appreciation and historical significance.

SC4 -first Flash

SC8 - 2nd Flash first modern super villian

105 -First in title

123 -1st GA crossover first multiverse

110 first Red haired Wally

and if SC4 is out of reach  then 139 First " Eobard Thawne, Professor Zoom, .. the Reverse Flash "

I checked Ebay to see what's available for issue #123 and #139. Loads of issue #139 are for sale, but only a few for issue #123. There are so many issues of #139 for sale I wonder if some sellers might come down in the prices they are asking.  :wishluck:

Edited by frozentundraguy