• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,477 posts in this topic

I think the value of that art will remain steady. I don't know if it will shoot up in price or not but I doubt I could score a piece for much less later down the line. I don't think the book without the art is being marketed as a limited edition collectible. It's an expensive book and plenty of other options are out there for those who simply want to read it. They probably gauged the interest in a premium collection pretty close to what it actually is. I don't know how inflated the price of the book is. $350 is a lot of money, but compare it to other premium color collections with a comparable number of pages and it's not that far off. Resale value probably isn't there on the $350 option, but I don't think the people buying it are looking to make a flip. Most people who buy trades and HC's aren't.

I think the value of that art will remain steady. I don't know if it will shoot up in price or not but I doubt I could score a piece for much less later down the line. I don't think the book without the art is being marketed as a limited edition collectible. It's an expensive book and plenty of other options are out there for those who simply want to read it. They probably gauged the interest in a premium collection pretty close to what it actually is. I don't know how inflated the price of the book is. $350 is a lot of money, but compare it to other premium color collections with a comparable number of pages and it's not that far off. Resale value probably isn't there on the $350 option, but I don't think the people buying it are looking to make a flip. Most people who buy trades and HC's aren't.

Well said. It looks like we will just have to wait and see what happens ;)

I'm not sure this is the right thread for this post, but I need some help finding a rare Ted the Bug pin. I've been searching online, including on eBay, for some time now without any success. I've also posted a WTB here, but that doesn't seem to be attracting a lot of interest. Beyond that, I honestly have no idea where to look.

Do you all have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Can someone who is a BONE expert verify I'm correct about the following information?

1st prints are: 1-20 Cartoon Books, 21-27 Image Comics, 28-55 Cartoon Books

Later printings are identified by a color change to the title in addition to the information inside.

During the time Jeff Smith was with Image Comics they reprinted the series with different covers and the Image logo. So copies of 1-20 exist with the Image label on them.

Here is where it gets interesting. I've found copies of 21-25 with the Cartoon Books label.

These are reprints correct? The Image versions are the 1st prints. I could see that being confusing for people since these reprints don't say "reprint" or "2nd printing."

I believe 26 and 27 exist too, but I haven't found them yet. It would make sense, so there would be a complete run of the series with the CB logo.

Websites like mycomicshop.com don't have accurate pictures on their site. And the pictures I do find have the same cover.

Does anyone know for sure they exist? (26 and 27 with CB logo)

If they do exist, do you know what the cover looks like?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and asked the seller as well and he said he received 6 of them from a friend who got them many years ago from Jeff after or during a signing. A little help but not a lot so I posted the question on Jeff's Facebook page. Hope I can get some more info there. :)

Just wanted to share the sketch I got from Jeff Smith this past weekend in Baltimore. It was a real pleasure to meet him and you could tell he was having a good time. Wished I could have picked up one of the next box sets but it's not in the cards (or credit cards) right now.

Smiley%252520Bone%252520%252526%252520Bartleby%252520by%252520Jeff%252520Smith.jpg
From Drop Box

Very Nice sketch HeroDreamer! (thumbs u

I got a Jeff Smith sketch at Baltimore too. I'm building a theme of "Fastball Special" covers. lol

I asked him to draw Grandma Ben throwing Thorn with Fone Bone in the background shocked. He nailed it perfectly. :banana:

FastballSpecialSketches.jpg

The Stuff of Legends + Bone sketches are at CGC.

Very Nice sketch HeroDreamer! (thumbs u

I got a Jeff Smith sketch at Baltimore too. I'm building a theme of "Fastball Special" covers. lol

I asked him to draw Grandma Ben throwing Thorn with Fone Bone in the background shocked. He nailed it perfectly. :banana:

FastballSpecialSketches.jpg

The Stuff of Legends + Bone sketches are at CGC.

Fastball Special :cloud9:. Really a great theme for sketches! The Bone sketch is awesome as well as the other two. I met the Stuff of Legend guys 15 minutes before the show ended. Didn't know they were there but definitely grabbed a set of books as it is still on my "to read" list. I asked the guys to sign the first issue and they ended up signing everybook in the set I bought. Will definitely be seeing them earlier next time, hopefully for a sketch as well :grin: