• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

well, my TMNT #1 SS Signed and Sketched by Eastman and Laird may be on sale in about two weeks.

Laird even drew Splinter on the books which he never does.

I hate to see this go but if things don't pan out, it will be here in the sales board.

im_0017.jpg

im_0018.jpg

How much would a CGC 9.8 (White pages) 3rd print cost me? And does anyone have one to sell?

I've never seen a 9.8 sell (is there one on census?). The highest I've seen was back in '07 when a 9.6 sold for a little over $150

How much would a CGC 9.8 (White pages) 3rd print cost me? And does anyone have one to sell?

I've never seen a 9.8 sell (is there one on census?). The highest I've seen was back in '07 when a 9.6 sold for a little over $150

I don't see any in the census.

I don't see any in the census.

:( O poopie...

I just joined the boards a week ago to join the Walking Dead 1 club. Well, I think I have the comic bug again, and I had to buy the book I always wanted as a kid, but couldn't afford/find: TMNT 1. I bought it from Metropolis via ComicConnect. It's funny because I tried to buy it for a very similar price directly from Metropolis, but never heard back from them. Anyway, here is a pic:

tee2.62a.jpg

I can't believe I'm finally going to own this book!

Edited by thebends1996

Thanks!

They have it as a 6.5. Since I've been out of the comic game for so long, I don't really know a lot about CGC grading, but it looks good to me and was in my budget. Also, being from a big place like Metro, I'm comfortable with buying a raw copy, which I wouldn't be on ebay.

Anyway, I'll be happy with a 6.5, but I'm really hoping for a 7.0!

6.5 is perfect... that's square in the you-can-read-it-without-freaking-out-too-much range. :)

And, with this purchase, we now account for a full 1% of the original print run on the boards!

User Min Grade Max Grade Slabbed Notes
Archon_Turtle 7 7 Yes SS - sign & sketch by Eastman
campued1010 9.4 9.4 Yes
chainnball 0 10 No
cyberjad 9.4 9.4 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
DetroitMike 9.4 9.4 Yes
DevilsRain 7.5 7.5 Yes
DevilsRain (neighbor) 7.5 7.5 Yes
icculus308win 9.6 9.6 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
iggy 0 10 No
Jeffreykli 9.2 9.2 Yes
lookwhoitis 7 7 Yes
Mac Man 6 6 Yes SS - signed by Eastman & Laird; sketch by Laird; SS Eastman only
Mr.Comicbook 0 10 No
Ogami 7 7 Yes signed & sketched by Eastman and Laird
Peter Palmer 9 9 Yes
rabidwolf 9.4 9.4 Yes
rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes
rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes
rabidwolf 8 8 Yes
rabidwolf 7.5 7.5 Yes
rabidwolf 6 6.5 Yes
RockMyAmadeus 9.2 9.4 No
Schmakt 9 9 Yes slight (A) color touch
SlinginWeb 7 7 Yes SS
Stronguy 9 9 Yes
Stronguy's friend 8 8 Yes
telerites 9.8 9.8 Yes
thebends1996 6.5 6.5 No
TMNT 9.2 9.2 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
Edited by Schmakt

Thanks!

They have it as a 6.5. Since I've been out of the comic game for so long, I don't really know a lot about CGC grading, but it looks good to me and was in my budget. Also, being from a big place like Metro, I'm comfortable with buying a raw copy, which I wouldn't be on ebay.

As long as your happy with the book,the grade shouldn't matter to you :grin:

Thanks!

As long as your happy with the book,the grade shouldn't matter to you :grin:

Haha, you are correct. We'll see when I get it in my hands. Honestly, it won't really matter because I'll be like a kid on Christmas when I get the package! :whee:

heya Schmakt, kudos on all your efforts, but mine is actually signed and sketched by both. (not just signed). Not SS, but signed and sketched (inside cover)

thanks again for all your work.

I know this was posted somewhere, but I can't remember where. Someone was looking for a low-grade copy of issue #1 and this one was brought up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-COMIC-NO-1-FIRST-PRINTING_W0QQitemZ280483910627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414e24d3e3#ht_500wt_1182

I noticed it was back up for auction. Sure enough, the feedback from the last buyer was negative with the comment "Won TMNT #1 auction, seller refused to sell it, demanded I pay more. Beware!"

I'm sure it goes without saying, but there are red flags all over this seller. He's the same one who kept changing his beginning price last time. If anyone wants to link to the old thread, please feel free. Just thought I'd throw out the warning.

I know this was posted somewhere, but I can't remember where. Someone was looking for a low-grade copy of issue #1 and this one was brought up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-COMIC-NO-1-FIRST-PRINTING_W0QQitemZ280483910627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414e24d3e3#ht_500wt_1182

I noticed it was back up for auction. Sure enough, the feedback from the last buyer was negative with the comment "Won TMNT #1 auction, seller refused to sell it, demanded I pay more. Beware!"

I'm sure it goes without saying, but there are red flags all over this seller. He's the same one who kept changing his beginning price last time. If anyone wants to link to the old thread, please feel free. Just thought I'd throw out the warning.

Yep, I just noticed that. When I saw a $150 end price I was thinking :o even if from this seller and water damaged. I had a feeling this wouldn't go through. And sure enough, it didn't.

With so much black on the cover, I'd be pretty hesitant buying a raw copy from anyone other than a fellow collector who I know or a reputable dealer. Color touch would be too easy on this one.

I just accidentally started a new thread about a documentary I am producing (I meant to post here)- so if you haven't seen it...

I am producing a documentary about comic book collectors, and currently I am looking for subjects who own or who have ever owned TMNT #1. If you'd like to be interviewed, please contact me. If you don't want to be on camera, I'd still love to talk to you. email me at comicbookdoc@gmail.com.

ps- also, add me to the tally of those who own #1. Ungraded. :)