• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs. PGX

269 posts in this topic

Trimming gets a purple label, but does not get a restoration designation (SA, MP, and such) as it takes away something that was originally part of the book. It just states "apparent" on the label and where the comic book was trimmed.

Erasure is treated as a defect.

And how would you know..ooh wait...Nevermind

flowerred.gif

Thanks Stevo

Trimming gets a purple label, but does not get a restoration designation (SA, MP, and such) as it takes away something that was originally part of the book. It just states "apparent" on the label and where the comic book was trimmed.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that. If trimming doesn't warrant a PLOD, I can't imagine what would.

Thanks Steve. flowerred.gif

The pressure that is applied to the well and comic when sealing these seams is obviously decent amount of pressure which can be seen by the warping affect once the top was cut off.

That appears to be pretty significant warping - thanks. wink.gif

Wow, I'm glad to hear that. If trimming doesn't warrant a PLOD, I can't imagine what would.

If I am not mistaken, at one time, books that were trimmed ONLY got the Green label with the trimming notation. The rationale was that CGC did not want to PLOD it because they didn't want to associate trimming with "restoration."

From Steve's comments above, I take it the Green label policy has changed.

The pressure that is applied to the well and comic when sealing these seams is obviously decent amount of pressure which can be seen by the warping affect once the top was cut off.

That appears to be pretty significant warping - thanks. wink.gif

No problemo!

iron.jpg

If I am not mistaken, at one time, books that were trimmed ONLY got the Green label with the trimming notation. The rationale was that CGC did not want to PLOD it because they didn't want to associate trimming with "restoration."

Never got the GL. Staples replaced and staples cleaned get the GL.

What constitutes staples "cleaned"? And how is this evident? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What constitutes staples "cleaned"? And how is this evident? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand Grasshopper, you will then be worthy to learn the secret of staple cleaning detection.......

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand Grasshopper, you will then be worthy to learn the secret of staple cleaning detection.......

27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif consider it "snatched". wink.gif

Thank you,

and I must say, I am going to Chicago. Meeting up with the rest of the Timely geeks, so I will take you up on the Beer, and buy you one as well.

Paul

OH! So now it is the "Timely Geeks" you are meeting with in Chicago. I thought I was the one who invited you........... frown.gifpoke2.gif

"Church and Larson to me are the only true pedigree's"

Mathman-

I appreciate all comments made about our company as long as they are for a positive change (oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, I like positive comments about the things CGC has also already done wink.gif)

This statement you made about Pedigrees, really made me scratch my head.

Have you ever seen or owned a few S.F's, Penn copies, or even a Rockford? If not, you should try and check out some of them. All of these are considered pedigrees, by even some of the most vocal anti-pedigree hobbyists (The kind who believe that Pacific Coasts should not be a pedigree screwy.gif). Many examples of these books blow away many of the Larsons. I am not knocking the Larsons (I like them quite a bit!), but I have owned and seen thousands of examples from all five of these (and many other pedigrees), and I do not believe the Larsons would make it on the list if I could only choose 2 (or even 3)collections to call pedigrees just based on condition and depth alone. Granted, many of the rockfords have a lower PQ than many of the Larsons, but no where near the foxing, dirt, and writing on them. Jon Berk ( jbcomicbox on these boards) loves Larsons (And rightly so! ), he can tell you a great deal more than I about them

I hope this helps thumbsup2.gif

Have a great day!

-Steve

Steve I have never owned or held a S.F. (Tom Reilly) book. Until I do I believe them to be inferior books. Also I've never held a Mile High, Penn, or Rockford. Please send a comic from each pedigree to my P.O. Box, so I may make comparisons between the different pedigrees.

Thanks!

Thank you,

and I must say, I am going to Chicago. Meeting up with the rest of the Timely geeks, so I will take you up on the Beer, and buy you one as well.

Paul

OH! So now it is the "Timely Geeks" you are meeting with in Chicago. I thought I was the one who invited you........... frown.gifpoke2.gif

Bill,

I most Definately include you in with the Timely Geeks, a Cap 1 is a automatic birth in the club, Dude you are on the list, whether not you have accepted the fact you are no longer a DC guy or not. flowerred.gif

311RockFan: Wow, you made that shill pretty quickly. Can we see another shot of your Red Raven 1 Mathman? 27_laughing.gif

you know, I was thinking the same thing...if you saw mathman's comic room, he says he has some more boxes on the other side of the room, and if you look at 311rockfan's room, you will notice "the other side" of the room (same walls, carpet, the "kiss" comics, etc)

I was fairly sure, but obviously I agree with October (have you twisted win's arm on the whiz 17 yet?

gator

311RockFan: Wow, you made that shill pretty quickly. Can we see another shot of your Red Raven 1 Mathman? 27_laughing.gif

you know, I was thinking the same thing...if you saw mathman's comic room, he says he has some more boxes on the other side of the room, and if you look at 311rockfan's room, you will notice "the other side" of the room (same walls, carpet, the "kiss" comics, etc)

I was fairly sure, but obviously I agree with October (have you twisted win's arm on the whiz 17 yet?

gator

Win has been really busy lately. I have only talked to him one in the last few weeks....and that was only for a minute.

I will mention it to him though. grin.gif

gator

Win has been really busy lately. I have only talked to him one in the last few weeks....and that was only for a minute.

I will mention it to him though. grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif