• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

I could never understand all the fascination with this guy (shrug)

Everytime he surfaces, people flock like sheep to him lol

well don't you think it would be interesting to know if he is able to pass restored books by CGC

well don't you think it would be interesting to know if he is able to pass restored books by CGC

lol I'm sure a confession from him on this thread would be 100% truthful.

lol I'm sure a confession from him on this thread would be 100% truthful.

he is unable to be truthful as it would admit defeat. Pathological liars always defend their lies.

Oh yeah, words from a liar and swindler are to be taken as gospel :screwy:

Why would that be interesting? We all know that CGC isn't perfect. No one that sells on these boards is perfect either. Every seller here has missed something at one time or another. People looking for perfection often only find misery.

Plus, I agree with nik. We all know Danny Dupcak is a crook and a liar. Why should it be surprising when he shows up here and lies? Comic-keys, Perry Stroud, Robojo33 or whatever name he goes by is more than likely Danny and if he isn't, who cares? The similarities alone are enough to warrant giving this(these) guy(s) an extremely wide berth.

ROBOJO33/danny boy is BANNED now. :roflmao:

ARCHITECHT strikes again! :insane:

I would have loved to hear his excuse on the graders notes too.

:news: another lie.... ^^

Seriously, I was reading a lot of pages to try to see what he would say and then just as we're about to hear his next excuse (the excuse I really wanted to hear), he gets banned. :censored:

Wow.

It's a good thing that this isn't a courtroom because in the case of Forum vs Robojo, the Forum doesn't have much of a case and is resorting to shouting ungrounded accusations. IMO, he made his point well and responded well to a lot of of those accusations.

1.Selling Restored as Unrestored?

He lists some of his auctions as restored when he knows about it, and eBay feedback indicates a lot of satisfaction with his auctions.

2. Undergrading?

There's nothing illegal with cracking a label you see as undergraded and selling raw before getting it graded. He sees the grading as risky because it might be submitted several times before getting that true grade, so he passes the risk to someone else. Or it may even be that the buyers agree the book looks a lot better than what the label would say (Shocking!) and that may be fine for a lot of collections.

3. Making more by grading ASM #2?

Perhaps, but there isn't a whole lot of recent information about high grade ASM 2 on GPA either. With the cost of shipping, grading, chances of damage to the comic, and the chance of the comic getting undergraded anyhow, I don't think you should blame the guy for NOT being greedy. If anything, I think the price reflected on Ebay falls in line with what a CGC 9.0 of 9.2 would bring to the table. Sounds to me like the buyers are already factoring some measure of risk.

Sure you may disagree with his business model, but at the end of the day, there seem to be plenty of buyers who would rather buy their books this way. His feedback is also quite high, indicating a lot of customer satisfaction. Ebay is siding with Robojo also by continuing to allow his auctions.

Again, it looks to me like this guy makes a good case, but everyone here would far prefer to beat up on someone who doesn't defend himself.

Correct, not a courtroom. It's an attempt to understand the motivation of a person in a business that is willing to loose tens of thousands of dollars by not slabbing an extremely high grade book. To me, his story makes no sense. I'm not trying to convict him in a court of law, I'm just trying to decide if I can trust him. For me, the answer is no. Additionally, while explaining his reasoning, he has lied in saying he never cracks out a book.

So, feel free to buy from this source if you wish. My perception is that the risks outweigh the rewards.

Why would that be interesting? We all know that CGC isn't perfect. No one that sells on these boards is perfect either. Every seller here has missed something at one time or another. People looking for perfection often only find misery.

Plus, I agree with nik. We all know Danny Dupcak is a crook and a liar. Why should it be surprising when he shows up here and lies? Comic-keys, Perry Stroud, Robojo33 or whatever name he goes by is more than likely Danny and if he isn't, who cares? The similarities alone are enough to warrant giving this(these) guy(s) an extremely wide berth.

your probably right. i just wanted to hear what he had to say about it.

This thread is like a cereal box that promises a fantastic prize; I dig, and I dig, and ultimately I'm disappointed.

This thread is like a cereal box that promises a fantastic prize; I dig, and I dig, and ultimately I'm disappointed.
I could dig up a "what scanner do you use" thread. (shrug)

Or a "how do you store your books?" thread.

