• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

WOW...I've always wanted to find the "butcher" album at a garage sale...

Do you still have it or did you sell it?

I still have all those...at one point my collection of vinyl was around 8-10K albums...I worked in a record store, my internship was between two record stores, and this was when yard sales & flea markets were still a decent vein to mine. I sold 99% of them off after a period in my life when I was moving a lot and they were simply too big a pain in the to lug around/find space for.

I also picked up a box of about 500 Tops baseball cards, 1956-59 era...all the greats...great shape too. The guy wanted a buck each, and I said could you make a deal for the whole box? For some reason he said ok, two bucks for the box. Wish I still had those...

WOW...I've always wanted to find the "butcher" album at a garage sale...

Do you still have it or did you sell it?

I still have all those...at one point my collection of vinyl was around 8-10K albums...I worked in a record store, my internship was between two record stores, and this was when yard sales & flea markets were still a decent vein to mine. I sold 99% of them off after a period in my life when I was moving a lot and they were simply too big a pain in the to lug around/find space for.

I also picked up a box of about 500 Tops baseball cards, 1956-59 era...all the greats...great shape too. The guy wanted a buck each, and I said could you make a deal for the whole box? For some reason he said ok, two bucks for the box. Wish I still had those...

Sir, that is grand larceny. Your local DA is being contacted.

:baiting:

I was shocked to see this in a box at my local Fleamarket.

untitled.jpg

Holy *Spoon*!! Is that a Force #1 in there! I almost crapped myself. He only asked .25c for it too. I ran out of there giggling like a school girl. What a sucker he was.

I assembled a box of old books sitting unread in a box in my garage along with a short box of quarter bin comics in my closet down to the local used book store this weekend to get some in-store credit and came home with the following hardcovers below and a credit slip for $4.25 that was left over. Needless to say I was happy with the exchange :cloud9:

115927.jpg.c5f31215b40f359d08e63d78e7b66f63.jpg

I assembled a box of old books sitting unread in a box in my garage along with a short box of quarter bin comics in my closet down to the local used book store this weekend to get some in-store credit and came home with the following hardcovers below and a credit slip for $4.25 that was left over. Needless to say I was happy with the exchange :cloud9:

Man, looks like they pay well (on trade). Great Haul. I've put together literal boxes full of nice almost new and useful books (requiring a dolly to roll in), and get back like 13 dollars in trade and they refuse to itemize (so I never know which are worthless or how much I'm getting per each).

Man, looks like they pay well (on trade). Great Haul. I've put together literal boxes full of nice almost new and useful books (requiring a dolly to roll in), and get back like 13 dollars in trade and they refuse to itemize (so I never know which are worthless or how much I'm getting per each).

They do pay well in trade (but not in cash - they give out about 25% of their trade value in cash) - probably the best of any used bookstore I've ever visited anywhere. They pay a flat .25 each for any comics, so I usually take in a box of a couple hundred drek books and get $50 for 'em - which pays for two hardcovers (a trade I'll make all day long). The only thing they've ever rejected is 90's Image krud, which even they know is worthless lol - The thing is to be prepared and have a bunch of trade credit in hand for when they get in a batch of great stuff (like the hardcovers I got over the weekend) that way you don't have to run back home to get your box of stuff to take in (which I had to do since they had a good stack of stuff I wanted).

Is it half price books? I am looking to clear out a couple thousand 80s- 90s Marvel books.

No - I never had that kind of luck with Half Price Books (when I lived up in MN). They don't have any stores in Tucson either, unfortunately. It's an AZ chain (I think) who's business model is very similar to HPB (Bookman's - I'm sure you're familiar with them). You have to be patient though, because if you take in too many comics, they'll tell you they can't buy that many. A short box at a time is about right. If you showed up with two thousand comics, they'd probably turn you away (in my experience).

I did make the trek up to HPB in Phoenix once and their store was very unimpressive compared to the ones up in the Minneapolis area (poor selection, worse service). I haven't been back since.

Thanks, There is a Bookmans about 10 miles from me. I will have to give them a call. I've got runs of X-factor, Excalibre, X-men etc I would like to try and dump as well as others.

Edited by BrianR