• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,308 posts in this topic

6776972057_e11195450b_z.jpg

I am very envious of people's nice comic rooms.

I find myself packed into a room with 10,000 comics and barely enough room to walk.

Do others have this problem?

I used to, but when we made our final move to Florida my wife agreed to buy a house with an extra room so I could finally set up my "space". I posted pictures previously but will update as soon as some OA gets back from the framer's shop.

I find myself packed into a room with 10,000 comics and barely enough room to walk.

I used to, but when we made our final move to Florida my wife agreed to buy a house with an extra room so I could finally set up my "space".

I posted pictures previously but will update as soon as some OA gets back from the framer's shop.

[font:Book Antiqua]Why we have to wait...?

Before and after pictures should be nice...[/font]

(thumbs u

not really a comic "room," but it's my room :)

comicroom.jpg

HC Wall part 1

comicroom2.jpg

HC Wall part 2 + Cerebus TPBs -a lil messy, but just got this bookcase. beats having GNs in floor stacks any day!

My Wizard Magazine collection on the bottom, 1-100 (when it was still fantastic and actually about comic books) nearly complete (I miss you old Wizard!)

comicroom3.jpg

-my CGC 9.8 wall.

all my boxes and extra CGCs are crammed in my closet...not much to see there.

believe it or not, I just sold about 2/3 of my HC collection and 100 CGCs on eBay (gotta get an engagement ring after all). just kept my fav's ;)

believe it or not, I just sold about 2/3 of my HC collection and 100 CGCs on eBay (gotta get an engagement ring after all). just kept my fav's ;)

Very nice collection and congrats on finding that someone. I know how that it is. I also used to collect animation cels and sold them all to by an engagement ring almost 10 years ago. Trust me you won't miss what you sold, you could always buy it back later. Best of luck and I wish you guys a lifetime of happiness.

comicroom.jpg

HC Wall part 1

comicroom2.jpg

HC Wall part 2 + Cerebus TPBs -a lil messy, but just got this bookcase. beats having GNs in floor stacks any day!

My Wizard Magazine collection on the bottom, 1-100 (when it was still fantastic and actually about comic books) nearly complete (I miss you old Wizard!)

comicroom3.jpg

-my CGC 9.8 wall.

Hey your space is looking cool - the 9.8 wall is great. Is there specifics you collect?

Oh and most of us have had to give up something for the 'one', although luckily for me, it has not involved parting with my comics - Good Luck. (thumbs u

Oh, I assume she said yes? hm

thanks, I really only collect comics in CGC that

1) have an epic cover

AND

2) is an issue that I really like, or from a series I really like.

I've found I get bored of almost any CGC that doesn't cover both those requirements...

the only two issues on that wall that I am not really into the series are the fathom and the swamp thing....both of those covers are just too beautiful, but I mean COME ON...one of them is Michael Turner after all...

so most comics I collect CGC tend to be Spidey or Deadpool.

I haven't asked yet... it's gonna be a "yes," believe me.

Edited by mkronck

My marital bliss hinges on this not becoming the state of the house and, rightly so! So, no, I am lucky enough to have enough storage around the house so as not to have to part with books. I would sell before creating tension in the relationship with my wife.

If you need to create some room, ... you know my PM.

Hours I could spend looking at your collection, sir!

comicroom.jpg

HC Wall part 1

comicroom2.jpg

comicroom3.jpg

-my CGC 9.8 wall.

I give you tree fitty for the X-Men Omnibus :insane:

Seriously,Awesome bookshelves :applause:

My marital bliss hinges on this not becoming the state of the house and, rightly so! So, no, I am lucky enough to have enough storage around the house so as not to have to part with books. I would sell before creating tension in the relationship with my wife.

If you need to create some room, ... you know my PM.

Hours I could spend looking at your collection, sir!

You're welcome to stop by Scrooge. Perhaps Bill can have another Pons Con and you can meet JB and Red Fury as well.

Yep...looks exactly like my room... :facepalm:

+1 - Looks just like my comic room :cry:

However, mine is getting an update :wishluck:

Organization aside, is that a raccoon by the book shelf? You really shouldn’t let him around the books. Raccoon’s have poor comic handling skills. 2c

Here's some pics of stuff in my comic room. I hope you like ..

My main bookcase showing Custom bound hardcovers, Marvel Masterworks and Marvel Omnibus ..

DSCF0001.jpg

More Custom bound hardcovers ..

DSCF0002.jpg

Top of bookcase, showing 'Fighting American' #1 (signed by Kirby), an acetate for 'Avengers Annual' #9, a sample of an iconic John Byrne Captain America head, (stamped in Silver onto blue buckram) with some original Cap art behind that ..

DSCF0004.jpg

.. just below the above pic, showing more Custom hardcovers, 'The Savage Sword Of Conan' #'s1-4 (turned from softcover tpb into hardcovers, and #5 (still to be done) , some Marvel Essentials, plus assorted Marvel Premieres'.

DSCF0003.jpg

Another bookcase full of Custom bound hardcovers, plus various Marvel hardcovers ..

DSCF0005.jpg