• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, JimButlerGA said:

My WWII cover contributions. I meant to buy Top Notch 3 in Saturday’s HA auction, but mistakenly bid on and won 5 instead! 🤨 I told Rick to just keep it and put it in a weekend auction. #3 is a tougher book, and went for less! If you have the 3 and want to talk trade, hmu. I hate that I missed it! I want 2 and 4 too!

The 27 was an eBay pickup. It’s a tough book to find.

EF947E4F-6031-40EA-9F31-8E4EC89F2AF8.jpeg

You are correct about TN #3 being the tougher book; it's one of the toughest of the early issues.  I was also surprised it went for as little as it did.  Probably because of the unusually dark sun shadowing on the front cover.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:15 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

This Pep requires little introduction as it’s one of the top WWII covers of all time imo. The Mile High just fetched 90K!! Wowza

35BBC292-5DBD-40CB-B049-A725F707EDCA.jpeg

:golfclap:what a show Gino! Man, so many great books , tough to decide which one to quote.

This one is now in the territory of Cap 36. Always thought this one was a stand out amongst standouts. Great buy when you did (thumbsu

On 9/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, sagii said:

:golfclap:what a show Gino! Man, so many great books , tough to decide which one to quote.

This one is now in the territory of Cap 36. Always thought this one was a stand out amongst standouts. Great buy when you did (thumbsu

thanks Corey I appreciate that brother!!! 

Great show, Gino!  :applause: I'm not surprised your PM box is blowing up. Please keep me in mind if you let go of any more Blue Ribbons... those have been my (stalled) quest this year.

@gino2paulus2 Wow Gino, those are some AWESOME books you've got there!!! Some of THE most classic cover MLJs!!! Those ARE on fire right now and you've got the goods, so hold on tight or get treated right if ya let 'em go!  (thumbsu  Once again, GREAT stack!!!