• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,351 posts in this topic

phantomlady16.jpg

Sweet! I like seeing these classic women, without the familiar background imagery of the comic. I always thought they were great pin-up girls. I once created a high quality reproduction of the classic Phantom Lady 17 cover. Then I illustrated a few paste-overs showing (ahem...) alternate versions of what her costume looked like beneath her utility belt. Wish I still had that...

It's interesting that Phantom Lady 16 is the only issue in which the title character is not featured prominently on the cover. (Who IS that sultry blonde in the alluring negligee...???)

I have one more request to make... Blue Beetle 54. (BOTH girls.)

phantomlady16.jpg

Sweet! I like seeing these classic women, without the familiar background imagery of the comic. I always thought they were great pin-up girls. I once created a high quality reproduction of the classic Phantom Lady 17 cover. Then I illustrated a few paste-overs showing (ahem...) alternate versions of what her costume looked like beneath her utility belt. Wish I still had that...

It's interesting that Phantom Lady 16 is the only issue in which the title character is not featured prominently on the cover. (Who IS that sultry blonde in the alluring negligee...???)

I have one more request to make... Blue Beetle 54. (BOTH girls.)

We got paper dolls and coloring books. Now we need to get a DC Phantom Lady movie.

I colored the splash page with color from the cover after joining in Photoshop. I can post again if you want to color your own page.

2348200707_0ffd0ccd79_b.jpg

Obviously I am a huge Baker fan. His women were really gorgeous, especially when he did his own inking. I am using Photoshop Elements 6.0 Mac version if anyone cares.

Working on a video project (I am a freelance Final Cut Pro Editor) that had a ton of stills to clean up and thought, what the heck, make some Baker Girls!

I have Phantom Lady #13-#23 scanned and Blonde Phantom #11-#22. Requests?

Thanks JvR11 for starting this thread!

I really dig the shadow backdrop you've added really makes them 3-D. Great work!

I know it's not the most sought after cover, but it's really my favorite Baker romance cover...could you do Cinderella Love 26? I never grow tired of looking at it and it's remarkable how you can "feel the love" in this cover. I've never seen this one in high grade.

Obviously I am a huge Baker fan. His women were really gorgeous, especially when he did his own inking. I am using Photoshop Elements 6.0 Mac version if anyone cares.

Working on a video project (I am a freelance Final Cut Pro Editor) that had a ton of stills to clean up and thought, what the heck, make some Baker Girls!

I have Phantom Lady #13-#23 scanned and Blonde Phantom #11-#22. Requests?

Thanks JvR11 for starting this thread!

A closer look at your Phantom Lady 17? (Unless it's already posted somewhere?)

I'm compiling a list of Baker romance outside of St. John. If any one is aware of or has an issue not mentioned in Alter Ego 47 or Overstreet, please PM me. I'd love to know!

Thanks

I saw a copy In vf, maybe better, at a convention a few years ago. One small chip at the top of the spine, otherwise near mint. The dealer wanted $250.00. With the exchange rate at the time, (I'm in Canada), it would have cost $400.00 Can. I balked. A couple of months later he still had it. I didn't get it. That copy still haunts me. Maybe the best in existence. :cry:

Edited by comixnoir