• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Bought a 5,000+ collection from a storage unit write off in January (only just got round to posting some pics)

It had tons of duplication in, to start with, there were over a hundred of these...!!!

DSCF0103_zpsowebio6i.jpg

Spray paint them black.

Checked out an ad tonight. Sounded like some promising keys. Definitely a bit of a drive.

Quite disappointing and an odd encounter.

I always feel bad though so I bought one minor key.

Patrick

Checked out an ad tonight. Sounded like some promising keys. Definitely a bit of a drive.

Quite disappointing and an odd encounter.

I always feel bad though so I bought one minor key.

Patrick

ugh I know the feeling of that it always makes me feel like I'm disappointing or wasting their time

This morning I happened upon a very nice shop at a flea market that I don't frequent too often. I spotted a cobweb crusted container of old gumball prizes tucked away in a far corner. After asking if I could poke around in it... I found the wolf man pencil topper way down at the bottom. I then asked the shopkeeper if he had any old monster premiums... After rooting around a bit he dug out a small cigar box and BAM! There it was, an old monster flicker ring :o 1 buck for the ring and he threw in the pencil topper for free!!! It's getting harder and harder to find great deals on treasures like these in the wild. All in all, a monster of a find AND I made a new friend too! (thumbs u

BnwqElJ.jpg?1

This morning I happened upon a very nice shop at a flea market that I don't frequent too often. I spotted a cobweb crusted container of old gumball prizes tucked away in a far corner. After asking if I could poke around in it... I found the wolf man pencil topper way down at the bottom. I then asked the shopkeeper if he had any old monster premiums... After rooting around a bit he dug out a small cigar box and BAM! There it was, an old monster flicker ring :o 1 buck for the ring and he threw in the pencil topper for free!!! It's getting harder and harder to find great deals on treasures like these in the wild. All in all, a monster of a find AND I made a new friend too! (thumbs u

BnwqElJ.jpg?1

are those worth a lot?

I have never come across a plastic monster pencil topper like this one, I'm pretty familiar with the rubber ones that typically command roughly 5 bucks each. Now, some of the old 60's Universal Monsters & Famous Monsters of Filmland mailaway flicker rings command between $50-100 each! This one though, I'm thinking is more in the $10 range... Who knows (shrug) both pieces are for my personal collection anyhow... I'm just always blown away when I find stuff like this in the wild for a killer price.

I have never come across a plastic monster pencil topper like this one, I'm pretty familiar with the rubber ones that typically command roughly 5 bucks each. Now, some of the old 60's Universal Monsters & Famous Monsters of Filmland mailaway flicker rings command between $50-100 each! This one though, I'm thinking is more in the $10 range... Who knows (shrug) both pieces are for my personal collection anyhow... I'm just always blown away when I find stuff like this in the wild for a killer price.

I love finding a good deal :)

congrats on your find -- care to share some pictures of the other ones you have like it in your collection? How were these distributed-- directly or as prizes in products? they are pretty cool-- I've seen a ring or two before but not the monster eraser toppers.

Definitely cool items there! Its always great to come across Universal Monsters and FM memorabilia!

Some poor comic shop didn't know what they had today. Found all of these in their $3 boxes....

E2hLfGgh.jpg

:o