• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,914 posts in this topic

I have two stuffed long boxes of DC books from 1948 - the early '70's.

All of these books are DC's Sci-Fi/Horror titles, with lots of pre-code stuff. Essentially, these two LB's consist of runs of about 10 titles.

As a sample, I have posted (or will be in a minute) the 5 odd single issues, which run from 1948 - 1954, in a sales thread. These few books are oddballs not only because they aren't part of runs but also because they fall outside of the Horror/SF realm. I'm pretty impressed by their grades.

The major runs:

House of Mystery

House of Secrets

Mystery in Space

Strange Adventures

Tales of the Unexpected

Most of the later titles in the genres appear in smaller runs, such as:

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion

Phantom Stranger

Unexpected

Weird Mystery Tales

Witching Hour

But really, it is the pre-code & early Silver Age stuff in the major runs which stand out for me. The later books aren't in HG, generally.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

avengers.jpg

I'm going to be offering four short boxes containing Avengers 1 to 400 (minus issue 93), plus a few other miscellaneous books soon. Guessing I'll start the sales thread on Monday evening or Tuesday evening. (thumbs u

alexross_avengers4b.jpg

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

avengers.jpg

I'm going to be offering four short boxes containing Avengers 1 to 400 (minus issue 93), plus a few other miscellaneous books soon. Guessing I'll start the sales thread on Monday evening or Tuesday evening. (thumbs u

alexross_avengers4b.jpg

sweet...

Make some space sale! Some low prices on duplicates or stuff I dont collect anymore. A few cheap slabs that dont fit in my collection (I have a 2 cgc box max). I'll try to get some Preacher, 100 Bullets and some other random stuff up by tonight (thumbs u

CGC board garage sale for sales thread...I'm looking to have this in the next week or 2 as I have about 20 or 25 boxes to sell and most books are from early bronze age up to stuff from just a few years ago.

I'm starting these off at $1 a book and will go on for as long as it takes to list every books sooooooo it might take more than a weekend to do this.

I will be in here a week before I start to inform everyone again..Please don't send want list because I'm starting with box #1 and ending with box number #20 or so..

I'm a big fan of marvel so most of these books will be marvel but not all of them, I have about 4 or 5 boxes (maybe more) of just D.C. and about 2 or 3 boxes of indy's and the rest are marvel.

Just let everyone know I will start this on friday night-March 7th at around 6 or 7 p.m.

I'm not going to do scans unless someone asks for them because I have WAY to many boxes to list.

I'll start with marvel boxes and flip-flop with every thing else what doesn't sell here I'll move over to ebay and list them there ( :cry: ) but I'm in hopes that most will be sold here.

For the international & canada people I don't ship out side the U.S. so if you want to make arrangments with another board member that does know how and is willing to ship them to you do so and provide me with there address after this is done and they can ship you the books

( I have never shipped out of country and don't want to start now )

I'm looking to list here about 4500 to 6000 books so tune in on friday and get these for less than you would anywhere other than a comic convention..

I wanted to do the VCC but with work I wasn't able to do so and had to wait until now and hope to see many of you here friday night and thru the weekend or until I'm done.

shipping & payment will be done at the top of the thread when I start.

Thanks & hope to see many of you there

A pre-sale for silver and bronze high grade Marvel and DC.

9 books. Probably do the actual post this coming weekend, but here's what I've got...

Detective 395 and 403 CGC 9.0 (green label on 395 due to detached lower staple)

Blue label on 403

Avengers 96 CGC 9.6

Amaz. SM 67 CGC 8.5

Inc. Hulk 107 CGC 9.4

Hulk 115 CGC 9.6 (9 cps. 9.6, 2 cps. 9.8)

Hulk 161 CGC 9.4

Hulk 169 CGC 9.6 (I really REALLY thought this was a ringer for 9.8)also only 8 cps. 9.6 graded, none higher

Hulk 171 CGC 9.6

Edited by Rich_Henn

So you're the one that won the 395 last year I was bidding on it as well.

lol!

No, wasn't me. I've had my tec 395 for several years, actually.

It's been so long, I honestly can't remember if I picked it up from a board member or ebay, but I've had it about 5 years now. At least 4 1/2

Really sweet copy.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 5, I'll be putting up some tasty stuff from the collection I just bought. Marvel Spotlight 5, Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog 1 (and many others), Amazing Adventures 11, Amazing Spider-Man 27, 43, 45, etc. etc, lots of Bronze. Whatever I can scan. Will start around 1115 PM after Jericho is over. (geek alert!)

Damn I hate to do this, but I have a family member, my Godson actually, who is in dire need of a large amount of cash or he is going to be in a bad way with his bank. (He may lose his house.) Anyway all of my family members and I are getting a pile of cash together to help out. I have decided to sell a bunch of my books, even my Cerebus comics, to help him out. (I feel indebted to him as he helped me out of a bad situation in the past a few years ago.) I will probably start this tonight and sell books until I reach at least $1,000. For the one person that I am paying for Cerebus #1, the money will be out to you on March 14th. This book will not be for sale afterwards, I hope. :wishluck:

Damn I hate to do this, but I have a family member, my Godson actually, who is in dire need of a large amount of cash or he is going to be in a bad way with his bank. (He may lose his house.) Anyway all of my family members and I are getting a pile of cash together to help out. I have decided to sell a bunch of my books, even my Cerebus comics, to help him out. (I feel indebted to him as he helped me out of a bad situation in the past a few years ago.) I will probably start this tonight and sell books until I reach at least $1,000. For the one person that I am paying for Cerebus #1, the money will be out to you on March 14th. This book will not be for sale afterwards, I hope. :wishluck:
doh! Wow, sorry to hear that.

doh! Wow, sorry to hear that.
Ah it's okay. I am going back home for Easter and thought it'd be a nice present if I gave him that to help out. I have Cerebus 2-200 for sale and also a few slabs and some superhero comics. Feel free to PM me of you have any requests.

Sometime tonight, or tomorrow, (or later this month :insane: ) I'll post a nice Hulk 102 CGC 9.2 W for sale.

:foryou:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

avengers.jpg

alexross_avengers4b.jpg

sweet...

Were you thinking next next Monday?

Just a reminder to anyone interested that friday I will be listing a mass amount of books 4500 to 6000 and I have found some silver age within these books so hope to see some people there around 6 p.m or 7 p.m

& every thing is............. $1

Thanks everyone,