• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my last, last i tell you, attempted transaction with metropolis

379 posts in this topic

I should mention that wherever I travel, I'm able to check these boards if I'm so inclined.Does Vegas have internet?

If I were in Vegas the last thing on my mind would be these boards. The first two? Hookers and the Blackjack table! crazy.gif

Hookers and Blackjack! cloud9.gif

I should mention that wherever I travel, I'm able to check these boards if I'm so inclined.Does Vegas have internet?

The last time I was in Vegas I stayed at the Paris hotel. I believe they wanted $10/hr to use the internet in the business office. One would need to own a rather large comic collection to pay that kind of money.

The last time I was in Vegas I stayed at the Paris hotel. I believe they wanted $10/hr to use the internet in the business office. One would need to own a rather large comic collection to pay that kind of money.

sign-funnypost.gif

If I were in Vegas the last thing on my mind would be these boards. The first two? Hookers and the Blackjack table! crazy.gif

You have to flip that order....Blackjack then Hookers!!! grin.gif

That was my order last time I was there, I was doing so well at Blackjack I didn't leave the table until it was time to head to the airport...

So, next time I reverse the order! yay.gif

I didn't know that... so much for my smart alecky comment. That happens everytime I try to be clever.

That was my order last time I was there, I was doing so well at Blackjack I didn't leave the table until it was time to head to the airport...

Come on now! You should know better than to mess with hookers. You guys must be joking, right?

Fly right and stick with Bi-Sexual party girls!

in agreement with everything but the 'evil empire' blast--excellent post. [see, no personal shot].

gossip.gif I'm fairly certain that the Evil Empire notation was made tongue firmly in cheek since if Heritage was an Evil Empire as mentioned many times on here, why would they continue to offer the extensive auctions archives they do. Tim was in fact mocking those that think Heritage is Evil. This makes you guys 100% in agreement 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif Before I apparently became known as a Metro apologist, I was first and foremost known on these Boards as a Heritage apologist. tonofbricks.gif

Come on now! You should know better than to mess with hookers. You guys must be joking, right?

Fly right and stick with Bi-Sexual party girls!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I find it noteworthy that

A) Metropolis has not responded to Bedrock's last post about his two apparently undisclosed restored books,

and

B) the inference I see that Richard has already mentioned this to Metropolis, not to his satisfaction.

My post was the first Metro heard of it. Rather than get into the multitude of reasons why and continue this on the boards, I am waiting for some phone calls to be made, some loud frank discussion, and then getting back to bidness as usual.

After reading this novel of a thread in its entirety for the first time, why am I left with the feeling that the quote below sums it up quite well. Just replace "Fool" with " Please" , "Deal with", "Put Up with", or "Buy from" depending on your perspective.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Ze-

After reading this novel of a thread in its entirety for the first time, why am I left with the feeling that the quote below sums it up quite well. Just replace "Fool" with " Please" , "Deal with", "Put Up with", or "Buy from" depending on your perspective.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Ze-

I'm just getting caught up as well and feel the same way. And, thanks to SB for clearing up CGCs position.

back when they used to sell mid-grade SA by the pound on ebay (presumably to get rid of clutter around the gallery) I actually got some nice deals out of them, but I haven't looked in a while.

The pricing model seems to be if it's somewhat hard to find, price it through the roof, if it's common, don't, which is I guess is better than MHC, which is to price everything through the roof 3X OPG and then offer 50% off. They've been doing this for a while, trying to build up the best inventory on the HTF stuff and charging whatever they can. And they haven't gone out of business.

I'm still small potatos, but I would think I am not the type of customer any dealer wants to scare off.

---------------------------------------

Nothing to do with Metro, but I once went to one of the Big Apple shows on my way home from work on a Friday....there was about 30-40 minutes left at the show, I had $1000 in my pocket to spend...but cheapskate that I am I figured with only 30 minutes left, are they really going to try and charge me admission?

The guy wouldn't let me in, insisted I pay full admission for 30-40 minutes. I showed him my $1000 and told him those dealers paid good money for their tables and they're getting denied my $1000 (I had commitments on Saturday and couldn't attend)... he didn't care.

Sometimes I think guys in the comic biz are penny wise and pound foolish. Particularly cuz I might have dropped some of that money at Neatstuff's table anyway, as I am sometimes prone to do.

in agreement with everything but the 'evil empire' blast--excellent post. [see, no personal shot].

gossip.gif I'm fairly certain that the Evil Empire notation was made tongue firmly in cheek since if Heritage was an Evil Empire as mentioned many times on here, why would they continue to offer the extensive auctions archives they do. Tim was in fact mocking those that think Heritage is Evil. This makes you guys 100% in agreement 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif Before I apparently became known as a Metro apologist, I was first and foremost known on these Boards as a Heritage apologist. tonofbricks.gif

And a CGC apologist. poke2.gifgrin.gif

I am waiting for some phone calls to be made, some loud frank discussion....

don't let them make it all about Frank; i'm sure he was just following orders.

I seem to recall tha Metropolis was selling a very high grade run of raw Batman's about 6 months ago (Do I remember correctly?). Was The Bat 5 one of the books frm the run? If there is any linkage I wonder how the other books graded?

I find it noteworthy that

A) Metropolis has not responded to Bedrock's last post about his two apparently undisclosed restored books,

and

B) the inference I see that Richard has already mentioned this to Metropolis, not to his satisfaction.

My post was the first Metro heard of it. Rather than get into the multitude of reasons why and continue this on the boards, I am waiting for some phone calls to be made, some loud frank discussion, and then getting back to bidness as usual.

then may I be the first to say,

"bad form, Richard".

(but I love Bedrock. Had a great time in your stores, all four of them, about three years ago on a trip to Texas)