• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

this came in the mail today with some other pulps. 58630-FantasticAdventures-March1942.jpg

Fantastic looking pulps. (Pun intended.) (:

They appear to be in especially nice shape. :applause:

I'm curious what your opinion will be of the Burroughs story. I read it when I was about 10 or 11. I don't think it was one of my favorites. :gossip:

Other pulps in the lot I wasn't really interested in but this cover is okay and the book has a Paul back-cover that I'll go ahead and share. Is that illo a reprint from an earlier cover by Paul? It looks pretty familiar ... 58631-FantasticAdventures-May1946.jpg58632-FantasticAdventures-May1946-BC.jpg

Gorgeous front cover. :applause:

I don't recognize the Paul back cover. If it's a reprint I'd love to know where it originally

was published.

Slam Bradley again?

No.

Here's another few panels of the story.

quiz31_2.jpg

Hint: The strip was published for 11 consecutive months (seven appearances were in one comic book and the final four were in another title.)

Does anyone recognize the hero?

quiz31_1.jpg

quiz31_2.jpg

Hint: The strip was published for 11 consecutive months (seven appearances were in one comic book and the final four were in another title.)

From earlier in the story...

quiz31_3.jpg

quiz31_4.jpg

Hint: The series ran from March 1940-January 1941

Good Work Scrooge!! Either you don't sleep or you are visiting the west coast. I missed that quiz entirely (sleeping) but it looks like I wouldn't have got the answer from the first two clues. I would like to get a couple of Slam Bang issues but all I have found is a few bad Fiche scans.

bb

King of the Jungle in Slam Bang Comics. Very interesting strip. I really like the talking lion (thumbs u

Edit: the panels above seem to be from issue # 6

^^

Congratulations, Scrooge.

orange.gifgreenapple.gifnot_ripe.gif

Slam Bradley again?

No.

quiz31_2.jpg

I think everyone here noticed her sensitive feelers.

Good win, Scrooge!

Jack