• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I've been on a bit of a buying hiatus waiting to close on some special books so I sent one I bought a few months ago in for grading. Now I've got to unload my undercopy.

Planet0492FC.jpg

What a great book. I'm looking forward to eventually seeing one helluva Planet Comics group shot. :wishluck:

great color!

Thats one fantastic book Cheetah...... trade you a years supply of Cheetos for it. Puffs or crunchy, your choice :grin:

Was able to (finally) upgrade my copy of AA17. This book is not as hot as it used to be, be remains one of my favorites (because I cannot afford an AA16.) Got it for what I consider a bargain and I'm in :luhv: with the OW/W Pq.

IMG_2985.jpg

Nice pick up! (thumbs u

That is a great cover.

I picked up this one recently too. It is also a pretty good cover.

5252283603_3a3c0f5fe3_z.jpg

:frustrated:

I've been trying to find an affordable copy of that book for years

that is a pretty fawcett. i just grabbed a couple pretty fawcett raboys.

cmj24.jpg

master49jpg.jpg

I'm glad you were able to work out a deal as I know how long you've worked to complete that set! Can't wait to see the group shot!

This came today, completing the set for me. I'll post a group shot soon.

Thanks to the Watcher for selling me this toughie.

FightingAmerican3.jpg

I'm glad you were able to work out a deal as I know how long you've worked to complete that set! Can't wait to see the group shot!

This came today, completing the set for me. I'll post a group shot soon.

Thanks to the Watcher for selling me this toughie.

FightingAmerican3.jpg

As you no doubt recall, I have you to thank for #s 6 and 7. (thumbs u

Got a couple back from CGC today. The Planet is tied for the highest graded and the Supersnipe is the onlyu CGC graded copy.

Planet66FC.jpg

That's a great looking book and I love the colors, but after seeing some of the super high grade early Planets posted recently (by you), it surprises me that 7.5 is the highest graded for this issue.

Ask AdamStrange what he believes his copy would grade at ... and you'd probably know where a higher grade copy resides ... As a secondary question, this book was published at the same time at This Mag is Haunted # 3 which is notorious for poor paper quality as the spine always splits. My copy of Planet # 66 has poor paper, on the verge of brittleness. Is it possible that is the reason for the paucity of 66 in higher grade? :shrug:

Got a couple back from CGC today. The Planet is tied for the highest graded and the Supersnipe is the onlyu CGC graded copy.

Planet66FC.jpg

That's a great looking book and I love the colors, but after seeing some of the super high grade early Planets posted recently (by you), it surprises me that 7.5 is the highest graded for this issue.

I don't take the highest graded business too seriously. I know adamstrange has a copy that is much better than this one. He's just allergic to plastic.