• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,316 posts in this topic

A boardie asked me for some comix to sign as Art was going to be in Toronto. He was kind enough to get one signed for me & send it back to CGC here in Sarasota.

Maus SS

:applause:

I tried to figure a way to get my set signed but couldn't find any opportunities listed online. I don't care about witnesses either, they're not getting slabbed.

Purchased an original painting ("...i rarley do canvas but i had one, paint markers, pastel and bic pen...") from my favorite modern Underground Comix artist Cameron Forsley up in San Francisco and he included some comix. Just wanted to recommend the "A Joe Story" comix (A Joe Story $10.. ,, 44 pages. Support true underground art. Ill mail them to u. Comment and txt (415)310-5965) if you haven't grabbed one yet as well as his 16th and Mission Comix series, it's beautiful work.

141349.jpg.5304f855e6f848f3012457d5412292a6.jpg

141350.jpg.6f6b6b302b68d9016fb821190a0d377b.jpg

I haven't bought a new old underground in years, but this copy of Promethean Enterprises #1 from 1969 caught my eye on ebay. It's got a cool textured cover that I hadn't realized. Sorry for the cropping, but it's too big for my scanner.

I still need a #2, but can wait for a cheaper copy than what's on ebay now.

promethean001_zps9e8eefe4.jpg

6 months since a post in this thread, let's get something going...

So this arrived yesterday.

According to the printer Moriaty, it's a true first print with the black ink flaw in the middle from Fat Freddy's head towards the railing and up. He had posted this info. a few years ago in another forum and I've been keeping my eyes out for one, well one finally appeared.

147520.jpg.8e2f39225a096ab1d5e6e3a4060a8bc0.jpg

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Gary Hallgren (currently he's at MAD) at a local show. I bought 100+ underground comics from his own personal collection as well as some original art. I could feel his heat strings breaking as I was going through the books I had just paid him for. He actually begged to get back 2 copies of Air Pirates 2. We worked that out. He told me all about the law suit and how he was actually one of the ones Disney went after and how they raised defense funds from friends etc. Anyways if you read National Lampoon back around 1984 you may remember Ice Cubey. The two episodes I bought in the deal from Gary, he drew, inked, lettered and also cut the ambers. They were in shrink, so I slit them open and got a fresh signature in the bottom right on each. I'd like to track down the exact issues these were in. I'm almost sure #72 from July 1984 may be one of them (not confirmed yet) Any help would be sweet. Here they are.

icecubey_zps74b4fd22.jpg

icecubey1_zps9dc80b33.jpg