• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

yeah, there are a lot of questions I wish he had got to. But laughed my off at the ban
like always though, he wont ever get to the answers to "those" questions...

In fact, towards the end....he was probably praying for mods to ban him before he had to answer to the graders notes. As if he was going to anyways :insane:

How does someone get banned off these boards? Was he fighting with people?

After reading that link 5-years probation means he was convicted of a felony. It wouldn't be too smart to do the same type of crime again, if it rises to the level of a crime, because the next time around it's not going to just be 90-days in jail.

If the guy screwed up by being dumb by forging collectibles I see it like this: The guy obviously had anything of value taken from him from the courts for restitution, he had to pay attorneys, he went through hell while going through the system, did 90 days in jail and probation. He debt is paid. If all he knows is collectibles and that's his way of earning money then as long as he does it honestly then good luck.

If these guys were convicted in 2002, had probation for 5 years and were system free in 2007, if one of them is back to their old tricks the guy is a total TOTAL rectal orifice and just looking for a cell mate named Bubba wearing lipstick.

So pretty much you guys are saying that chances are this ASM #2 is restored? Would probably be a good idea to email some of his winners and see if they got burned, especially the winner of this auction.

I have yet to read up on this guy, will get around to it later.

They're implying alot of things, but the chances that this AS 2 will be returned with a purple label are so negligible that I would be willing to pull the listing now and we can set up a wager as to the Blue or purple labeled outcome of this comic.

It would be quite easy to set up. I trust Mark Zaid, as you ll do. I do not know him, but I know who he is.

If they can cover a $5000 wager, I'll give three to one odds, my $15,000 against your combined $5000 that the #2, or any other comic I am offering as unrestored, will return from CGC with a blue label.

You could ask Mr. Zaid if he'd submit the #2, which I would send to him, I'll also send him a $15,000 wire which he can hold, and you all can pool your $5,000 and send your end of the wager to him to hold as well. Then he'll submit the comic, I'll pay for express grading and cover all his expenses for postage as well, and when the comic is returned to him, he'll either send my $15,000 to the pool of bettors or send me the book back and your $5,000. Meaning you each get $4.00 back for every $1 you wagered! If this comic is restored, this should be a very easy score for all pool bettors.

My money is firmly behind my restoration detection ability and committment to full disclosure. Do we have a wager?

doh!

Okay, I must confess to purchasing a ASM comic from Robojo a while back. He had it listed as a 9.6. I sent it off to get pressed and graded but Matt at Classics stated it was a 8.5 so I opted to have it sent back to me to take a closer look. I took a closer look and Matt was right it looked like a 9 to me but trusting Classics experience I'm sure he was closer at a 8.5.....needless to say I opted to sell it raw and took a big loss on it. I now bypass all of his auctions.

I LOVE the great detective work on these boards!!!

Remember one thing. If they're true 9.6 they would be in slabs. NEVER BUY FROM ROBOJO

Fixed that for you.

Also, there are 9.6s out there that haven't been slabbed. Just don't believe any 9.6s that are being sold by ROBOJO.

Anyone who deals comics will slab a 9.6. Money to be made is too great.

His 9.6's are almost certainly former 8.5-9.2 slabs that he cracks out, takes an off center pic to hide the defects and crosses his fingers and prays somehow will fall for.

That's pretty much his new MO and what he tried to pull on me. X-men 2 that was in a 8.5 slab, sold to me before i found these boards raw as a 9.2-9.4 and of course came back 8.5. Luckily for me, it went for 8.5 price probably because so many people know his scams and avoid his auctions like a plague.

His 9.6's are almost certainly former 8.5-9.2 slabs that he cracks out, takes an off center pic to hide the defects and crosses his fingers and prays somehow will fall for.

That's pretty much his new MO and what he tried to pull on me. X-men 2 that was in a 8.5 slab, sold to me before i found these boards raw as a 9.2-9.4 and of course came back 8.5. Luckily for me, it went for 8.5 price probably because so many people know his scams and avoid his auctions like a plague.

robo's pictures are so manipulated. I never purchased from him. He's on my banned list with a few others.

Not entirely true. I pass on quite a few 9.6's and focus on 9.8's.

There are plenty of dealers who don't believe in CGC and they have comics that would qualify for 9.6s....

Not every dealer who has NM comics slabs them.

I've sold plenty of 9.6's raw and 9.8's on occasion. I'm sure there are many opportunities to buy nice raw books from boardies. Mainly copper age and later.

Just say no to to robojo!

There are plenty of dealers who don't believe in CGC and they have comics that would qualify for 9.6s....

Not every dealer who has NM comics slabs them.

True, they have to be out there. Veryy rare I see a LCS with a uhg semi key/key ungraded though.

apples to bananas. Modern 9.6s are really close to worthless, heck BA 9.6s are getting there. RJ33 sells alot of late silver at alleged 9.6s raw. The money he gets for his books is just silly!

i just found that here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150757824198&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2124wt_1163

and man the copy looks very fantastic i dont follow the hole story with this seller but he has a great feedback but i will trust my boardies and dont bit on that one (there is a guarantee included by him so im really confused about the bad storys about him) ...i just will follow this auction