• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Looks like new issues of WD are officially no longer collectible.

Can't believe the print run on regular issues is now over 53k. That's almost a 50% increase in the last two months. Nuts.

Edited by jjeanius

^ Not surprised in the least and with all these new mega print runs, SDCC and TV Show hype, hopefully more people will be interested in collecting the series and provide more demand for those earlier issues that had a smaller print run :wishluck:

Jerome

Looks like new issues of WD are officially no longer collectible.

Can't believe the print run on regular issues is now over 53k. That's almost a 50% increase in the last two months. Nuts.

From what number would you class as new issues? #96?

I just read issue 99 and...

wow, talk about inconsistent art. There were some well drawn pages, but wow there was a lot of garbage! I'm actually going to write into the letter hacks on this one because the art has hit the soft spot in my entertainment value of the book.

This sucks.

As for the story: awesome! I think Andrea and the rest of Alexandria is screwed... I mean rape/labor camp/ murdered screwed.

As for the art, I hope Eugene is killed soon because if I have to look at another half assed drawing of him, I'll stop buying the book.

Edited by Phillip

You get the comic at the end of the run at the "quarantine" area. I thought I would have to do the run while carrying it, I would just tap out and go home

lol

I'm running with a group of 4 survivors on Friday. We're in the 1:00 group. Looking forward to it, hope it's fun and not a let-down.

Okay - I've thought about this for a while now.. but never asked anyone..

What's up with the fact the Andrea hasn't run out of ammo for her gun? She always seems to have the endless magic bag of ammo she keeps drawing from, and never once even says "I'm running out of ammo"?

I understand Michonne's sword - a blade sharpener would do the trick to get her rolling again... but are we seriously to believe that Andrea's working with the unlimited ammo cheat?

Also-- I know that it's not THAT important, but there are A LOT of other members of Alexandria - which means that there are a lot of hungry people in that town. Rick mentioned they were running out of food issues ago - and then it's just dropped and never discussed again?

I know that there's the problem at hand with the Saviors, but that doesn't mean that all the other problems can be put on hold until there's a convenient time for the main characters to handle it. - right?

OR.....

Jesus = Negan

Negan's group is called the saviors. lol That would be the M. Night twist! :insane:

Too Benjamin Linus for me. I hope Kirkman doesn't go that route.

I also doubt Negan = Davidson. Davidson knows where Alexandria is.

not sure about any of those things but i have to say that i think this issue every 3 weeks has taken a toll on charlie adlard. his art usually created a mood for the comic but issue 99 just seemed lazy and sloppier than usual. for instance completely black faced glen on page 4

i have heard many complain about his art and i could agree with what they were saying but wouldnt go as far as to back it up. but issue 99 really looked a notch below the usual quality...

not sure about any of those things but i have to say that i think this issue every 3 weeks has taken a toll on charlie adlard. his art usually created a mood for the comic but issue 99 just seemed lazy and sloppier than usual. for instance completely black faced glen on page 4

i have heard many complain about his art and i could agree with what they were saying but wouldnt go as far as to back it up. but issue 99 really looked a notch below the usual quality...

I haven't read/seen it yet, but this makes me sad...

You get the comic at the end of the run at the "quarantine" area. I thought I would have to do the run while carrying it, I would just tap out and go home

lol

I'm running with a group of 4 survivors on Friday. We're in the 1:00 group. Looking forward to it, hope it's fun and not a let-down.

:applause: It will be my job to make sure you don't get your variants...

just kidding of course I'm not.

Dan

What's up with the fact the Andrea hasn't run out of ammo for her gun? She always seems to have the endless magic bag of ammo she keeps drawing from, and never once even says "I'm running out of ammo"?

I believe they have addressed this with Eugene needing to find a way to make new ammunition. That's why he and Abe went out that day. They were going to get supplies so he could work on making their own ammo.

Also-- I know that it's not THAT important, but there are A LOT of other members of Alexandria - which means that there are a lot of hungry people in that town. Rick mentioned they were running out of food issues ago - and then it's just dropped and never discussed again?

I thought when the group went to the hilltop they received enough food to hold them over.

Someone might be able to say I'm wrong. I don't feel like getting the issues out and reading right now.