• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

so does this guy restore books and get them by CGC in blue labels or not????

i could have sworn i read that in one of his earlier posts in this thread.

If so, how many books has he done this with?

(shrug)

I'll field that question for you, sir! The story here is that everything supposedly comes back restored, although the truth is that I've had one return for resto in the past 14 months and on a very inexpensive book.

Old Guy can verify this 14 month window I speak of. He can because he's sponsored by a certain company to keep close tabs on me and he knows that all my unrestored submisions are being returned blue.

Also, there's nobody in the hobby that can state differently.

I read where I supposedly ssold someone a restored IF 14 as unrestored, but I have never sold an IF 14. Those that keep careful records of all my listings woul know that, and there are many who do just that.

It's incredulous to think that someone wuld even attempt to do wrong or make an effort to do what I'm accused of with an entire faction of people crawling around inside my colon with magnifyng glasses.

I wonder what terrors they would find ifthey subjected the colons of some of the top sellers in his hobby to the sam type of robust colonic inspection.

As one hobbyist asked me about an auction, "Are you sure this will grade blue. You know, if it doesn't, I'll personally make sure that this is a PR hobby nightmare for you".

My answer was, "I have no doubt that you would, which is why I had no doubt that it would grade blue before listing it as unrestored".

Because I full well know that missing even one restored book at this point would be construed as intentional rather than accidental, I make sure that before I list an unrestored book, I examine it like my life depends on it because I am held to lfty, unrealistic standards that no other sellers in the history of the hobby have been held to. One miss would be result in 100 people screaming, "See. All of Robo's books are restored".

so you do or do not pass multiple books that you have restored by CGC resto detection?

Have you such little faith in CGC's abilities to detect resto? I don't restore books and nobody can slide book after book past CGC's detection team. That's the best part of their service. They are the best. period. I'm a close second.

actually i don't know what to think. but i guess it makes sense that you wont answer the question straight.

Of course I will answer it straight. No. I don't slide restored books by CGC. No. I don't restore books, and No. I don't have a parade of restored submissions being returned on unrestored listings.

One, in fact, in the past 14 months. One in over 1500 books sold in the past 14 months was returned purple that was erroneously not disclosed, and a very inexpensive book at that. If only 200 of those were submitted, althought eh number is proabably closer to 500 as they average $500 per sale or more, that's 1 out of the last 200. Can any other raw seller of S.A. $100 and up books make the same claim?

wouldnt it behoove you to call and get the graders notes on a book like the GL40 and find out why it was graded a 7.5 instead of just disagreeing with the grade and cracking it out and listing it on ebay as 5-6 grades higher?

The # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

you might learn something....

heres the certification #

GL40CGC75.jpg

wouldnt it behoove you to call and get the graders notes on a book like the GL40 and find out why it was graded a 7.5 instead of just disagreeing with the grade and cracking it out and listing it on ebay as 5-6 grades higher?

The # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

GL40CGC75.jpg

I have nothing to learn on this book. I know it inside and out, print dot by dot. It's gorgeous. It was gorgeous in and it's even more gorgeous out of the slab beause youcan fully appreiate the glos and incredible colors. If Church had SA, this would be on par with them.

Seriouly now. You have eyes. be honest. what do you really think of the condition based on the images?

Just curious, why do some books you list (usually the high end expensive ones) you use a digital camera at a weird angle. And every once in a while you list books from a scanner. Why don't you scan all of your books?

Time. I can take and load 30 pictures to Photobucket from my digital camera in the time it takes to take and load 3 scans. Sometimes I don't have the camera, decide to list a book and the scanner is the only option.

I don't recall having any feedbacks that state that the comic was misrepresented by the image aside from one comic that didn't have a small crease onthe upper right corner when I imaged it and packed it, yet did somehow when the buyer received it.

And what would be the reason you couldn't take a digital picture of yourself holding your NY driver's license and post it here for us to see?

Probably the same reason you were going to meet one of the board members at a NYC con a few years back and you never showed up. No wait...that happened a few times.

I forget. I can't keep up with all of your Sybil personalities. There's been so many lies and lines of wildly_fanciful_statement from you and your alter egos, that I've completely lost track of reality.

The # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

GL40CGC75.jpg

I have nothing to learn on this book. I know it inside and out, print dot by dot. It's gorgeous. It was gorgeous in and it's even more gorgeous out of the slab beause youcan fully appreiate the glos and incredible colors. If Church had SA, this would be on par with them.

Seriouly now. You have eyes. be honest. what do you really think of the condition based on the images?

that is exactly what I expected you to say. And I cant tell from just a FC scan of the book. It may have indentations, foxing, who knows until you ask CGC why they graded it a 7.5 will you fully understand why a VF- grade was assigned.

Just curious, why do some books you list (usually the high end expensive ones) you use a digital camera at a weird angle. And every once in a while you list books from a scanner. Why don't you scan all of your books?

Time. I can take and load 30 pictures to Photobucket from my digital camera in the time it takes to take and load 3 scans. Sometimes I don't have the camera, decide to list a book and the scanner is the only option.

I don't recall having any feedbacks that state that the comic was misrepresented by the image aside from one comic that didn't have a small crease onthe upper right corner when I imaged it and packed it, yet did somehow when the buyer received it.

And what would be the reason you couldn't take a digital picture of yourself holding your NY driver's license and post it here for us to see?

Probably the same reason you were going to meet one of the board members at a NYC con a few years back and you never showed up. No wait...that happened a few times.

I forget. I can't keep up with all of your Sybil personalities. There's been so many lies and lines of wildly_fanciful_statement from you and your alter egos, that I've completely lost track of reality.

Yeah, I tried to have him meet me at this small little con in Midtown at the Holiday Inn last March.

so does this guy restore books and get them by CGC in blue labels or not????

i could have sworn i read that in one of his earlier posts in this thread.

If so, how many books has he done this with?

(shrug)

I'll field that question for you, sir! The story here is that everything supposedly comes back restored, although the truth is that I've had one return for resto in the past 14 months and on a very inexpensive book.

Old Guy can verify this 14 month window I speak of. He can because he's sponsored by a certain company to keep close tabs on me and he knows that all my unrestored submisions are being returned blue.

Also, there's nobody in the hobby that can state differently.

I read where I supposedly ssold someone a restored IF 14 as unrestored, but I have never sold an IF 14. Those that keep careful records of all my listings woul know that, and there are many who do just that.

It's incredulous to think that someone wuld even attempt to do wrong or make an effort to do what I'm accused of with an entire faction of people crawling around inside my colon with magnifyng glasses.

I wonder what terrors they would find ifthey subjected the colons of some of the top sellers in his hobby to the sam type of robust colonic inspection.

As one hobbyist asked me about an auction, "Are you sure this will grade blue. You know, if it doesn't, I'll personally make sure that this is a PR hobby nightmare for you".

My answer was, "I have no doubt that you would, which is why I had no doubt that it would grade blue before listing it as unrestored".

Because I full well know that missing even one restored book at this point would be construed as intentional rather than accidental, I make sure that before I list an unrestored book, I examine it like my life depends on it because I am held to lfty, unrealistic standards that no other sellers in the history of the hobby have been held to. One miss would be result in 100 people screaming, "See. All of Robo's books are restored".

so you do or do not pass multiple books that you have restored by CGC resto detection?

Have you such little faith in CGC's abilities to detect resto? I don't restore books and nobody can slide book after book past CGC's detection team. That's the best part of their service. They are the best. period. I'm a close second.

actually i don't know what to think. but i guess it makes sense that you wont answer the question straight.

Of course I will answer it straight. No. I don't slide restored books by CGC. No. I don't restore books, and No. I don't have a parade of restored submissions being returned on unrestored listings.

One, in fact, in the past 14 months. One in over 1500 books sold in the past 14 months was returned purple that was erroneously not disclosed, and a very inexpensive book at that. If only 200 of those were submitted, althought eh number is proabably closer to 500 as they average $500 per sale or more, that's 1 out of the last 200. Can any other raw seller of S.A. $100 and up books make the same claim?

clearly i have no idea whats going on here, but you did post this earlier:

"It's actually the other way around. Most buy raw high grade to submit.

