• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,299 posts in this topic

Here is a pic of my recently redone display. I was tired of all of my books languishing in their long boxes inside a dark cupboard so I decided to get them up and into my bookcase...

comicdisplay.jpg

Top shelf is mostly Silver Marvel with some Bronze. Near complete Silver Surfer V1 collection and lots of Avengers and Daredevil. Underneath that is my modest collection of 11 slabs (hidden behind the Avewngers book.) I'm quite new to the graded game so I'm building this collection slowly. Want to get a silver book for one of each of the main Marvel characters to give to my son when he is older

Below the lightsabers is my DC collection. I actually inherited the entire collection from a cousin who passed a few years back. Some wonderful Batman and Superman in there. I added lots of DC 100 pagers as they are my main focus for DC

It's not much, but it's mine and I love it. Really excited to start picking out stuff to read with my son in a few years. I want this to be a collection that's enjoyed by us both in the future

Firstly, welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

Nice display, are you collecting first appearances or just a silver age appearance of characters?

How old is your son?

Here is a pic of my recently redone display. I was tired of all of my books languishing in their long boxes inside a dark cupboard so I decided to get them up and into my bookcase...

comicdisplay.jpg

Top shelf is mostly Silver Marvel with some Bronze. Near complete Silver Surfer V1 collection and lots of Avengers and Daredevil. Underneath that is my modest collection of 11 slabs (hidden behind the Avengers book.) I'm quite new to the graded game so I'm building this collection slowly. Want to get a silver book for one of each of the main Marvel characters to give to my son when he is older

Below the lightsabers is my DC collection. I actually inherited the entire collection from a cousin who passed a few years back. Some wonderful Batman and Superman in there. I added lots of DC 100 pagers as they are my main focus for DC

It's not much, but it's mine and I love it. Really excited to start picking out stuff to read with my son in a few years. I want this to be a collection that's enjoyed by us both in the future

Cool set up. (thumbs u

Thanks for the welcome!

Just Silver Age appearances at the moment. Not looking for super high grades but books that present really well. So far I've got an FF4, Thor, X-Men, and ASM pre 1970 along with a few SS books. Got my eyes on a nice Cap and Daredevil next

My boy is only 9 months old but he's already showing an interest in Marvel. Like his daddy, he is a big Silver Surfer fan!

378713_10150390061372427_505157426_8264061_784070546_n.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

Just Silver Age appearances at the moment. Not looking for super high grades but books that present really well. So far I've got an FF4, Thor, X-Men, and ASM pre 1970 along with a few SS books. Got my eyes on a nice Cap and Daredevil next

My boy is only 9 months old but he's already showing an interest in Marvel. Like his daddy, he is a big Silver Surfer fan!

378713_10150390061372427_505157426_8264061_784070546_n.jpg

Cool. (thumbs u

Lovely boy

I'm almost ashamed to post pics with the INSANE, AMAZING comic rooms you guys have. This my den which over the last 4-5 years, my wife has literally filled to the roof with hers and the kids .

Hard to believe, but it took me about 30 hours over the last month and 2 bulk pickups to even clear it enough that now you can walk around and theres actually spare room. A few more weeks a one more bulk garbage day and i'll actually be able to hang the stuff that needs hanging on the wall!

Problem is, i have a BUNCH of framed football jersey and other Cowboys/Syracuse plaques, pictures etc to hang so not sure what to do with them. I might find another part of the house to put them up so this can FINALLY be a true "comic room"

Like i said, its LAME AS HELL compared to what you guys have, :blush: , but since ive put so many hours into cleaning it up, heres the pics of what ive got so far (shrug)

cr1.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr2.jpg

So I am OCD and paranoid, you might want to black out the windows in that door(second picture) or hang heavy curtains over them, all you need is for some individual to look in and decide he or she should own those books instead of you, outside of that I'd be grateful to have the same setup.

Edited by JohnFranklin

Not to mention the sunlight fading some of the goodies.

Great start to a great room though. I ove those book cases!

That door is actually Inside the house so no sunlight comes in thru there and no one can see in From the outside window(Shades and a bookshelf blocking it). All my neighbors on both side for like 7-8 houses down have been broken into in the last 5 years or so except for us. We have a 150lb Greater Swiss Mountain dog that FREAKS if anyone comes near a door or window. You'd have to be a VERY brave soul to attempt a break in at our house with him barking his head off at you!

Any burglar steps inside our house and I'll be scooping up chunks of him our Swissie out for a week!!! :devil::o (thumbs u

Edited by sufunk

That door is actually Inside the house so no sunlight comes in thru there and no one can see in From the outside window(Shades and a bookshelf blocking it). All my neighbors on both side for like 7-8 houses down have been broken into in the last 5 years or so except for us. We have a 150lb Greater Swiss Mountain dog that FREAKS if anyone comes near a door or window. You'd have to be a VERY brave soul to attempt a break in at our house with him barking his head off at you!

Any burglar steps inside our house and I'll be scooping up chunks of him our Swissie out for a week!!! :devil::o (thumbs u

A picture of your pooch :wishluck:

Challenge accepted please PM me or Walker your address.

Challenge accepted please PM me or Walker your address.

lol

You would NOT make it trust me! :o

My only worry is a determined burglar that knows the place and would be willing to just shoot and kill him. It seems like all the burglaries in our neighborhood are opportunists that chose the houses at random and avoided us when they see the dog. Unless you've owner a great Dane, swissie, mastiff or the like, you would be shocked how big he is when you see him.

I love dogs and have never been scared of a dog in my life except once. When we went to buy this swissie and went to the breeders house to see his parents, they had 7 adult swissies. We went in the yard and she gave us a big speech that she was letting them out, just stay still and don't be scared and DO NOT runaway! lol I was laughing to my wife how stupid that was since I would NEVER run from a dog! This lady let them out and these 7 giants came running at me, it took everything I had not to just freak and run for the gate! When those things came running at me, that's the closest I've ever come to my pants in my life!

I love dogs, but I wont have another until I have a bit more time .

My last dog was a cross Lurcher and I had her for 17 years. Miss her so much.

Still hoping to see a photo of your Swissie.

I'll post one for you when I get home in a little bit (thumbs u

heres his puppy pic from the breeder

deeps20001.jpg

This is him with his handler when he was about 1 and won his 1st show

hero0001.jpg

I cant find a recent pic of him in my photobucket account (shrug) but hes close to double that size now. Now, he'd come up WELL past her hips if he was in the same position. Like i said, unless you've had a HUGE dog, people are shocked by his size. If you have like a Lab or German Shepard or a "big" dog like that, he dwarfs one of those :o

heres his puppy pic from the breeder

deeps20001.jpg

This is him with his handler when he was about 1 and won his 1st show

hero0001.jpg

I cant find a recent pic of him in my photobucket account (shrug) but hes close to double that size now. Now, he'd come up WELL past her hips if he was in the same position. Like i said, unless you've had a HUGE dog, people are shocked by his size. If you have like a Lab or German Shepard or a "big" dog like that, he dwarfs one of those :o

He is gorgeous and he was the cutest pup. (thumbs u

The wife finally let me start my comic room :) Nothing special. The bookcase holds my ASM run (I have everything from #50 to current). Enjoy!

comicroom1.jpg

comicroom2.jpg

comicroom3.jpg

comicroom4.jpg

comicroom5.jpg

comicroom6.jpg

comicroom7.jpg

I found the case on eBay....$160 with free shipping....went ahead and snagged one. It was $70 at Ikea, but shipping took it up to $300 and to drive the 3 hours would have cost me more than $100 in gas....

So it was a no brainer! :whee: