• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs. PGX

269 posts in this topic

also if you look at the JIM 89 for sale by 311rockfan (originally on the sale forum..now on ebay)..the ebay id is: mathcomicsguru

ebay

He just changed it from kisscomicsguru too. If you check the name history on ebay it was changed on the 14th. Still don't see a Red Raven 1 being purchased under that name. But there are some other keys like a CGC 8.5 Qualified TOD 1 and Batman 252 CGC 3.0. Yup those look like books that would be bought by someone who just picked up a Red Raven 1.

Thank you,

and I must say, I am going to Chicago. Meeting up with the rest of the Timely geeks, so I will take you up on the Beer, and buy you one as well.

Paul

OH! So now it is the "Timely Geeks" you are meeting with in Chicago. I thought I was the one who invited you........... frown.gifpoke2.gif

Bill,

I most Definately include you in with the Timely Geeks, a Cap 1 is a automatic birth in the club, Dude you are on the list, whether not you have accepted the fact you are no longer a DC guy or not. flowerred.gif

OK, you are forgiven..... wink.gifflowerred.gif

also if you look at the JIM 89 for sale by 311rockfan (originally on the sale forum..now on ebay)..the ebay id is: mathcomicsguru

ebay

He just changed it from kisscomicsguru too. If you check the name history on ebay it was changed on the 14th. Still don't see a Red Raven 1 being purchased under that name. But there are some other keys like a CGC 8.5 Qualified TOD 1 and Batman 252 CGC 3.0. Yup those look like books that would be bought by someone who just picked up a Red Raven 1.

I remember his first or one of his first posts read looking for a JIM 89 in VF. Then showed a link to maybe Metro? and a 9.2....stating he might pull the trigger on that high grade issue...Looks like a 5.0 was more in line with budget...I believe the Mathman was better at adding up the books he didn't own, he also had mentioned how much he liked 311 and the misfits, so we might have some future look into his next identity. The guy should re-up his origional name, say he is sorry and own up to his shilling arse, and stop trying to impress. Either that or stay off the boards, and concentrate impressing the local comic shop crowd, but my guess is they are tired of his shizzel already, and thats why he's looking for another venue to brag about books he doesn't own. confused.gif

CGC is like having a hot dog with mustard.

PGX is like having a hot dog with ketchup and mustard boo.gif

gossip.gifWe all know ketchup has no business being on a hot dog

Well, young ones like ketchup on their dogs, and moderns too. So I guess PGX does serve a purpose.

tongue.gif

And it should be mentioned many people feel the PGX holder is superior to CGC's.

YIKES!

Last night the CGC baby LOADED her hot dog with Ketchup.

It in fact, became more ketchup than hot dog, as the dog vanished in a mountain of red.

I think she's turning to the dark side.

STEVE! I NEED AN INTERVENTION!

ebay

AWWW CRUMBS!!!! tonofbricks.gif

I was watching that auction too... foreheadslap.gif

Love that cover pose thumbsup2.gif

"Church and Larson to me are the only true pedigree's"

Mathman-

I appreciate all comments made about our company as long as they are for a positive change (oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, I like positive comments about the things CGC has also already done wink.gif)

This statement you made about Pedigrees, really made me scratch my head.

Have you ever seen or owned a few S.F's, Penn copies, or even a Rockford? If not, you should try and check out some of them. All of these are considered pedigrees, by even some of the most vocal anti-pedigree hobbyists (The kind who believe that Pacific Coasts should not be a pedigree screwy.gif). Many examples of these books blow away many of the Larsons. I am not knocking the Larsons (I like them quite a bit!), but I have owned and seen thousands of examples from all five of these (and many other pedigrees), and I do not believe the Larsons would make it on the list if I could only choose 2 (or even 3)collections to call pedigrees just based on condition and depth alone. Granted, many of the rockfords have a lower PQ than many of the Larsons, but no where near the foxing, dirt, and writing on them. Jon Berk ( jbcomicbox on these boards) loves Larsons (And rightly so! ), he can tell you a great deal more than I about them

I hope this helps thumbsup2.gif

Have a great day!

-Steve

Steve I have never owned or held a S.F. (Tom Reilly) book. Until I do I believe them to be inferior books. Also I've never held a Mile High, Penn, or Rockford. Please send a comic from each pedigree to my P.O. Box, so I may make comparisons between the different pedigrees.

Thanks!

I don't own any vintage comics anymore or I would gladly send them to you. If you come across any of the ones I used to own (heck, I think Zaid has some), please tell the current owner that I said it was ok for you to have them.

CGC is like having a hot dog with mustard.

PGX is like having a hot dog with ketchup and mustard boo.gif

gossip.gifWe all know ketchup has no business being on a hot dog

Well, young ones like ketchup on their dogs, and moderns too. So I guess PGX does serve a purpose.

tongue.gif

And it should be mentioned many people feel the PGX holder is superior to CGC's.

YIKES!

Last night the CGC baby LOADED her hot dog with Ketchup.

It in fact, became more ketchup than hot dog, as the dog vanished in a mountain of red.

I think she's turning to the dark side.

STEVE! I NEED AN INTERVENTION!

She is waaaaaay too cool to ever turn. Kids will be kids and when she is a little older, she will never put ketchup on her hot dog headbang.gif

Steve I have never owned or held a S.F. (Tom Reilly) book. Until I do I believe them to be inferior books. Also I've never held a Mile High, Penn, or Rockford. Please send a comic from each pedigree to my P.O. Box, so I may make comparisons between the different pedigrees.

Thanks!

I don't own any vintage comics anymore or I would gladly send them to you. If you come across any of the ones I used to own (heck, I think Zaid has some), please tell the current owner that I said it was ok for you to have them.

I wouldn't mind a comic or 2?

gator

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind a comic or 2?

gator

O.K.

You can have some of my old books as well, just ask, I am sure that the new owners will be happy to give them to you thumbsup2.gif

Anyone else? I am really enjoying giving away my old comics now that I no longer own them! grin.gif

Fedoraman... you took the avatar photo yourself holding a camera in your outstretched hand. Admit it. poke2.gif

How many attampts did it take to get it right? poke2.gifpoke2.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah, the wife is too embarassed to take pics of me in my Indy-gear... insane.gif

I like this one best but it looks crappy when you shrink it to avatar size:

GladhatterForumSmall.jpg

Yeah, the wife is too embarrassed to take pics of me in my Indy-gear... insane.gif

Isn't that our mission in life? To embarrass our wives?

cloud9.gif

It was part of my vows. I thought it was normal to do so.

Will you Kenny promise to embarrass Greta every day as long as you both shall live and always find new ways to show the world what a nerd you are?

I do.

insane.gif

I like that one too! cool.gif . . . but hey, what do I know insane.gif

Fedoraman... you took the avatar photo yourself holding a camera in your outstretched hand. Admit it. poke2.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah, the wife is too embarassed to take pics of me in my Indy-gear... insane.gif

GladhatterForumSmall.jpg

Thank you,

and I must say, I am going to Chicago. Meeting up with the rest of the Timely geeks, so I will take you up on the Beer, and buy you one as well.

Paul

OH! So now it is the "Timely Geeks" you are meeting with in Chicago. I thought I was the one who invited you........... frown.gifpoke2.gif

Can I be a Timely geek? cloud9.gif

West

Thank you,

Paul

Can I be a Timely geek? cloud9.gif

West

I believe that you would qualify as a Timely geek West! Cap 1 auto qualifies you in the club.

thumbsup2.gif

Paul

tongue.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//1851758-fedoraman.jpg

1851758-fedoraman.jpg

1851758-fedoraman.jpg.8d7078fba1aed0b3fc0e01aa0eb34e4f.jpg