• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, OtherEric said:

Picked up at Grit City Comic Show in Tacoma today.  My budget was quite tight, particularly since I'm still making time payments on Vampirella #1.  But this was well within even my tight budget and I'm crazy happy to get a copy. 

Vampirella_003.jpg

Congratulations!!!

On 5/28/2020 at 10:12 PM, Stevemmg said:

I sincerely hope it was someone here that took me out at the end on the cover proof for the original cover of #39. Later used in reverse image and with color revisions for the cover of #96. 

135795BD-32FA-4C87-8A5E-4A43C377B790.thumb.jpeg.c89f9d3ccea1e6031c8241a3969b26c9.jpeg

So this cover was never actually used for issue #39? The #39's that I've seen have a different cover?? If it wasn't used for #39 then my #96 wouldn't really be considered a reprint, would it? Just trying to figure it all out.

It wasn’t. Amazing how long it sat unused until Warren was in financial trouble, when it seems he was looking for something already in house, must have come across it. Hence the reprinted covers that followed on 97-99. Great to have a copy of that original intended cover, congratulations. 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, Stevemmg said:

It wasn’t. Amazing how long it sat unused until Warren was in financial trouble, when it seems he was looking for something already in house, must have come across it. Hence the reprinted covers that followed on 97-99. Great to have a copy of that original intended cover, congratulations. 

Thanks, Steve, and thanks for clarification. I appreciate it. Would be nice to have that cover proof!