And believe it or not, I've read it explained here right on CGC's forum that the only reason why the overwhelming majority of my submissions are returned with blue labels is because CGC is missing "my restoration work". "

Yeah, I tried to have him meet me at this small little con in Midtown at the Holiday Inn last March.

I thought there was one other time too. But that might have been when he was Richard Koos. I'm getting old, so it's getting easier to pull one over on me. :eek:

I thought there was one other time too. But that might have been when he was Richard Koos. I'm getting old, so it's getting easier to pull one over on me. :eek:

:foryou:

The # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

GL40CGC75.jpg

that is exactly what I expected you to say. And I cant tell from just a FC scan of the book. It may have indentations, foxing, who knows until you ask CGC why they graded it a 7.5 will you fully understand why a VF- grade was assigned.
just got off the phone with CGC and got the graders notes...

light creasing BR FC, light creasing top right FC....looks like above conics code stamp on left side, and last but not least a...... 2 1/4 inch light stain on the BACK COVER botton edge !!!

caveat emptor. buy a raw book from perry stroud/robojo33/danny dupcak/comic-kings/fantazia/person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag and you'll get a label like this back from CGC 99.9% of the time.

advertised as UNRESTORED 9.0 came back RESTORED 8.5 and TRIMMED:

supa.jpg

This is exactly what I was thinking. If your going to insist your not this person and that person, its a simple solution. Meet some of these members at one of the big cons. Clear yourself. Its that simple. Let everyone know who you are. Its easy. If I had books like you do to move, I would surley want the members of this board on my side and this would be a great place to sell the comics you have. I would want these people as friends, not enemies. If your that honest and trustworthy, I'm sure everyone hear would want to do business with you in a hearbeat. Dice is right, prove who you are!

DRX

Really, Wow scanning 20 to 30 books takes that much time? Wouldn't a nice scan give the buyer a better look at a book? It's not like you are milehigh with around 100,000 listings. Wouldn't a nice full on scan bring in heavier bidding? Or at least a digital camera shot that gives the viewer a straight on shot of the book and not one where the top of the book becomes a mystery. Is the time factor more that you don't want to spend the time photoshopping out the impurities?

The # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

GL40CGC75.jpg

just got off the phone with CGC and got the graders notes...

light creasing BR FC, light creasing top right FC....looks like above conics code stamp on left side, and last but not least a...... 2 1/4 inch light stain on the BACK COVER botton edge !!!

you know all there is to know, and I am guessing you know better than to post the BC scans as well. :makepoint:

This is exactly what I was thinking. If your going to insist your not this person and that person, its a simple solution. Meet some of these members at one of the big cons. Clear yourself. Its that simple. Let everyone know who you are. Its easy. If I had books like you do to move, I would surley want the members of this board on my side and this would be a great place to sell the comics you have. I would want these people as friends, not enemies. If your that honest and trustworthy, I'm sure everyone hear would want to do business with you in a hearbeat. Dice is right, prove who you are!

DRX

He's said he would several times, but never manages to follow through.

Kind of like someone who is afraid of who he is. I don't understand why he just doesn't man up since he's been caught more times with his Clark Kent hand in Superman's fudge.

What I had said wa that of two AS 129s in raw NM/MT I listed, one came back 9.8 and the other a 9.4 and based on side by side raw comparison, I thought the one that graded 9.4 was better than the one that graded 9.8. I made no mention of owning CGC BA 9.9s.

They were raw. And say what you like.

I have a running theory about Robojojo auctions.

You sell books with a very good return policy. If a book come back restored, you offer a refund and take the book back. You are IMO a gambling man as you take the chance that most people do not submit books, therefore increasing the odds of the return. They buy it, they like it, it goes away. If more people did submit your books I wonder how things would be.

But honestly I have seen your auctions in the past claiming raw books as 9.9's.