• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, batman_fan said:

We have finally started moving in to our new place.  I hauled up four boxes of liquor (2 more to take up).  My wife kept saying "are you going to have enough room for what you have".

Answer: I need at least 50 more bottles. Shelves will hold 3-4 bottles deep.  I think I have another 20 bottles at home.

IMG_5780.jpg

Ok, this picture seals it.  The next official Colorado Comic Meeting is at your house!

On 4/8/2023 at 7:47 PM, batman_fan said:
On 4/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, mlansdown said:

Ok, this picture seals it.  The next official Colorado Comic Meeting is at your house!

Definitely !

Let me know the date. I am house-trained. Mostly. 

On 4/9/2023 at 12:01 AM, factory sealed said:

I have an absolutely stellar Old Fashioned recipe. 

I go pretty traditional

Elijah Craig or Basil Hayden bourbon, 2+ oz

simple syrup, 1oz

Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries with some of the syrup, 1 cherry

Angostura bitters, two drops

On 4/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, batman_fan said:

I go pretty traditional

Elijah Craig or Basil Hayden bourbon, 2+ oz

simple syrup, 1oz

Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries with some of the syrup, 1 cherry

Angostura bitters, two drops

You have to adjust the exact ration amounts to your personal preference but mine consists of an Italian vanilla syrup (a Fontana or Torani type)  + a better quality organic cinnamon powder. The synergy between these and the bourbon is incredible.

This goes without saying but as far as the actual bourbon I utilize for this concoction, that would be something in the mid range of an Elijah Craiq or Woodford. If I have access to something more top shelf quality, I'll just have that neat. 

BTW is that a 15 year WhistlePig on your third shelf? LMK when you open that. Tomorrow I"m cracking open an older Blanton's single barrel; we'll see how that goes.

Cheers.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:10 AM, factory sealed said:

You have to adjust the exact ration amounts to your personal preference but mine consists of an Italian vanilla syrup (a Fontana or Torani type)  + a better quality organic cinnamon powder. The synergy between these and the bourbon is incredible.

This goes without saying but as far as the actual bourbon I utilize for this concoction, that would be something in the mid range of an Elijah Craiq or Woodford. If I have access to something more top shelf quality, I'll just have that neat. 

BTW is that a 15 year WhistlePig on your third shelf? LMK when you open that. Tomorrow I"m cracking open an older Blanton's single barrel; we'll see how that goes.

Cheers.

yes, it is a 15yr Whistling Pig.  I am still looking for a Pappy and Midwinter Nights Dram to add to the collection.

On 4/9/2023 at 12:10 PM, factory sealed said:

Love Blantons. Don’t use it to mix though unless I need to. BTW: The bar IS part of the comic room. 😁

image.jpeg

Edited by Jayman

On 4/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, Jayman said:

Love Blantons. Don’t use it to mix though unless I need to. BTW: The bar IS part of the comic room. 😁

Awesome and thanks for sharing. Really looking forward to having this tomorrow.

Brilliant idea to have a bar in the comic room :cheers:

On 4/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, batman_fan said:

yes, it is a 15yr Whistling Pig.  I am still looking for a Pappy and Midwinter Nights Dram to add to the collection.

Pappy is absolutely superb and an ideal selection if someone's palate is a preference say for something a tad sweeter and more complex. 

Do you or @Jayman drink Scotch much? I recently and finally managed to crack open an 18 year old single malt Glenmorangie. It was fantastic.  

On 4/9/2023 at 12:50 PM, factory sealed said:

Pappy is absolutely superb and an ideal selection if someone's palate is a preference say for something a tad sweeter and more complex. 

Do you or @Jayman drink Scotch much? I recently and finally managed to crack open an 18 year old single malt Glenmorangie. It was fantastic.  

I like a lot of scotches but not the heavily peated stuff like Laphroaig

On 4/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, factory sealed said:

I currently have a Glenlevit 12 yr that my wife’s coworker gave to me. His reason was that he received it as a gift and he likes only 18 or above! I’m not that picky! 😁

I’ve been more interested in bourbons and tequilas lately. Your old fashioned sounds delicious.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jayman said:

I currently have a Glenlevit 12 yr that my wife’s coworker gave to me. His reason was that he received it as a gift and he likes only 18 or above! I’m not that picky! 😁

I’ve been more interested in bourbons and tequilas lately. Your old fashioned sounds delicious.

I have a mostly full 12yr Glenlevit too.  I honestly can't remember if I liked it.  I think I have 8 or 10 scotches.  I like bourbon the most.