• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,552 posts in this topic

Conphoto.jpg.b560a06735081ad20cceff229f1bc2df.jpg

On 8/25/2024 at 1:33 AM, comicnoir said:

I see I made into one of your pics as well. Which am I?

On 8/26/2024 at 6:45 PM, comicnoir said:

Yep.

Well it worked out for both of us .....hey, the Jumbo was a bit pricey but as another thread asked "Overpay for rare GA or not", I guess I'm in the overpay camp .......

FISH

On 8/27/2024 at 3:35 PM, comicnoir said:

Not quite.

Then I'm stumped :wavingwhiteflag:

• Administrator
On 8/28/2024 at 1:05 PM, Griff said:

P.S. what happened to the journals? I loved reading those !

I am not sure why they currently are not in the sidebar but, at the top of the page, there is a button to access them.  Here's a direct link.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/blogs/

Here is a screenshot showing how to get to them.

image.png

On 8/30/2024 at 8:20 PM, N e r V said:

Win tonight. One of my favorites of the early Flash covers. White pages on a 1940/41 book and an ad for All Star #3.:)

IMG_0531.thumb.jpeg.841d69554a3be72f1d80020e3fc6de3c.jpeg

I was sorely tempted to chase this one, but had just won Ian's copy in the PBA auction and couldn't justify making a run for it. 

526278_xl.thumb.jpg.9ff40f93e9b4846c86f4d1f5f30f000d.jpg

Nowhere near as pretty as yours, but a whole lot cheaper xD

This and #8 are my favorites in the run.  Glad you won it.  Ended up right around where I figured it would, which I thought was a fair price.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:58 PM, kent allard said:

I was sorely tempted to chase this one, but had just won Ian's copy in the PBA auction and couldn't justify making a run for it. 

526278_xl.thumb.jpg.9ff40f93e9b4846c86f4d1f5f30f000d.jpg

Nowhere near as pretty as yours, but a whole lot cheaper xD

This and #8 are my favorites in the run.  Glad you won it.  Ended up right around where I figured it would, which I thought was a fair price.

Not Flash but a Hawkman cover I need to pick up a #15 again. Lost track how many I’ve owned over the years but I’ll look into getting one back too. It’s easily one of the best early Hawkman covers. Just need to find the right copy.

Edited by N e r V

On 9/5/2024 at 11:06 AM, N e r V said:

Not Flash but a Hawkman cover I need to pick up a #15 again. Lost track how many I’ve owned over the years but I’ll look into getting one back too. It’s easily one of the best early Hartman covers. Just need to find the right copy.

YES!  The  early Moldoff Hawkmans are amazingly good.

I'm partial to #19, #17, #9, and #33 myself.  A #19 just came up for auction, but I couldn't afford the fare.  A *signed* #33 also closed a little while ago, but I just couldn't swing it at the time.  :frustrated:  *sigh*

On 9/5/2024 at 1:40 PM, kent allard said:

I'm partial to #19, #17, #9, and #33 myself.  A #19 just came up for auction, but I couldn't afford the fare.  A *signed* #33 also closed a little while ago, but I just couldn't swing it at the time.  :frustrated:  *sigh*

I love this Moldoff cover and #8 (1st New Logo) which I owned for a (too) brief period of time. Still have my copy of #33 though- fantastic book.  

On 9/5/2024 at 1:40 PM, kent allard said:

I'm fairly indifferent to the Flash covers.  When Hibbard took over I pretty much wrote them off - not my style.

Edited by kent allard

On 9/5/2024 at 2:18 PM, kent allard said:

I'm fairly indifferent to the Flash covers.  When Hibbard took over I pretty much wrote them off - not my style.

I have to generally agree with that too on his Flash comics. But I really like All Flash #1,13 and 14 and obviously his covers on All Star #3,4, etc. are pretty classic. Flash comics covers (to me) were good early on and later when Kubert and Infantino show up. There are some good Hawkman covers in throughout though.