• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2023 at 3:16 AM, Kerdese said:

A little more updating and upgrading of books. Annoys me that I think about this stuff more than I should. :screwy: lol

EC17A1FD-3E88-474A-8BC8-D828190C2D55.jpeg

Nice set up!  I apologize if this has been asked before... what are you using to hang up your slabs like that?

On 2/19/2023 at 12:10 PM, lizards2 said:

Hey - we just bought a table top for the comic room - I was just going to put wire shelves underneath for storage, but this may be a better option - do you have a source of supply for those electric legs?

image.jpeg.d25886eff6e2c87e60d3cbbce5970e77.jpeg

image.jpeg.97e4910e226fe4ab6a00f8d5e3261cce.jpeg

Amazon has a decent selection at a reasonable price.  Just make sure to get a dual motor.  I may have to use fixed legs because my top is about 300lbs.

On 2/19/2023 at 4:59 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Nice set up!  I apologize if this has been asked before... what are you using to hang up your slabs like that?

Can’t remember how I found these, but they work perfect. You can even use them to put your books on shelves, which is what you see in my display case. 

87360E29-DFD2-46B6-BB6E-84FD4BCDCC10.jpeg

On 2/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, batman_fan said:
On 2/19/2023 at 11:10 AM, lizards2 said:

Hey - we just bought a table top for the comic room - I was just going to put wire shelves underneath for storage, but this may be a better option - do you have a source of supply for those electric legs?

image.jpeg.d25886eff6e2c87e60d3cbbce5970e77.jpeg

image.jpeg.97e4910e226fe4ab6a00f8d5e3261cce.jpeg

Expand  

Amazon has a decent selection at a reasonable price.  Just make sure to get a dual motor.  I may have to use fixed legs because my top is about 300lbs.

Cool - I wanna say mine is only 35-40 lbs.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:01 PM, batman_fan said:

Check out Blacktail Studio on YouTube.  He's a table/furniture maker that does incredible work, and recently made a sit/stand desk similar to what you're looking to do.  When he demonstrates the lift mechanism towards the end of the video (at around the 23:20 mark) he mentions that the Flexispot base he used is rated for up to 355 lbs.  Looks like he used their E7 T-Frame here, which is good for desks from 47.2" to 80" in width ......but, unfortunately, it's pretty pricey.

I couldn't afford his stuff, but his videos are still interesting to watch.  Here's his video on making the lift desk.  I've queued it up to where he starts talking about and installing the lift base on the desk.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 2/19/2023 at 9:34 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Check out Blacktail Studio on YouTube.  He's a table/furniture maker that does incredible work, and recently made a sit/stand desk similar to what you're looking to do.  When he demonstrates the lift mechanism towards the end of the video (at around the 23:20 mark) he mentions that the Flexispot base he used is rated for up to 355 lbs.  Looks like he used their E7 T-Frame here, which is good for desks from 47.2" to 80" in width ......but, unfortunately, it's pretty pricey.

I couldn't afford his stuff, but his videos are still interesting to watch.  Here's his video on making the lift desk.  I've queued it up to where he starts talking about and installing the lift base on the desk.

He is one of my follows on YouTube.  He is really good about disclosing how he does everything.

On 2/19/2023 at 6:10 PM, Kerdese said:

Here are some better photos.

84AB8D99-5720-42B6-8A76-ACB2C2C0EE58.jpeg

475966B3-9E5C-4F64-B70D-4FDA0EDC3FD3.jpeg

They're great. I have some that I've been using for nearly 10 years, and have never had a problem with them. Occasionally you'll need to tighten up your set screws, as gravity will pull the two ends apart, but it's not a big deal.

On 2/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, F For Fake said:

They're great. I have some that I've been using for nearly 10 years, and have never had a problem with them. Occasionally you'll need to tighten up your set screws, as gravity will pull the two ends apart, but it's not a big deal.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:03 PM, rexinnih said:

I also use them for those I display on the shelf. Haven't done the wall hanging but maybe some day. 

Sweet! My main issue is space! It's almost like it's a final frontier or something lol

On 2/20/2023 at 9:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I haven't posted pics as of late, and for the same reason, gently trying to straighten it up and out!

I only said what I said because after about 2 or 3 shipments, my home office ends up looking like that.  About the best part is when it's clean again... for a few days, anyway.  Well, that and the tons of glorious bubble wrap I save up to pop to release stress or just to pop it for fun.  Yeah, I'm odd like that. :D

Edited by Telegan