• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest comics and white whales - What are they?

188 posts in this topic

The Micronauts #1 is a whitman, the Marvel Spotlight #4 and the Defenders #77 are early direct market editions.

This thread is great, but I would like to see a seperate list for common books that are rare in high grade (like Hulk #202)

I've never seen or heard of anyone having seen Archie's Official Boy Scout Outfitter listed in the guide. I don't believe the Pat the Brat nn listed in the guide even exist.

I've got the only copy of Archie & His Gang from 1950 I've ever seen offered. Other Archie collectors I know have never seen or heard of it.

Has anyone ever seen the Archie Drugstore Give-away, supposed to be Archie's Joke Book #39 with a new cover?

I've seen plenty of alleged rare Archies turn up many time on ebay. Archie's Mechanics #1-3, Archie Annual #1, Little Archie #1, Jughead's Folly #1 all very rare in higher grades but can be had in in lower grades.

I would love to find better copies of Archie and friends vs the household toxic wastes from 1993 and Archie and his friends help raise literary awareness in Missippi from 1994, mine are both low grade and the only copies I've seen offered (and I've been watching ebay for nearly nine years)

thats my nickle (you gotta give more than two cents these days)

Charlton?

I have a US copy of this, it's Nature Boy #3. The first two issues were another title so #3 is really #1 as far as Nature Boy is concerned. Anyway, the US printing is a Charlton and it's a regular size comic. The one in the previous scan looks British or Australian. I'll bet it's uncommon.