• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,477 posts in this topic

I bet that sells out very quick. I would like to have the big box set but I'll most likely not get it. I might spring for the $150 version though. It looks nice and I bet it's much cheaper through Amazon. I think this is one of my favorite comics I have read too so it would be nice to have a presentable volume like that.

I picked up this Rasl at C2E2 last year and when I was getting Alex Ross to sign some books, he asked me if I was going to get Jeff Smith to sign it. I told him I was and asked him if he wanted to sign it. He laughed and said he didn't do anything in the book then said yeah, let me have it. He smiled the whole time he was signing it!

Stay tuned for Jeff's reply!

rasl.jpg[/img]

I bet that sells out very quick. I would like to have the big box set but I'll most likely not get it. I might spring for the $150 version though. It looks nice and I bet it's much cheaper through Amazon. I think this is one of my favorite comics I have read too so it would be nice to have a presentable volume like that.

I am sure they will. The OA version obviously isn't being marked for the average buyer but if everyone knew how scarce finished pieces like these are, I am sure everyone would regret not being able to get one of them. I already have a fantastic piece by Jeff but would love to get one of these as well. I know that won't happen though so I am pleased with knowing that I have the piece I do. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't all sell out at Comic-Con since it sounds like that is where they are going to be released.

I at least hope that Jeff shares pictures of all 50 pieces. :cloud9:

I'll probably get one of the $150 version to go along with the B&W hardcover I already have. :)

I am sure a lot of of us would be trying to scrounge up the dough to buy multiple sets if they were only $500. I would gladly pay $150 for a watercolor piece by Jeff. lol

Well than, lets take a poll. Who plans on dropping a grand on this set?

I am sure a lot of of us would be trying to scrounge up the dough to buy multiple sets if they were only $500. I would gladly pay $150 for a watercolor piece by Jeff. lol

:hi:

Unfortunately I won't be buying a set. :(

I was just trying to put it into perspective that at $500 the art would only be costing $150 since the book set by itself is selling for $350. That would be an absolute bargain for the art compared to what it is going for. At $650 for the art in the $1000 set it is a decent price since you never see any of Jeff's art available other then convention sketches. :)

+1

I just remembered I have a CGC 9.4 Bone 1 first print - what do they go for these days?

I'm really tempted by the 1K Bone collection - a Smith watercolor would be nice. Any one know if the original pieces are all going to be similar images?

You never know with this book. Sometimes it's hot, sometimes cold. Since the series is done and the only hype is word of mouth, sales are generally people looking for a #1 after they've read the TPB.

This raw copy sold on eBay for over $500 two months ago. It didn't look like a 9.4 to me. More like the 8.0 to 8.5 range. It was an auction with 16 bids too, not a random BIN.

I believe nice raw copies usually sell around the $300 range, so I was surprised.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=350427738387&si=MrHYM%252F8bRtnnPzPKjMiZQQSKQUc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

+1

I'd like to be, but don't expect to be able to.

Unfortunately I won't be buying a set. :(

I was just trying to put it into perspective that at $500 the art would only be costing $150 since the book set by itself is selling for $350. That would be an absolute bargain for the art compared to what it is going for. At $650 for the art in the $1000 set it is a decent price since you never see any of Jeff's art available other then convention sketches. :)

Dont get me wrong, I think the art is a very decent deal. Its the book that are overpriced. If I could get the art for $650 I could see making the purchase.

Although, that too would be a bit of a stretch for me for unpublished art. But a grand for the set that is artificially rare to increase price. Seems doubtful. I mean are there really always going to be 50 people out there willing to drop a grand on this set late if you intend to sell? I am thinking no considering the lack of buyers on this board...

On that I think you are wrong. I bet they sell out at comicon and the art alone would likely sell for a grand on eBay. Who has Jeff Smith OA watercolors? I don't think it's artificially rare either. How many full color pieces does he have the time or desire to do for a project like this? It's definitely a steep price, but I think plenty of people out there will be happy to pay it. I would be if I had the cash. As far as OA goes I can't think of many things I would rather have than a Jeff Smith watercolor. And as far as the book goes, I would have to see it before I judged it's value. It appears to be of a higher quality than the Marvel Omnibus, which are pretty steep and feature half as many pages and no cool extras.

Edited by dupont2005

On that I think you are wrong. I bet they sell out at comicon and the art alone would likely sell for a grand on eBay. Who has Jeff Smith OA watercolors? I don't think it's artificially rare either. How many full color pieces does he have the time or desire to do for a project like this? It's definitely a steep price, but I think plenty of people out there will be happy to pay it. I would be if I had the cash. As far as OA goes I can't think of many things I would rather have than a Jeff Smith watercolor. And as far as the book goes, I would have to see it before I judged it's value. It appears to be of a higher quality than the Marvel Omnibus, which are pretty steep and feature half as many pages and no cool extras.

Well its not the art that I am saying is artificially rare, its the set. Only 2050 printed of material that has already been printed many times. Blah

Sure I bet the art does sell for a lot...at first. Over time I dont think the value will be there. I rather own a nice 1st print #1 or a Thorn: Tales from the Lateran