• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,269 posts in this topic

posted this in modern, but I thought someone might see it here too:

Mirage now has copies of this for sale in case anybody was looking for one and not wanting to pay $150 on ebay...

$38 from Mirage: http://www.miragelicensing.com/paypal/colvol12009.html

What's the difference between these two?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collected-1-TMNT_W0QQitemZ250565540418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a56deba42

http://cgi.ebay.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-collected-book-1-used_W0QQitemZ120516320181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f551bb5

The one Mirage is selling is got the picture of the 2nd one, but it clearly shows (2009) on that page so it may be a new printing?

I gathered, from the announcement on the homepage, that this is just them getting more copies of the 1st print (whatever that means)

We've also gotten some more copies of "TMNT Collected Book Volume One" in - you can order it here. Since this book has been selling for crazy money on eBay, we are not offering any discounts on multiple copies.

Mirage now has copies of this for sale in case anybody was looking for one and not wanting to pay $150 on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collected-1-TMNT_W0QQitemZ250565540418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a56deba42

http://cgi.ebay.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-collected-book-1-used_W0QQitemZ120516320181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f551bb5

The one Mirage is selling is got the picture of the 2nd one, but it clearly shows (2009) on that page so it may be a new printing?

I have not seen the first one with that cover before so I don't know much about it. Looks like it is probably oversized. The second one is comic book sized and published recently. They both seem to reprint the same stuff.

EDIT: Most likely different publishers too. First published these colorized reprint trades back then

tmnt-gn-1.jpg

Mirage also published some collected volumes with painted covers that looked really cool too. The first one I believe reprints #1-11 with the one shots as well.

Edited by dupont2005

The first one is one of the first collected books that came out. The second one, which Mirage is now selling, contains the same thing EXCEPT it also contains the full Fugitoid issue so it actually has one extra book in it (and a book that is critical to an early storyline).

Just letting everyone interested know that a turtlemania Silver edition surfaced last night. I have no intention of spamming so I wont post a link but it can be found on a very popular auction site.

Interesting how this is graded a qualified and no mention of it being a "silver edition"

Perhaps those who make the CGC labels weren't aware that there are 3 different versions of this book (regular, silver, and gold). To my knowledge, the stock on the regular and silver edition are slightly different, but the difference may not be too noticeable when a side-by-side comparison can't be made. The census makes no note of different versions, so this one looks like it was graded as a signed regular edition. (shrug) Maybe.

Yea, I've seen another one, graded a 4.0 BLUE with "Silver Edition" written on the label. He should have made note of this when he submitted maybe.

On a related note, I'm thinking about doing Walk-thru with my Gold just to see what the grade would be.

Edited by TMNT

Yea, I've seen another one, graded a 4.0 BLUE with "Silver Edition" written on the label. He should have made note of this when he submitted maybe.

On a related note, I'm thinking about doing Walk-thru with my Gold just to see what the grade would be.

Gold eh? How about a picture of that super rare book for us?

Check his comicartfans gallery for that and other cool Ninja Turtles treasures. (thumbs u I'm especially fond of his GobbledyGooks and the OA to the Fugitoid cover.

How bout less thinking and more doing my good man!

Danny, I wish you luck on it - I'm dying to hear & see the results! :wishluck:

Already saw it. Planning on winning it. ;) Appreciate the heads up, though. :)

Ended at $949...solid price

I just dont get why that book is valued so high. I mean a qualified 7.0 signed wont get a grand and unless its a good deal we dont see a lot of blue label 7.0s going for that price. Sure there is a very limited supply for this book, but why such a demand?

Hoping that Adam won it. :wishluck:

I won the book. (Sorry Peter! You know I love you!)

I just dont get why that book is valued so high. I mean a qualified 7.0 signed wont get a grand and unless its a good deal we dont see a lot of blue label 7.0s going for that price. Sure there is a very limited supply for this book, but why such a demand?

