• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

Hoping that Adam won it. :wishluck:

I won the book. (Sorry Peter! You know I love you!)

I just dont get why that book is valued so high. I mean a qualified 7.0 signed wont get a grand and unless its a good deal we dont see a lot of blue label 7.0s going for that price. Sure there is a very limited supply for this book, but why such a demand?

The book's qualified status is an error in my opinion, as they fact that it is signed and numbered is 50% of what defines it as a silver edition. I have already started a thread in the Ask CGC section explaining the situation and asking if I can resubmit the book for a label correction (Danny, if you could provide me with a photo of that 4.0 blue label silver you saw that would be totally helpful). As for demand...the book ran 100 copies, and of those 100 the tmnt collector community at large knows of 5 (including this one). That's pretty darn rare.

Congrats on the win. I would leave it in the green label as well, or at least send it back and have the green label fixed to say Silver Edition.

I meant to put this up about a week ago but totally forgot.

Acquired from another tmnt collector in my area. The "New York Comic Con" Error Cover #3:

img078.jpg

img079.jpg

Probably going to have it slabbed with my next batch.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Is this one widely considered an actual "error" or simply a variant? CGC slabs don't indicate an error on the label and while the light blue shade was dropped out by accident, it doesn't really affect the book negatively the way the #4 2nd print error variant did by printing the wrong logo.

Cool book regardless! 500 was the original print run. Anyone have any educated guess as to how many surviving copies are out there?

Is this one widely considered an actual "error" or simply a variant? CGC slabs don't indicate an error on the label and while the light blue shade was dropped out by accident, it doesn't really affect the book negatively the way the #4 2nd print error variant did by printing the wrong logo.

Cool book regardless! 500 was the original print run. Anyone have any educated guess as to how many surviving copies are out there?

I personally consider it an error because giving them out as a con exclusive was an after thought. They didnt PLAN to print these with the blue dropped out, but once they were printed it was more of a "why the hell not" kinda deal.

But some people feel differently, which is why I I will refer to it as "New York Comic Con" in quotes :-)

Very true!

What kind of condition is this one in? It's tough to tell with cropped scans. From what can be seen, it looks pretty nice.

I have 2 of the #3 NYCC variants. One CGC 8.5 and one unslabbed in the 6.0 range.

Edited by rabidwolf

Already saw it. Planning on winning it. ;) Appreciate the heads up, though. :)

Ended at $949...solid price

WOW thats pretty high. Thats about the same or just slightly more that a 7.0 TMNT 1. But if there are only 5 of these out there that kind of money is well worth it to a TMNT fan.

Already saw it. Planning on winning it. ;) Appreciate the heads up, though. :)

Ended at $949...solid price

WOW thats pretty high. Thats about the same or just slightly more that a 7.0 TMNT 1. But if there are only 5 of these out there that kind of money is well worth it to a TMNT fan.

Well, only 5 have come out so far. I think there are bound to me more of the original 100 print run out there. Though probably not many.

Just as sure as I am that there is another gold out there even though weve only found one. It will be mine...oh yes! It will be mine.

EDIT:

The silver came in today, and to put to rest any doubts about its authenticity (which are understandable due to the incorrect label) I did a quick color comparison against a standard edition:

100_3065.jpg

Also, I have to say that this is the best looking 7 ive ever seen. There is a 3/4 inch split in the spine, other than that, the book looks perfect.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Just as sure as I am that there is another gold out there even though weve only found one. It will be mine...oh yes! It will be mine.

Another Gold is ALOT less likely considering there have only been 5 out of 100 silvers in all these years...before mines came around, I was honestly 99.99% certain I'd never see one. But I guess we'll see.

And Congrats on the book. Looks great! :banana:

I was hoping that's what they'd say. (thumbs u

Did you decide to keep the label green or take the grade hit for the blue label?