• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

Have to be honest though... I do think the 7.0 is a bit generous considering mine only received a 6.0 (which was actually .5 higher than I graded mine):

6-13.jpg

While I don't disagree, it's the SS that makes it exceptionally cool. It could have been a 0.5 and I wouldn't have minded.

Have to be honest though... I do think the 7.0 is a bit generous considering mine only received a 6.0 (which was actually .5 higher than I graded mine):

6-13.jpg

i havent seen the back cover but my guess the dog ear color break folds on the bottom left did you in.

i think its a matter of preferece as well. buy the book not the grade.

i had a perfect Hulk 181, sharp corners no spine dings but it had a subscription fold that color broke about an inch on the back cover. it dropped the grade to a 5.0.

one thing i dug about the 7.0 was that the interior was not signed by the peter or kevin. it seems they signed alot of the #1s at shows when they were promoting.

Edited by PeasOfCrap

6-13.jpg

i havent seen the back cover but my guess the dog ear color break folds on the bottom left did you in.

i think its a matter of preferece as well. buy the book not the grade.

i had a perfect Hulk 181, sharp corners no spine dings but it had a subscription fold that color broke about an inch on the back cover. it dropped the grade to a 5.0.

one thing i dug about the 7.0 was that the interior was not signed by the peter or kevin. it seems they signed alot of the #1s at shows when they were promoting.

Well said :)

As for the sig's I am the same way on the mid to lower grade TMNT books, but love the high grade with the signatures. With so many of them signed its common knowledge that the sig's are probably real and receive a better presenting book for the grade. Market value seems to follow this logic also as valuation seems to reflect this.

Oh, I know CGC comes down hard on color breaking corner creases than spine ticks... but the back cover is in pretty nice shape--more or less, the defects are on the front.

But PLEASE don't think I believe that book isn't worth a fat premium! When we talk about buy the book, not the grade.... sheesh! That one is ALL about the "mystique" of having both creators bring SO much to the signature / sketching.

Seems this thread needs a bump for all of the new owner-members :):bump:

Recently acquired at SDCC:

TMNT1.jpg

The back is signed by Kevin Eastman. (Signature is on CGC case, not the book.)

TMNTback.jpg

I always thought that was the best place for a signature anyways. AWESOME MAN! (thumbs u

My last post was a joke...I have had my copy first printing for about 5 years. It's a cool story. I dropped my wife off at the airport and on my way home decided to stop at the local flea market. While looking around I came across this man selling tools and junk. He had a box of Playboys sitting back so kids couldn't just walk up and look at them. I like looking through any type of pulp so I started to dig. I came across some epic mags and Savage Sword of Conan. Then I found a X-men g. novel between them was the TMNT #1(I didn't think much of it knowing first prints were gold). I picked out 20 books and asked how much, he said $20. I bought all of them for $10. It was about a month later that I was on the internet and was reading about TMNT #1. Come to find out I had a first printing in great shape. I never collected TMNT but since then I have been. Now I need the #3 variant cover and that is a booger to find...

Edited by Zombikaze

My last post was a joke...I have had my copy first printing for about 5 years. It's a cool story. I dropped my wife off at the airport and on my way home decided to stop at the local flea market. While looking around I came across this man selling tools and junk. He had a box of Playboys sitting back so kids couldn't just walk up and look at them. I like looking through any type of pulp so I started to dig. I came across some epic mags and Savage Sword of Conan. Then I found a X-men g. novel between them was the TMNT #1(I didn't think much of it knowing first prints were gold). I picked out 20 books and asked how much, he said $20. I bought all of them for $10. It was about a month later that I was on the internet and was reading about TMNT #1. Come to find out I had a first printing in great shape. I never collected TMNT but since then I have been. Now I need the #3 variant cover and that is a booger to find...

I thought Wheton was selling a copy a few weeks ago for around $300ish? Might want to shoot him a PM and see if he still has it.

Someone in this thread commented that you rarely see TMNT 1 (1st Print) in the lower grades.

I'll have a 5.0 OWW coming back from CGC shortly so if anyone's interested please PM me (thumbs u

I was going to send you a PM about it but you have me on ignore. ???(shrug)

Someone in this thread commented that you rarely see TMNT 1 (1st Print) in the lower grades.

I'll have a 5.0 OWW coming back from CGC shortly so if anyone's interested please PM me (thumbs u

:o

Why ignore Forest??? He's one of the nicest people on the boards! 2c

I'm not even sure why that was, but I've taken you off ignore. :hi:lol

TMNT #1 obviously is a tough book in low grade as this copy has already sold.

Thanks for the interest though. (thumbs u