• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,851 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, DanCooper said:

When it was listed last June, Heritage also noted the following in the description:

"Please note that there is a very small chip out of the bottom left corner of the CGC holder that does not affect the integrity of the book."

That note has been omitted from this auction, this time.

It was apparently reholdered.  Look at the upper right corner around the CGC security sticker?

On 4/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I made a run to my favorite LCS yesterday to see what the store had in the way of Flash comics. The earliest issue in stock was #138, which I already have 2 copies of. I bought the book that was in the best condition.

scan0865.jpg

Such a great comic, great story, great cover!

Just got the 2016 Alter Ego issue #142 with the amazing story of how a group of fanboy artists and writers pooled their money together and bought round trip plane ticket from France to San Diego in 1998 so they could meet one of their idols, John Broome. Just in the nick of time too! Sadly he passed away less that 2 years after. John by all accounts at his first Comic-Con was surprised and delighted. He had slipped into obscurity at the end of the Silver Age. He did not realize how much he meant to us and the industry, and most of all us true Flash Fans! He is a legend. I wish I could have been there at the con that year. Man to have sat in on that panel Flash Fans, the day he spoke? Legendary stuff. Great reading!

image.png.62944c888a9796edd191f3fa2c0af9c4.png

Edited by flashlites

On 4/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I made a run to my favorite LCS yesterday to see what the store had in the way of Flash comics. The earliest issue in stock was #138, which I already have 2 copies of. I bought the book that was in the best condition.

scan0865.jpg

Another great wedding cover 194 The Bride that cast two shadows! Last Broome Flash -script, I believe?

image.png.7c555d4cc96007b8d3459f4b15956318.png

(pulled off the net not mine but in about the same shape as mine :takeit:)

On 4/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, flashlites said:

Have you Rogues fans seen the new magazine format Rogues comic?

image.png.30376a63d106e3cf8df72e0a02867f69.png

Yes have three copies. One for each cover and one I want Williamson to sign. Have browsed it not read it, but very excited where it is heading. This is gives a very natural spin on the Rogues in real life. I did not think the art would appeal but it was perfect. Also the first few pages in the bar are classic. Very few writers have been able to do the Rogues right. Broome, Bates, Johns and now Williamson. (better quite gushing now before I start going on about how the Flash TV show got caught up in Waid's world and sold us Flash fans short with very poor Rogues portrayals.)

On 4/20/2022 at 6:53 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Yes have three copies. One for each cover and one I want Williamson to sign. Have browsed it not read it, but very excited where it is heading. This is gives a very natural spin on the Rogues in real life. I did not think the art would appeal but it was perfect. Also the first few pages in the bar are classic. Very few writers have been able to do the Rogues right. Broome, Bates, Johns and now Williamson. (better quite gushing now before I start going on about how the Flash TV show got caught up in Waid's world and sold us Flash fans short with very poor Rogues portrayals.)

I think you will enjoy it Terry. I read the story over the weekend and was pleased as to where it seems to be going. You are right about the TV show, It seemed the Rogues were really going to be a great part of the show, but for some reason they were abandoned around season 3 was it? They gave them over to that other show and it seemed wrong. They did not really fit in the Legends of Tomorrow. They were poorly written and I could not bare to watch anymore.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:39 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Well I pulled the trigger and acquired this copy of $174 from the same seller who sold me $111.

I looked at this cover enough before buying a copy, darn if it isn't infectious. (thumbsu

Note:  The little smudge under the lower staple is from the mylar the book is encased in.

scan0872.jpg

Congrats!!! This is one of my favorite covers from the Silver Age and one of several from the late 60's where DC pulled the plug on convention and allowed some pretty cool concepts and creativity for the cover art to be done on some of their books.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Well I pulled the trigger and acquired this copy of #174 from the same seller who sold me $111.

I looked at this cover enough before buying a copy, darn if it isn't infectious. (thumbsu

Note:  The little smudge under the lower staple is from the mylar the book is encased in.

scan0872.jpg

Such a classic cover! And was voted consistently by our group of experts to be in the top 5 Flash covers of all time!!! Congratulations!!! :banana::banana::banana: 

Also Infantino's last Flash work for a very long time, tied up beautifully with Barry & iris having dinner where Barry tells her he is the Flash (and she tells him "she knows"). Tied up that final loose thread.

(note he did do some covers, but covers was basically all he did for quite some time - some of the very best JLA covers ever done as well)