• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

kitty-kitty! :x Been a minute since you posted that, not bad at all, looks great! Did they put anything on it to keep rust from spreading or coming back? I like the embellishment of more green and white!!

He actually sealed it so I can put drinks on it if I wanted to (but I won't lol). I like the embellishments too; I didn't ask for that but somehow he intuited it.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:52 AM, Badlands said:

He actually sealed it so I can put drinks on it if I wanted to (but I won't lol). I like the embellishments too; I didn't ask for that but somehow he intuited it.

I'm also glad that you put a pic of the chairs for reference on size, it looked short, but on reflection it's about the level of where you'd sit :) 

I feel like I've watched enough restoration shows to appreciate it lol 

On 9/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, Badlands said:

Finally! Bought this old 1970s Incredible Hulk pinball machine (playing surface only) and got it turned in to a cool coffee table. I think it turned out well.

20220902_093029.jpg

20220902_093049.jpg

20220902_093058.jpg

20220902_093119.jpg

Oh man, that's great, I'd forgotten all about this! What a great use for the piece. 

On 9/6/2022 at 3:24 PM, batman_fan said:

They are getting ready to do the baseboards and window sills in the comic room. Doors are up. I am not having do the closet. I want to do it myself. Thinking of doing shelves on drawer slides so I can pull a shelf forward for easy access. 

BB0B88EC-F397-4E18-8851-197EE68C4694.jpeg

34C074BE-723E-4CF8-90B1-A2B991E8005A.jpeg

You bought Bird's place and are already tearing it up?!

On 9/26/2022 at 12:31 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

General question to the group: For your CGC books that are not on display, how do you file/organize them? By age, alphabetically, by character? Love to hear your feedback on this. TYIA!

Alphabetically by publisher.  Which for me is the 99.9% of my collection that's Marvel and the tiny island of misfits.  Within the island of misfits I do have a little section to Groo which is sorted by publishing date.  Which I guess is also alphabetical since Destroyer Duck comes before Groo anyway.  lol

On 9/26/2022 at 1:02 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Alphabetically by publisher.  Which for me is the 99.9% of my collection that's Marvel and the tiny island of misfits.  Within the island of misfits I do have a little section to Groo which is sorted by publishing date.  Which I guess is also alphabetical since Destroyer Duck comes before Groo anyway.  lol

Thanks. So for Fantastic Four (for example), you would file issue #336 from 1990 before or after issue #11 from 2014?

On 10/17/2022 at 8:44 AM, Poekaymon said:

Here's something a little different.  Still working on what will be the full "office" (aka comic/video game/retro/statues room), but here's the retro corner.

IMG_0366.thumb.jpg.6b5df0cdbeecf59303ebce9dc21e264f.jpg

Full, working era-appropriate 1989 gaming rig with midi which I recently put together.  Tried to use every exact part that I had around 1988-1990, though I have zero pictures of anything from those days.  Sort of a different world before cell phone cameras.  Got the entirety of my now-scaled back comic collection (all raw) in the file cabinet.  

And some of my favorite games from the era, though maybe only Copper collectors will recognize them.

IMG_0365.thumb.jpg.ee503c0f5fffd909bdf6d894d5bb1c6e.jpg

Still working on the omnibus/statue display--hopefully Q1 2023.

I love the retro door! :)

On 10/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, LudaToke said:

Here are a few pics from my basement/comic room/office:

PXL_20221018_194044620.jpg

PXL_20221018_194053725.jpg

PXL_20221018_194214519.jpg

PXL_20221018_194255622.jpg

PXL_20221018_194318230.jpg

PXL_20221018_194341974.jpg

PXL_20221018_194414612.jpg

PXL_20221018_194530199.jpg

PXL_20221018_194547059.jpg

PXL_20221018_194558038.jpg

Nice stuff I would be a bit worried about those box on the tiled floored it could be problematic.. I would just elevated those boxes off the floor a little bit… just my suggestion though.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, Krismusic said:

Nice stuff I would be a bit worried about those box on the tiled floored it could be problematic.. I would just elevated those boxes off the floor a little bit… just my suggestion though.

Thanks for the input and suggestion.  In all seriousness though, can you explain the concern a bit more? 

I have been in this house for 6 years now and haven't had any issues with water or moisture.  It is very dry down there.  The flooring itself isn't a traditional laminate or tile, those are solid pieces of marble.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference?  Either way, I appreciate the eagle eye suggestion and if its water/moisture related then I will make sure to elevate or at the very least store modern comics on the bottom to protect the good stuff :roflmao:

On 10/18/2022 at 5:31 PM, LudaToke said:

Thanks for the input and suggestion.  In all seriousness though, can you explain the concern a bit more? 

I have been in this house for 6 years now and haven't had any issues with water or moisture.  It is very dry down there.  The flooring itself isn't a traditional laminate or tile, those are solid pieces of marble.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference?  Either way, I appreciate the eagle eye suggestion and if its water/moisture related then I will make sure to elevate or at the very least store modern comics on the bottom to protect the good stuff :roflmao:

Lol moderns on the bottom…. Yeah the concern is the moisture I mean it’s generally not a crazy amount but the cold tiled floors in general have moisture passing through it more.. also one time the basement gets a sewer back up or a flood hopefully not.. you would be thankful for the cheap plastic 30$ shelf that might save ur books.. also easier for bugs or critters to get inside worst feeling is seeing a bug/pest chew on a high value book…  

also you don’t want to expose your comics to major temp changes keeping them off the floor kinda helps prevent temp changes… 

things to keep in mind when storing comics… temperature, moisture/humidity and keeping away from harmful light sources that had high UV or any UV… 

Edited by Krismusic

On 10/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, LudaToke said:

Just remember that basements can flood.  Failure of a sump pump if you have one, leak through a wall, pipe or a toilet breaking, or unusual weather.  Never keep your best stuff near the floor.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, Gary Strange said:

A five minute quick and an 18 minute long video tour of my comic room.  Watch either/neither.  I don't know.  Whatever.

Dang!