• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,294 posts in this topic

Today I finished by TMNT 1-4 run :banana:

Thank you Adam and Michael for your help with completing this.

DSC01312.jpg

All issues are white pages and all are 9.8 except for #1, which is a 9.4 signed by Eastman and Laid with a sketch on the inside cover. This gave me enough points to tie for #5 in the registry sets. Yeap, turtles sets are getting that competitive around here!

Nice Jad. Why stop at #4?

Today I finished by TMNT 1-4 run :banana:

Thank you Adam and Michael for your help with completing this.

DSC01312.jpg

All issues are white pages and all are 9.8 except for #1, which is a 9.4 signed by Eastman and Laid with a sketch on the inside cover. This gave me enough points to tie for #5 in the registry sets. Yeap, turtles sets are getting that competitive around here!

Nice Jad. Why stop at #4?

Who said I stopped at #4? Ill post something really neat a little later when I have a chance to take a couple photos ;)

I saw a raw #1 in the wild today with a $3500 price tag on it. I am terrible at grading but if I had to venture a guess I would say 7.0-8.0, I could be a mile off though. Is that a good price? There was a stack of 2-4 there too with price tags in the $50 range and comparable condition. I didn't ask any questions about those though. I only asked about the #1 because there was a tear in the price tag right where a decimal would go and I thought it might have been priced at $35.00 :wishluck: but it wasn't :cry:

Bet you've seen this already but, ugh... thats painfull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJ4VwFHSp4

Have anyone gotten the wrong comic back from CGC yet? Talk about screwup.

that was a PGX screwup and i think the guy had a running thread on another msgboard about the whole ordeal. sorry, i don't have a link.

Just wanted to share a few sketches that a friend of mine got for me at WWAnaheim a few weeks back. They're both artists of the TMNT...Bisley is more associated with Heavy Metal and Bode worked on the original run...issues 18 and 32 I believe.

Simon Bisley:

TMNTBisley-Turtle.jpg

Mark Bode:

TMNTBode-Leonardo.jpg

Awesome Lawson piece. What was your request? Just Mikey, Raph, and a few Triceratons or is it from a particular story?

I requested Mike and Raph and the Tri's. Since Mike's with the Tri's now and there's about to be a war, I figured why not. (Raph was my favorite as a kid.) He got the poses on Mike and Raph right. Would have liked the Tri's to be providing more cover for them and not walking.

Totally looking forward to issues 31 and 32... when they come out. =\

All in all, totally dig the piece. And will be requesting a 2nd. =D

Yeah, Zeph. Some rook posted you were in chat this week. HAHA!

Couple of commissioned pieces, gonna have a SWEET one next week sometime, so no spoilers!

Shredder by my buddy Monty (doing the super secret piece for me) he has a VERY unique version of the TMNT I am sure everyone is going to like

img116.jpg

Raph by Rob Guillory (belongs to friend)

hsdvivsd.jpg

And my b-day gift to myself :whee:

scan0007.jpg

Edited by joker-fish

awesome! I love how you keep finding these books that most people who consider themselves big turtles fans don't even know about! well done

Personally, this is entirely too much especially for a raw. I don't have GPA but I think going rate for a book in that shape would be about 1/2 that price.... slabbed. The big concern is the number of raw copies that have small amounts of color touch on them, and while I'm totally fine with restoration (amateur or pro), I'm not paying a premium unrestored price for a restored book. I'd suggest steering clear. The books are rare but you don't want to buy something you'll regret later.

I'd also say this person probably is a little high in his prices for 2-4 as well. On the whole, unless he's willing to bargain on those prices, I'd avoid any deals with this seller.

I saw a raw #1 in the wild today with a $3500 price tag on it. I am terrible at grading but if I had to venture a guess I would say 7.0-8.0, I could be a mile off though. Is that a good price? There was a stack of 2-4 there too with price tags in the $50 range and comparable condition. I didn't ask any questions about those though. I only asked about the #1 because there was a tear in the price tag right where a decimal would go and I thought it might have been priced at $35.00 :wishluck: but it wasn't :cry:

lol I just realized of all the TMNT fans out there.... I started this thread!

I bought this comic a few weeks back. It's the Vol.1 #4 Misprint. Not only that though but this copy is a MISPRINT of the MISPRINT! Haha. Seriously! check out my auction for pics, and wish me luck!

check the proper board for that!

also, anyone know where I can buy a decently priced #1 1st print? don't say eBay.

Edited by DJB