• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2023 at 10:42 AM, Robot Man said:

Very nice! Will look so pretty all filled up. A rack like that will display other paper collectibles other than just comics as well.

Looks similar to my branded 1950’s rack which I use for all kinds of stuff. 

IMG_0040.jpeg

Yours is awesome 💯! The LCS mentioned using the one I got for 20 years, seems it isn't that old, and or, a fairly simple set up with modern screws and fasteners :)

Still for free it's not bad, I posted a pic with it set up and some books in it, I've slowly filled it. And thanks 🙏

On 5/24/2023 at 8:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yours is awesome 💯! The LCS mentioned using the one I got for 20 years, seems it isn't that old, and or, a fairly simple set up with modern screws and fasteners :)

Still for free it's not bad, I posted a pic with it set up and some books in it, I've slowly filled it. And thanks 🙏

I got mine at the Rose Bowl flea market. I had to wait in a guy’s booth for over an hour until he came back from shopping. I just knew if I left, it would have been gone. So glad I waited! 

On 5/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, southern cross said:

Not a room, just a spinner rack that's not vintage and is new. Stacked with my birthday books raw and how they would have looked on a spinner rack back in the day. Still hunting books I need and buying copies of books I've already gotten to give it that original look.

Screenshot_20230524-091803.thumb.png.2635070e3158b342f180b6f813c651b4.png

This is exactly the time period of books and type of rack that I first bought comics off as a child in the 70s.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, southern cross said:

Not a room, just a spinner rack that's not vintage and is new. Stacked with my birthday books raw and how they would of looked on a spinner rack back in the day. Still hunting books I need and buying copies of books I've already gotten to give it that original look.

That little corner area looks like a prime spot for it!

On 5/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, southern cross said:

Not a room, just a spinner rack that's not vintage and is new. Stacked with my birthday books raw and how they would have rye looked on a spinner rack back in the day. Still hunting books I need and buying copies of books I've already gotten to give it that original look.

Where did you get these modern repops from? 

On 5/28/2023 at 8:04 AM, Krismusic said:

Where did you get these modern repops from? 

If you're asking about the new spinner rack. I got it through my lcs. They got it through Diamond distribution. Diamond doesn't have it in stock though they get it in from someone else when ordered. It cost me about $260 and my lcs let me buy it at their cost price which was nice of them. 👍

On 5/28/2023 at 10:44 AM, AceHazard said:

Added a new shelving unit. I think it fits in pretty well. 

IMG_7077.jpeg

Very organised!

On 5/28/2023 at 3:13 PM, piper said:

Very organised!

Yeah. When you’ve got that many books you have to keep it organized somehow.  And for me doing the organizing, boxing, and labeling is almost as much fun as finding and reading the comics. 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:44 PM, southern cross said:

If you're asking about the new spinner rack. I got it through my lcs. They got it through Diamond distribution. Diamond doesn't have it in stock though they get it in from someone else when ordered. It cost me about $260 and my lcs let me buy it at their cost price which was nice of them. 👍

Yeah I was asking about the spinner. Nice grab! Maybe I’ll talk to my LCS and let them keep any eye out for me.