• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing books coming up in Heritage

191 posts in this topic

I am watching this Adventure book with more than a passing interest. I don't own a single GA hero book, but this book is truly a "Wow":

adventure.jpg

Am I crazy for even considering going after it?

That was my favorite book of the Adventures that are consigned by the owner. I had the opportunity to see them in the raw many years ago. Not that all of them aren't killer but that one was especially striking to me at the time.

I am watching this Adventure book with more than a passing interest. I don't own a single GA hero book, but this book is truly a "Wow":

adventure.jpg

That was my favorite book of the Adventures that are consigned by the owner. I had the opportunity to see them in the raw many years ago. Not that all of them aren't killer but that one was especially striking to me at the time.

it is the best Starman Adv cover, in my opinion, and maybe the best Adv cover period (though I do like 40 a lot, the only Adv I own)

rick

Yeh, I thought there appeared to something special about this #67 issue in particular. The cover image is really quite impressive. What an action shot!

I am a little bit taken back by the current price on the book, especially considering the other 9.8's are all currently over $10k. If the bidding hasn't started on the book, then that doesn't bode well for me. But if the closing price is any where near the current $5k price, then I just may purchase me my first GA hero book.

I don't know much about the value of Adventure books. Any one care to hazard a guess at the FMV of issue #67? Estimated closing price?

I don't think that 10k is big enough to swing that book. With the Adventures I would expect live bidders will be the winners on most of them.

I suspect you are probably correct adamstrange.

A Mile High 9.8 :cloud9:

I suspect 4-6x guide minimum, or closer to $15-20K might have a chance to win it...

though, I know of some folks there are definitely going to be going after them, so I would not let the online bidding lull anyone into a pricing security

I suspect 4-6x guide minimum, or closer to $15-20K might have a chance to win it...

though, I know of some folks there are definitely going to be going after them, so I would not let the online bidding lull anyone into a pricing security

Being the high bidder via the Internet means very little in a Heritage Signature auction...the big money comes out to play in the live event.

I should know, I think I'm 0-73 in my last four Signature auctions....most of those bids being demolished during the Live session. lol

Being the high bidder via the Internet means very little in a Heritage Signature auction...the big money comes out to play in the live event.

I should know, I think I'm 0-73 in my last four Signature auctions....most of those bids being demolished during the Live session. lol

(thumbs u

unfortunately it will be higher. :tonofbricks:

There was a bidding frenzy on the Church GLs that led to 8-10x guide.

I see the Adventures bringing out the big hitters.

I might get a chance to overpay for one of the lower copies.

well, I am only targeting one church adv, and no planning on bidding more than 5x guide, so I will likely loose and loose big!

I watched the live bidding last time. The majority of the GLs were bought by two bidders. Church run getters will drive the prices up. I bought my GL Church #37 at 10x guide :tonofbricks::cloud9:

well, I am only targeting one church adv, and no planning on bidding more than 5x guide, so I will likely loose and loose big!

I watched the live bidding last time. The majority of the GLs were bought by two bidders. Church run getters will drive the prices up. I bought my GL Church #37 at 10x guide :tonofbricks::cloud9:

then my bid won't affect the outcome at all...but hey, you never know :wishluck:

quite honestly, there are just too many books I want...and, while I tell myself I am only going to spend "x", I end up say What the heck, you only live once, and bid to win anyway!

then my bid won't affect the outcome at all...but hey, you never know :wishluck:

quite honestly, there are just too many books I want...and, while I tell myself I am only going to spend "x", I end up say What the heck, you only live once, and bid to win anyway!

I guess buying a mainline superhero Church 9.6 for 2.5X 9.2 Guide is a good deal if they normally bring 5-10X Multiples at auction, huh? hm

Unlike the GL Church books, there currently are and have been Church Adventures available out there in the marketplace the past 5-7 years or so. So there is a recent sales history and the average has been 3.5-6x, depending on the book and condition. I would be completely shocked if these books fetched 8-10x guide.

However, coupled with the "lower" guide value, classic cover, and ridiculous condition, 67 is the one that has a chance to do it. 79 was the only one to command that type of multiple in the past.

As an aside, 42 went for around 3.5x guide at the time, CGC 9.4 ow/w. I believe that was three years ago.

adventure.jpg

Adam, didn't you get your copy of that book from me about 15 years ago?