The book's qualified status is an error in my opinion, as they fact that it is signed and numbered is 50% of what defines it as a silver edition. I have already started a thread in the Ask CGC section explaining the situation and asking if I can resubmit the book for a label correction (Danny, if you could provide me with a photo of that 4.0 blue label silver you saw that would be totally helpful). As for demand...the book ran 100 copies, and of those 100 the tmnt collector community at large knows of 5 (including this one). That's pretty darn rare.

Danny, I wish you luck on it - I'm dying to hear & see the results! :wishluck:

:gossip: I already have one or I would have been all over this!

The book's qualified status is an error in my opinion, as they fact that it is signed and numbered is 50% of what defines it as a silver edition. I have already started a thread in the Ask CGC section explaining the situation and asking if I can resubmit the book for a label correction (Danny, if you could provide me with a photo of that 4.0 blue label silver you saw that would be totally helpful). As for demand...the book ran 100 copies, and of those 100 the tmnt collector community at large knows of 5 (including this one). That's pretty darn rare.

Well, its not exactly an error I believe. You see, any book that gets signed without being witnessed and then sent in is elgible for the Qualified grade (Thus all Silvers and Golds fit in this category inherently). From what I understand though, is that a signed book can get a LOWER Blue lable grade then it would have as a QUALIFIED grade in that they consider the the writing/sigs a defect, much like a bend, crease, etc. so it would lower the grade. So for instance my Blue lable 9.2 1st print of #1 with sigs COULD be say a 9.4 Qualified. I'm not exactly sure if thats how it works, but I think its something like that. So if you sent in your 7.0, it might come back a 6.0 Blue or so depending on how much they mark off. Again, I'm not certain on any of this.

And yes, this IS a very rare book and worth the $1000 IMO. I have owned or sold 4 of the copies out there, with the other 4.0 blue being the only one I know of that has not been in my possession. I'll dig around for a photo Steph.

Hoping that Adam won it. :wishluck:

I won the book. (Sorry Peter! You know I love you!)

No problem. I put a bid in on it in the final seconds, but I didn't even clear the reserve, so it just wasn't meant to be...this time. Next time may be a different story. (thumbs u I'm just happy to see that TMNT fandom is still so strong. :)

Well, its not exactly an error I believe. You see, any book that gets signed without being witnessed and then sent in is elgible for the Qualified grade (Thus all Silvers and Golds fit in this category inherently). From what I understand though, is that a signed book can get a LOWER Blue lable grade then it would have as a QUALIFIED grade in that they consider the the writing/sigs a defect, much like a bend, crease, etc. so it would lower the grade. So for instance my Blue lable 9.2 1st print of #1 with sigs COULD be say a 9.4 Qualified. I'm not exactly sure if thats how it works, but I think its something like that. So if you sent in your 7.0, it might come back a 6.0 Blue or so depending on how much they mark off. Again, I'm not certain on any of this.

And yes, this IS a very rare book and worth the $1000 IMO. I have owned or sold 4 of the copies out there, with the other 4.0 blue being the only one I know of that has not been in my possession. I'll dig around for a photo Steph.

You're right on all counts. Like it was mentioned earlier, it is likely that the submitter didn't mention on the invoice that it was a Silver Edition. Being that the book is so rare, it's possible that the fact that it was a Silver Edition slipped by the graders when the label was printed.

If I had won the book, I would have sent the book to the CGC for a label correction. If I pointed it out, I'd likely only have to pay for shipping since it was a label error. Some people HATE green labels, but personally, I don't mind them on items like this. I don't see the signatures as a defect, so a 7.0 is the structural grade of the book. If you submit it for a blue label, it may come back as a 6.0 or so, but the signatures will be counted as defects and in my opinion the label wouldn't accurately reflect the grade of the book since there are no Silver Editions that aren't signed. I'd say change it to blue only if green really bugs you. My 2c

Hanging around the signature room, I've seen some cool qualified books that are green labeled because of signatures. Jerry Siegel on a 9.8 Action 1 reprint and Steve Ditko on an X-men reprint are two of my favorites. In my mind, the qualified label makes books like these stand out a little more since they were impossible to get in any other label without being counted as a defect.

Besides, you couldn't get a more appropriate color for a TMNT book. ;) Congrats on the win!