What I found interesting in one of his posts was his claim that his restoration detecting skills were as good as anyones. Really. Says who. Did you learn the ropes from Nelson or Ciacconi. Who taught him all the tricks. Someone doesnt give you a broken down 440-six pack motor and say put it together. You cant. You have to learn these things from watching and listening. I would like to learn more about restoration detection myself. But I dont think looking at pictures in a book or scans can tell the whole story. I would think you would have to have it in your hands, have someone point out the things that cant be picked up in a scan or picture. My own opinion is that this guy had to learn this stuff from someone. Id like to know who. Just my 2c

DRX

I could dig up a "what scanner do you use" thread. (shrug)

Or a "how do you store your books?" thread.

When a child is sad, or has been disappointed in some way, you don't take him underwear shopping.

ADDENDUM

I very much enjoy underwear shopping, but only under the following conditions:

1) The underwear isn't for me, but for my girlfriend de jour.

2) The underwear is submitted for my approval before purchase.

3) I'm not doing the buying.

These three conditions, when combined, make for an entertaining afternoon. An attractive saleswoman at the store is a 4th condition, but it is entirely optional and not always optimal, especially if my girlfriend de jour happens to be of the more insecure variety, which is usually the case due to my penchant for 20 year-olds who are more concerned with validation than they are with commitment.

What the hell were we talking about?

ROBOJO33/danny boy is BANNED now. :roflmao:

ARCHITECHT strikes again! :insane:

I would have loved to hear his excuse on the graders notes too.

:news: another lie.... ^^

Seriously, I was reading a lot of pages to try to see what he would say and then just as we're about to hear his next excuse (the excuse I really wanted to hear), he gets banned. :censored:

That's too bad he was :censored:. He was responding to cross-examination without losing his head and then gets banned on account of being a "shill" -- though everyone knew who he was and what he stood for... and if anyone didn't they were getting a lot of valuable insight. BTW, that was one heckofa stoning he endured. He almost gave up the ghost at one point.

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Why would you want to alert someone to the GL 40? it's the X-Men #65 that's restored, not the GL 40, and the X-Men #65 is listed as restored, with the work disclosed.

The GL #40 hasn't any work to disclose.

because you overgraded it by 6 grades...duh!!! :makepoint:

No. The way I see it, CGC undergraded it 5 grades, 9.4 to 7.5 is 5 grades. It's a beautifully, near flawless 9.4 by Overstreet Guideline standards. No creases, One or two microscopic spine tics, a pure white background and no back cover flaws.

You DO realize there is more to a book than its covers right? Like page tears,repairs,dogears,scribbling,etc...

You are a crook and your rambling only confirms it.

What I found interesting in one of his posts was his claim that his restoration detecting skills were as good as anyones. Really. Says who. Did you learn the ropes from Nelson or Ciacconi. Who taught him all the tricks. Someone doesnt give you a broken down 440-six pack motor and say put it together. You cant. You have to learn these things from watching and listening. I would like to learn more about restoration detection myself. But I dont think looking at pictures in a book or scans can tell the whole story. I would think you would have to have it in your hands, have someone point out the things that cant be picked up in a scan or picture. My own opinion is that this guy had to learn this stuff from someone. Id like to know who. Just my 2c

DRX

he learned it from CGC....he knows whats a PLOD and whats a blue label when he cracks it out and lists on Ebay. Either way his grading is the loop hole.....subjective legal fraud. He doesn't even care or want to know what CGC found to bring the grade down.

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Why would you want to alert someone to the GL 40? it's the X-Men #65 that's restored, not the GL 40, and the X-Men #65 is listed as restored, with the work disclosed.

The GL #40 hasn't any work to disclose.

because you overgraded it by 6 grades...duh!!! :makepoint:

No. The way I see it, CGC undergraded it 5 grades, 9.4 to 7.5 is 5 grades. It's a beautifully, near flawless 9.4 by Overstreet Guideline standards. No creases, One or two microscopic spine tics, a pure white background and no back cover flaws.

You DO realize there is more to a book than its covers right? Like page tears,repairs,dogears,scribbling,etc...

You are a crook and your rambling only confirms it.

don't forget the 2 1/4" stain he forgot to mention on the BC. :sumo: