• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

My house was also affected by the lighning and it fried my receiver. No TV or anything in my home theater.

:(

Those lightning storms we had last Thursday and Friday night were INSANE!!! I've never seen anything like that, i was actually almost a little scared Thursday night. Oddly enough, my house didnt get hit during either of those wicked night storms. it got hit at like 5pm before the storm really started by just a random bolt i guess (shrug)

The worst part was it fried the wiring in most of my house so not only did a bunch of appliances and electronics get fried but now im having most of the dang house rewired! :censored: It sure was a fun weekend with no AC and 95 degree temps! :frustrated:

the storms we had last week did affect me much but i got to sleep like a baby

Way cool. Is that the actual splash page of the Avengers #2 or a recreation?

Thanks man!

No, just a cheapo recreation i got in a HA auction a couple months back for like $60. I dont want to even imagine what the actual splash page would cost! :o

WAAAAAAAAY out of my league unfortunately :sorry:

case5.jpg

Is that picture of hawk eye in the case a slide from the avengers old t.v show?

It's a cell from Avengers earths mightiest heros (im not sure which show it was from really) that I won for $50 in last months commicconnect auction. I got that one for me and a MODOK one for my son. I didn't look thru them yet but I know they have a bunch more of them in this months auction that ends in like a week (thumbs u

btw, its pretty freaking cool!! I actually just looked and they have a VERY similar one for auction right now. If it goes for the same amount, which it probably will, id definitely recommend snagging 1 or more.

this is the one up for auction right now, pretty similar. Oh and its from the Iron Man series apparently

hawkeye.jpg

Edited by sufunk

case5.jpg

Is that picture of hawk eye in the case a slide from the avengers old t.v show?

It's a cell from Avengers earths mightiest heros (im not sure which show it was from really) that I won for $50 in last months commicconnect auction. I got that one for me and a MODOK one for my son. I didn't look thru them yet but I know they have a bunch more of them in this months auction that ends in like a week (thumbs u

Yea i think its the one from the 90's i remember seeing that show after spiderman and the hulk on disney at like 1am, man i love reruns.

My house was also affected by the lighning and it fried my receiver. No TV or anything in my home theater.

:(

Those lightning storms we had last Thursday and Friday night were INSANE!!! I've never seen anything like that, i was actually almost a little scared Thursday night. Oddly enough, my house didnt get hit during either of those wicked night storms. it got hit at like 5pm before the storm really started by just a random bolt i guess (shrug)

The worst part was it fried the wiring in most of my house so not only did a bunch of appliances and electronics get fried but now im having most of the dang house rewired! :censored: It sure was a fun weekend with no AC and 95 degree temps! :frustrated:

That sucks Jason. On Friday night I was getting a bit concerned because it sounded like Iraq in Weston. Explosions were going off and it seemed really close to the house. The kids were worried and came into bed with us...even my 14 year old. lol

After the storm I went into my family room and the TV said no signal. I'm thinking that Direct TV went out...but no...all the devices weren't showing on the TV. Blu ray, PS3, Wii, Apple TV...nothing was showing on the screen.

I had Geek Squad to my house today and it was my receiver that fried. I went to Best Buy today, bought a new receiver and Geek Squad is coming back tomorrow to install everything and reprogram my universal remote. :frustrated:

It could be worse...but it sucks.

Yeah, my dogs were NOT happy, especially our puppy :(

One of our Corgis literally didnt come out from under the bed except to eat and spint outside to pee until Sunday night :cry:

Easily the 2 worst lightning storms i have ever seen. It was like the freaking Apocalypse or something!!!

I moved both my display cases next to each other. Just a little re-org in the comic room

updatecomicroom.jpg

These cases are awesome! Too bad the nearest Ikea is over an hour away from me, and I doubt the box would fit in my car. I thought about buying a couple over their website, but Ikea charges more to ship these than they are charging for the display case itself. Maybe I'll rent a pick-up truck one day and pick up 2 or 3.

You can buy them on eBa for $159 shipped for free. You can't beat that deal. These suckers weigh 90 lbs!

Buy 'em online and have them delivered...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/

I keep forgetting to post it but i picked this up last week at my LCS for $35!

Its pretty sweet in person! I just gotta find a decent place to put it hm

imstand.jpg

awesome

+1 - very cool (thumbs u

that friggin Ultron is HUGE (and amazing)!

My wife and I and our three kids live in a 1200 square foot ranch house. It is crowded to say the least. I have always been envious of all the cool comic rooms you guys post on the boards. I've managed to scrounge out a "comic corner" in our current house.

All that is about to change, we are moving to a much larger house and the best part is it has 5 bedrooms...one more than we need. You know what that means? That's right baby, a whole comic room for myself, my wife even gave me the approval...ok well, sort of, it's a comic room slash guest room, but I'll take what I can get. Best part is, when my parents come to visit they get to sleep in there. It will drive them absolutely crazy that I never completely grew up and I still collect comics to this day....bwwahahahaha!!!!!!

It's the grey one in the middle

7409796552_83454770d9_c.jpg

1420 across the street by dicjones, on Flickr]new house[/url]

^Nice!!! We just closed on our first home here in lovely Northern Cali...4 bedrooms...one more than we need as well.

Best part...family room has a full wall of built in bookcases and my lady has ZERO problem with the entire house being a comic book room. SCORE!

My wife and I and our three kids live in a 1200 square foot ranch house. It is crowded to say the least. I have always been envious of all the cool comic rooms you guys post on the boards. I've managed to scrounge out a "comic corner" in our current house.

All that is about to change, we are moving to a much larger house and the best part is it has 5 bedrooms...one more than we need. You know what that means? That's right baby, a whole comic room for myself, my wife even gave me the approval...ok well, sort of, it's a comic room slash guest room, but I'll take what I can get. Best part is, when my parents come to visit they get to sleep in there. It will drive them absolutely crazy that I never completely grew up and I still collect comics to this day....bwwahahahaha!!!!!!

lol can't wait see how it ends up looking

Beautiful home. Congrats and best of luck! :golfclap:

NICE! Congrats! :applause:

Man, i miss living up North instead of the cookie cutter houses with zero lot lines that we have down here! :sorry:

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Hopefully this will be the first in a series of pictures I will have to show you guys over the coming months or years.

To Sufunk: Yeah, old house are great, the craftsmanship that they used to employ back then just cant be matched today. Nothing against new houses, it just wasn't an option my wife and I even thought about.