• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Axelrod said:

So, I don't really have a comic "room."  More like a comic "closet," which isn't only for comics (at least yet).

We have a "James Bond" secret closet hidden behind a bookcase (not very hard to spot when you're looking for it.  It's not quite as snug as it used to be).  

IMG_0827.thumb.JPG.40afaafca6ae6f4ae6f7e0c5f966e826.JPG

IMG_0826.thumb.JPG.47ccf9a07df571fc6a1bfd7c92b97327.JPG

Open it, and the inside currently looks like this:

IMG_0830.thumb.JPG.86f37bc73008f98dec281fe827eafe13.JPG

The Thor is a Simonson convention sketch I personally got from him in 1985.  The game boxes are actually all empty (lol).  I've consolidated all my Dominion expansions into two carrying cases. But for some reason I can't bring myself to throw away the empty boxes.  Same for the Clank, Galaxy Trucker, and other expansions.

My very modest slab collection (but with room to expand!)

IMG_0831.thumb.JPG.9c0fdfffe548063c35433174b5c8f342.JPG

Most of these were ones I sent in for the (cancelled) Perez signing.  The others were gifts from the Christmas Exchange here on these boards.

The other side is basically all Magic the Gathering cards.

IMG_0832.thumb.JPG.cd0261da0e122eee4c256261f19eac60.JPG

It's not especially well organized.  I haven't really thought too much about how to better organize things.  

The rest of my comics are actually in a completely different closet for the moment.  

IMG_0829.thumb.JPG.4f1c073ca27d37505900a91e09c8d4fc.JPG

Bonus cat pic!

Nice to hear the Christmas gift exchange is so generous! I'm curious which slab it was lol?

Nice to see the trap door too :)

Nice selection and if you're thinking of more slabs, then more power to you. That's some clean looking rooms, even if you dont think they're "organized" congrats!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nice to hear the Christmas gift exchange is so generous! I'm curious which slab it was lol?

Wasn't one slab, it was three!  The three Thor's on the bottom.  @comicalgems was extremely generous.

I was definitely most stoked about the 9.8 Thor 339 (see: that Simonson sketch).  But I also checked the census on the 9.8 Marvel Spectacular 2 for fun.  Obviously that's not a high-in-demand book, but apparently there have only ever been 7 of them slabbed, and then only 2 in 9.8.

So, now I've got one of the 2 highest graded CGC of that book in existence, which tickles me no end, regardless of value.  

On 6/12/2022 at 2:52 PM, Axelrod said:

Wasn't one slab, it was three!  The three Thor's on the bottom.  @comicalgems was extremely generous.

I was definitely most stoked about the 9.8 Thor 339 (see: that Simonson sketch).  But I also checked the census on the 9.8 Marvel Spectacular 2 for fun.  Obviously that's not a high-in-demand book, but apparently there have only ever been 7 of them slabbed, and then only 2 in 9.8.

So, now I've got one of the 2 highest graded CGC of that book in existence, which tickles me no end, regardless of value.  

Holiday gift giving is one of my favorite things on these boards.  Glad to see they're well loved.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

This is my set up, a sorta workroom, sorta I’m Just Into Comics and Star Wars So There.  You can see a stack of books tilted sideways, which is my “to-do” shelf for that press.  I feel lucky to be able to have a cool place to hang out while being productive.

image.jpg

Nice workspace and displays! (thumbsu

On 6/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

This is my set up, a sorta workroom, sorta collectors hideaway room.  You can see a stack of books tilted sideways, which is my “to-do” shelf for that press.  I feel lucky to be able to have a cool place to hang out while being productive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Star Wars dance party with a Gamorrean Guard doing head spins is the best definition of, "being productive" that I have seen in a very long, long, long time. 

image.gif.9f5e6a610ae8f118f881ac5ea82561bf.gif

On 8/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Ducky13 said:

I was able to pick up the Raphael #1 at Heroes Con back in June, I now have the micro series set that can be displayed with my Funko fabrications

20220803_152242.jpg

Nice!

I don't know anything about these books ... but were they released around the same time and are they considered a set?  The four books are three different sizes and seem to have nothing in common in terms of overall design.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Nice!

I don't know anything about these books ... but were they released around the same time and are they considered a set?  The four books are three different sizes and seem to have nothing in common in terms of overall design.

These are one shots (for each Ninja Turtle). Rapheal was released 1st and is oversized like the few few issues of TMNT. It is also the first appearance of Casey Jones. The stories are not interconnected, but i think most people would consider them a set. Mike, Don and Leo are relatively inexpensive and easy to find. 1st prints released in 1985-86

Edited by Ducky13

On 8/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

I've been obsessed with this geometric bookcase idea for a while now. Both ends were raised to appear one foot taller (7' with the 8' ceiling).

Favorites include The Dark Knight trilogy, Thundercats, misc DC, and Indiana Jones. Sold off all of my 6" figures as they were just too small for these bookcases.

20220821_211845.jpg

Awesome! That it seems that you turned the end 2 opposite to each other is cool, the middle somehow still fits!

On 9/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, Badlands said:

Finally! Bought this old 1970s Incredible Hulk pinball machine (playing surface only) and got it turned in to a cool coffee table. I think it turned out well.

20220902_093029.jpg

20220902_093049.jpg

20220902_093058.jpg

20220902_093119.jpg

kitty-kitty! :x Been a minute since you posted that, not bad at all, looks great! Did they put anything on it to keep rust from spreading or coming back? I like the embellishment of more green and white!!