• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,337 posts in this topic

I think the Wedding Bells 16 is also Baker work. The women have the Baker qualities. And, the women in the background look Bakeresque. I do think the ink job was of course no where near what Baker could have done himself. But, I think the publisher was going for a distinct kind of "black line" look on all covers for some kind of consistency.

I just realized something. I understand now why they say Love Romances 93 had partial Baker cover. Coletta reused Baker's work in a later issue.

Good catch. Thanks for the comparison shots (thumbs u

Here are a few covers that are may or may not be Baker covers. I do believe the Girls In Love 57 is Baker and is one of my favorites outside of St. John for his romance covers..

The Love Romances is a big toss up. The girl back for sure does not look Baker.

img266.jpg

I could agree that this looks like Baker art and the previous issue that I commented on. But the rest don't look like Bakerwork. I think this disagrees with the list by Alberto and Jim. They thought the Wedding Bells issues had art by Baker. I think you already mentioned that heavy handed inking can obscure Baker's art. As it did in Igor's shop (I found that funny but an appropriate name).

bb

I had a copy of Lovers 81 that the guide says has a Baker story. It looked like Baker but had sudstandard inking, so it wasn't always apparent. Unfortunately, I never scanned the story and recently sold it. I am friends w/ the buyer so if there is interest I'll see if he can bring it by and I'll scan.

Really nice copies of those Atlas's BTW

Edited by comixnoir

I picked up this key APC from ebay for the tidy sum of $59 :):) No tanning and pretty decent PQ. I've been waiting for a deal like this to come along.

img330.jpg

way to go joanna. i'll give you 60 for it. you know you want to flip if for a profit.

I picked up this key APC from ebay for the tidy sum of $59 :):) No tanning and pretty decent PQ. I've been waiting for a deal like this to come along.

img330.jpg

Good job! That is probably the best cover in the series and seldom goes for guide.

It also has that terrific Walter Johnson splash panel.

bb

3242096607_181b7b77ce.jpg

img330.jpg

way to go joanna. i'll give you 60 for it. you know you want to flip if for a profit.

At least buy her dinner first! :baiting:

img330.jpg

At least buy her dinner first! :baiting:

I'm not gettin' rid of this for a dinner (: I'm thinking it's worth at around $200 maybe a little less but you don't see them on the market that often. I didn't have this one and doubt I'll upgrade, so it shall be passed on to my children who will immediately sell it upon my death. :/

Edited by JvR11

img330.jpg

Since this comic is my avatar, I feel compelled to add my congats. (thumbs u

The situation is so stressful to this poor woman that it has instantly turned some of her hair gray.

I believe it's really Stacy London dealing with someone who REALLY doesn't want a wardrobe make-over.

img330.jpg

Good job! That is probably the best cover in the series and seldom goes for guide.

It also has that terrific Walter Johnson splash panel.

bb

3242096607_181b7b77ce.jpg

Excellent cover and splash page. Some really nice drawings going on there. Lots of action and very solid!

Cover art was attributed to Cataldo due to the AC initials on the tree. But looks like Moreira, at least his inks. What do you think?

3610839436_cf8b190903_b.jpg

Did Buscema do covers for Crown. This reminds me of Conan.

3610294813_f9aa14c5eb_b.jpg

OK, these are not romance comics and they are not by Baker,

but it is his character which underwent a metamorphosis and turned into someone else.

There were a lot of interesting editorial decisions made here.

Did Buscema do covers for Crown. This reminds me of Conan.

3610294813_f9aa14c5eb_b.jpg

OK, these are not romance comics and they are not by Baker,

but it is his character which underwent a metamorphosis and turned into someone else.

There were a lot of interesting editorial decisions made here.

2375573724_9bb294a2c4_b.jpg