• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,302 posts in this topic

I'm almost ashamed to post pics with the INSANE, AMAZING comic rooms you guys have. This my den which over the last 4-5 years, my wife has literally filled to the roof with hers and the kids .

Hard to believe, but it took me about 30 hours over the last month and 2 bulk pickups to even clear it enough that now you can walk around and theres actually spare room. A few more weeks a one more bulk garbage day and i'll actually be able to hang the stuff that needs hanging on the wall!

Problem is, i have a BUNCH of framed football jersey and other Cowboys/Syracuse plaques, pictures etc to hang so not sure what to do with them. I might find another part of the house to put them up so this can FINALLY be a true "comic room"

Like i said, its LAME AS HELL compared to what you guys have, :blush: , but since ive put so many hours into cleaning it up, heres the pics of what ive got so far (shrug)

cr1.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr2.jpg

Man way to hop on that Avengers bandwagon :baiting:

:jokealert:

The top 3 rows of shelves with slabs is my Avengers run :gossip:

The top shelf is all my Pedigree slabs and the next two selves is my non-Ped 1-230 run :blush:

Nice set up - like the way you display your slabs - definitely NOT lame (thumbs u

<< The top 3 rows of shelves with slabs is my Avengers run

The top shelf is all my Pedigree slabs and the next two selves is my non-Ped 1-230 run >>

I LOVE it!

I'm waiting for the day when I can get all my Avengers CGC'd.

Nice room, Sir!

I'm almost ashamed to post pics with the INSANE, AMAZING comic rooms you guys have. This my den which over the last 4-5 years, my wife has literally filled to the roof with hers and the kids .

Hard to believe, but it took me about 30 hours over the last month and 2 bulk pickups to even clear it enough that now you can walk around and theres actually spare room. A few more weeks a one more bulk garbage day and i'll actually be able to hang the stuff that needs hanging on the wall!

Problem is, i have a BUNCH of framed football jersey and other Cowboys/Syracuse plaques, pictures etc to hang so not sure what to do with them. I might find another part of the house to put them up so this can FINALLY be a true "comic room"

Like i said, its LAME AS HELL compared to what you guys have, :blush: , but since ive put so many hours into cleaning it up, heres the pics of what ive got so far (shrug)

cr1.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr2.jpg

Shelves look to be filled with awesome stuff to me, love all those slabs so not lame at all. In fact I have the same Bowen Thanos and yellow jacket statue. Keep it going I say. Also keep the room comics focused and put the jerseys in the bedroom (thumbs u

Edited by PsychoJ

The only thing lame as hell about that is being a COWBOYS FAN :banana:

Besides being a fan of my least favorite team in the world, you have an awesome looking clean set up man, be proud to show it off!!!!!

(tsk) C'mon, like they haven't punished me enough the last 15 years?!?!?!? :facepalm:

When I get all my Aikman, Emmitt,Romo signed jerseys finally hung, I'll make sure to pm you a sweet pic!!! :baiting:lol

Edited by sufunk

Doesn't look lame to me. Besides, it's not the colour of the curtains that counts, it's the quality of the books and you win on that front. Also, there's nothing wrong with mixing other hobbies into the room, that's what makes it uniquely yours.

So go ahead, hang up your football jerseys and glee memorabilia.

Doesn't look lame to me. Besides, it's not the colour of the curtains that counts, it's the quality of the books and you win on that front. Also, there's nothing wrong with mixing other hobbies into the room, that's what makes it uniquely yours.

So go ahead, hang up your football jerseys and glee memorabilia.

Oh mess!!! Who told you!!! :blush:

lol

I look at it this way. If at all possible, you segregate the sports stuff from the comic stuff. Sports stuff goes in The Man Cave, which will ideally be set up for watching games and standard, non-nerd hanging out.

The Comic Room is NOT a Man Cave, its a Boy Cave. No non-nerds allowed.

Or icky girls.

The wife finally let me start my comic room :) Nothing special. The bookcase holds my ASM run (I have everything from #50 to current). Enjoy!

Oh my glob! An Adventure Time fan are you? My wife and I love that cartoon.

The only thing lame as hell about that is being a COWBOYS FAN :banana:

Besides being a fan of my least favorite team in the world, you have an awesome looking clean set up man, be proud to show it off!!!!!

(tsk) C'mon, like they haven't punished me enough the last 15 years?!?!?!? :facepalm:

When I get all my Aikman, Emmitt,Romo signed jerseys finally hung, I'll make sure to pm you a sweet pic!!! :baiting:lol

You're right, you're right...even being my most hated team, any cool signed memorabilia is still just as I said...cool.

Ok, i did a bunch more cleaning today and finally got this all set up and organized in the right place. Its the one thing i LOVE about my "comic room". When Borders went out of business, my store had 4 of these they were selling but 3 were already sold by the time i got there :sorry: I would have KILLED to get all 4!

It was a map display and i got it for like $37 IIRC. The thing is AWESOME!!! The bottom rows will fit about 200 slabs altogether and the top displays will fit about 125. I love this thing! If i just had even 1 more, id be loving life!

cr5.jpg

Now, i just gotta figure what to do with this mess :facepalm:

cr6.jpg

Its a total nightmare because like 7 of the boxes are filled with fairly HG SA?BA books in mylars. the mylars are a little too big so the tops of the boxes are pushed up by them and i cant put another box on top of them. I dont know what the hell to do other than buy like 600 new mylars that fit and switch them all out but the thought of that is NOT pleasant! :censored:

Edited by sufunk

Ok, i did a bunch more cleaning today and finally got this all set up and organized in the right place. Its the one thing i LOVE about my "comic room". When Borders went out of business, my store had 4 of these they were selling but 3 were already sold by the time i got there :sorry: I would have KILLED to get all 4!

It was a map display and i got it for like $37 IIRC. The thing is AWESOME!!! The bottom rows will fit about 200 slabs altogether and the top displays will fit about 125. I love this thing! If i just had even 1 more, id be loving life!

cr5.jpg

cr6.jpg

Its a total nightmare because like 7 of the boxes are filled with fairly HG SA?BA books in mylars. the mylars are a little too big so the tops of the boxes are pushed up by them and i cant put another box on top of them. I dont know what the hell to do other than buy like 600 new mylars that fit and switch them all out but the thought of that is NOT pleasant! :censored:

Your Borders display case looks VERY nice :applause:

About your mylars - try using CGC boxes that are a little taller than normal - it may help. Just a thought

cr5.jpg

That Borders display is brilliant, wish I had one. :cloud9:

cr5.jpg

cr6.jpg

What would your kids say if they saw that picture frame on the floor like that? Cool room and display indeed.

Edited by HuBu

Here is a pic of my recently redone display. I was tired of all of my books languishing in their long boxes inside a dark cupboard so I decided to get them up and into my bookcase...

comicdisplay.jpg

Top shelf is mostly Silver Marvel with some Bronze. Near complete Silver Surfer V1 collection and lots of Avengers and Daredevil. Underneath that is my modest collection of 11 slabs (hidden behind the Avengers book.) I'm quite new to the graded game so I'm building this collection slowly. Want to get a silver book for one of each of the main Marvel characters to give to my son when he is older

Below the lightsabers is my DC collection. I actually inherited the entire collection from a cousin who passed a few years back. Some wonderful Batman and Superman in there. I added lots of DC 100 pagers as they are my main focus for DC

It's not much, but it's mine and I love it. Really excited to start picking out stuff to read with my son in a few years. I want this to be a collection that's enjoyed by us both in the future