• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,304 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2023 at 11:24 PM, Eclipse said:

I posted this a few years ago, but this is the comic cabinet i built. Holds 25 long boxes or 50 short boxes. Made of solid 1" birch sides, 5/4" cleats and 3/4" reinforced shelves. The paneled doors lock and are keyed so you can lock it up. I am moving and will be selling this in August once i transfer my comics to my new home. The cabinet is all screwed together and is easy to assemble and disassemble and can fit in a van or pickup truck (I carried and put the whole thing together by myself). I am asking for $750 or best offer, and i live right by Metlife Stadium in NJ, just outside of NYC. Message me if interested.

box 1.jpeg

box 2.jpeg

box 3.jpeg

box 4.jpeg

box 5.jpeg

box 6.jpeg

No one is interested in this? I posted it years ago and everyone loved it. Where else should i post this, it is really great cabinet to store comic boxes. I built it myself.

I'd list it on NYC CraigsList and offer free delivery. That might get some interest. Then get the heck out of there.

A large piece of furniture in a dense urban area is a tough sell, IMO.  Tempt them with free delivery.

My kid went to school in Jersey and I used to fly into Newark and take the train.  Jesus. When I'm in your area I can feel the density with my eyes closed.  It is oppressive.

In the urban parts of NJ I can't even find an AirBnB where I can park a car off the street.  Because every square foot around there is full. The house is on a tiny patch with no garage.  It is oppressive and weird.  Hopefully you are moving away from the sardine can. 

On 6/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, Eclipse said:

I posted this a few years ago, but this is the comic cabinet i built. Holds 25 long boxes or 50 short boxes. Made of solid 1" birch sides, 5/4" cleats and 3/4" reinforced shelves. The paneled doors lock and are keyed so you can lock it up. I am moving and will be selling this in August once i transfer my comics to my new home. The cabinet is all screwed together and is easy to assemble and disassemble and can fit in a van or pickup truck (I carried and put the whole thing together by myself). I am asking for $750 or best offer, and i live right by Metlife Stadium in NJ, just outside of NYC. Message me if interested.

box 1.jpeg

box 2.jpeg

box 3.jpeg

box 4.jpeg

box 5.jpeg

box 6.jpeg

The piano hinges are a great touch! Nicely built! I wish I lived in the area I am almost interested in it :) Best of luck selling it!

On 6/17/2023 at 6:54 PM, Turnando said:

My kid went to school in Jersey and I used to fly into Newark and take the train.  Jesus. When I'm in your area I can feel the density with my eyes closed.  It is oppressive.

In the urban parts of NJ I can't even find an AirBnB where I can park a car off the street.  Because every square foot around there is full. The house is on a tiny patch with no garage.  It is oppressive and weird.  Hopefully you are moving away from the sardine can. 

Glad you specified "urban parts of NJ."  I used to think the state as a whole was like that.  I grew up in California and the only thing I knew about New Jersey was the Sopranos opener, where he drives from NYC into NJ and goes down towards Newark and circles around a bit and I thought "Garden State" was some kind of joke like the way reversed the names on Greenland and Iceland--New Jersey looked like one grimy concrete urban sprawl hellscape (accurate as to Newark).  Then when I had to relocate to the NYC area about 10 years ago for work and started looking at suburbs like Long Island and New Jersey, I realized that as soon as you get a bit west of the Newark/Elizabeth areas (or get far enough south along the coast) it is some of the most beautiful suburban land anywhere.   And I've never encountered a Soprano. 

On 6/17/2023 at 6:54 PM, Turnando said:

I'd list it on NYC CraigsList and offer free delivery. That might get some interest. Then get the heck out of there.

A large piece of furniture in a dense urban area is a tough sell, IMO.  Tempt them with free delivery.

You've been going to the wrong parts of Jersey. Don't judge it by wherever your talking about because i wouldnt want to live there either.

On 6/16/2023 at 7:45 PM, Eclipse said:

No one is interested in this? I posted it years ago and everyone loved it. Where else should i post this, it is really great cabinet to store comic boxes. I built it myself.

$750 US for what is basically used furniture for a very niche item seems really high....I think you need to cut the price down by 50-80%.

On 6/13/2023 at 11:24 PM, Eclipse said:

I posted this a few years ago, but this is the comic cabinet i built. Holds 25 long boxes or 50 short boxes. Made of solid 1" birch sides, 5/4" cleats and 3/4" reinforced shelves. The paneled doors lock and are keyed so you can lock it up. I am moving and will be selling this in August once i transfer my comics to my new home. The cabinet is all screwed together and is easy to assemble and disassemble and can fit in a van or pickup truck (I carried and put the whole thing together by myself). I am asking FREE, and i live right by Metlife Stadium in NJ, just outside of NYC. Message me if interested.

box 1.jpeg

box 2.jpeg

box 3.jpeg

box 4.jpeg

box 5.jpeg

box 6.jpeg

So i've changed my mind about this (too much other stuff going on with my house sale) and i am giving this away now(comics not included..lol). It fully dissasembles, its all screwed together, you just need 2 guys and a pickup truck. Probably available the 2nd week of august after i move the comic boxes out. Message me if interested

On 6/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, lostboys said:

20230620_222020.jpg

20230620_230853.jpg

20230620_230348.jpg

20230620_221542.jpg

20230620_221609.jpg

20230620_231617.jpg

Love the setup!

Something I read on this forum many years ago was that some people worry about leaving slabs flat like that for fear of gravity over time causing the inner well to bow inside the slab, slowly causing a bend in the book.  Ever since reading that thread, I make sure all my books are stored on-end (not flat).  So my questions:

• Do you have any concern leaving your books flat like that?
  • Does anyone know if there's any validity to the claim that leaving slabs flat for extended periods of time can cause bending in a book?

Great setup, though.  I really like it!