• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

I really want to buy one but I wish Comic Cube had black wood like the Enterprise shelving! I'd love to get a Batman engraved one!! :wishluck:

Hey,

Check out their website - I am sure they do their cubes in black hm

I did but its just a plain black not black where you can see the woods grain. doh!

I would suggest sending them an email and ask them - if it can be done - I am sure they could do it. (shrug)

[font:System] [/font] This room has been in progress for some time but is finally done. I found these shelves on a site I've used in the past (homedecorators.com) and really like the floating look with no supporting brackets. The only drawback is the different shelf lengths have mounting holes in different locations which need to be in front of wall studs so they can't all be symmetrical with my wall configuration. A nice bonus to these shelves though is that they have a small ridge to prevent the comics from sliding off which, along with the floating look, made them the perfect choice for me.

I had to include a great couch and chair so I can watch TV, play games, read or work and still get to see some of my favorite comics at the same time.

My main wall currently has 4 shelves of my 7th War Loan collection, which mostly have cover dates of July, 1945 though some publishers had dates slightly before or after depending on their print schedules. The 7th War Loan was the final campaign to get consumers to purchase savings bonds to fund the war on Japan after Germany had been defeated. Fawcett and DC put out 13 titles that specifically mentioned the 7th War Loan on the covers while some other publishers (primarily Dell, Eastern Color and Novelty Press) put some type of call for buying more bonds on their covers.

The DC covers are my favorites because they integrate the bond push into the actions of the characters on the covers while Fawcett just put a 7th War Loan box on their covers. Other publishers did not mention the 7th War Loan by name but either put a request to buy more bonds or, with Dell, printed a copy of the letter that was distributed to the media with the signatures of 7 military leaders speaking of the need to fund the end of the war.

In any case, here's my room and thanks to the many who have posted before and shown how fun a comic room can be. I just grin like a fool when I go in because I just enjoy the visual impact of seeing so many of my favorite issues at once. Plus I can change my themes on different shelves when I need something fresh. Currently, in addition to the war comics, I have a "Villians" shelf with different first appearances, a Bronze Age shelf, a Signature Series shelf and a Favorite Covers shelf.

Mickey

120615.jpg.2b5b24cd6ee7a7dc70ace72e5e7d29ac.jpg

120616.jpg.1c7201ef954a7fc97e7ff03e6bef090d.jpg

120617.jpg.b05bc0ccbcc16f9068fcf93695e19713.jpg

120618.jpg.50953c532b4e4ae17a8c70946f1bb00c.jpg

120619.jpg.5ee8f403113b8e3a23495e626c8bf6cb.jpg

[font:System] [/font] This room has been in progress for some time but is finally done. I found these shelves on a site I've used in the past (homedecorators.com) and really like the floating look with no supporting brackets. The only drawback is the different shelf lengths have mounting holes in different locations which need to be in front of wall studs so they can't all be symmetrical with my wall configuration. A nice bonus to these shelves though is that they have a small ridge to prevent the comics from sliding off which, along with the floating look, made them the perfect choice for me.

I had to include a great couch and chair so I can watch TV, play games, read or work and still get to see some of my favorite comics at the same time.

My main wall currently has 4 shelves of my 7th War Loan collection, which mostly have cover dates of July, 1945 though some publishers had dates slightly before or after depending on their print schedules. The 7th War Loan was the final campaign to get consumers to purchase savings bonds to fund the war on Japan after Germany had been defeated. Fawcett and DC put out 13 titles that specifically mentioned the 7th War Loan on the covers while some other publishers (primarily Dell, Eastern Color and Novelty Press) put some type of call for buying more bonds on their covers.

The DC covers are my favorites because they integrate the bond push into the actions of the characters on the covers while Fawcett just put a 7th War Loan box on their covers. Other publishers did not mention the 7th War Loan by name but either put a request to buy more bonds or, with Dell, printed a copy of the letter that was distributed to the media with the signatures of 7 military leaders speaking of the need to fund the end of the war.

In any case, here's my room and thanks to the many who have posted before and shown how fun a comic room can be. I just grin like a fool when I go in because I just enjoy the visual impact of seeing so many of my favorite issues at once. Plus I can change my themes on different shelves when I need something fresh. Currently, in addition to the war comics, I have a "Villians" shelf with different first appearances, a Bronze Age shelf, a Signature Series shelf and a Favorite Covers shelf.

Mickey

That's one hell of a man cave.

Mickey

That's one hell of a man cave.

+1

What a COOL room and your AF 15 just sitting on a shelf on its own... (worship)

AWESOME

Here's a few closer shots of the comics I have up now and the shelves.

It that Rocky Horror Poster signed by the actors?!?!!?

It is, I saw it on Broadway a few years ago with Joan Jett and they were selling autographed posters for charity so I got one. Very fun show! Joan was Columbia and Cavett was the narrator, which sounded strange to me but he was pretty cool.

It is, I saw it on Broadway a few years ago with Joan Jett and they were selling autographed posters for charity so I got one. Very fun show! Joan was Columbia and Cavett was the narrator, which sounded strange to me but he was pretty cool.

:o

I'll give you my left lung for it! :foryou:

:o

I'll give you my left lung for it! :foryou:

lol

I hadn't realized the name of the narrator was spooned by the filters earlier but it was the old late night talk show guy and I assume his first name was Richard but he went by the shorter and more colorful first name that can't be printed here.

6776972057_e11195450b_z.jpg

I am very envious of people's nice comic rooms.

I find myself packed into a room with 10,000 comics and barely enough room to walk.

Do others have this problem?

Yep...looks exactly like my room... :facepalm:

Hey,

My room may look nice, but believe me, I cannot find anything. I have my comics catalogued - well nearly all of them, but they have been put into boxes randomly - so it takes me al LONG time to find anything.

:pullhair:

Oh and Pampers boxes are good for storage - bearing in mind how many one get through (thumbs u

Edited by Waylander

6776972057_e11195450b_z.jpg

I am very envious of people's nice comic rooms.

I find myself packed into a room with 10,000 comics and barely enough room to walk.

Do others have this problem?

Once you start putting stuff on top of boxes, or piling boxes on top of one another, then you cede control. Yes, I've been there.