• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,869 posts in this topic

I'm going to a garage sale tomorrow morning at a church where a guy says he has 3000 comics all bagged and boarded and read once. They are his dupes and things he doesn't want anymore. All from 1985+ and a buck a book.

I expect to come home with very little. But what the heck.

Definitely get there early! There was a local ad for a guy selling about 3k books also a number of weeks back, but it was posted on very short notice and I was busy that morning and couldn't make it. He re-posted it again and had contacted me when I asked him if he would hold it again; I was writing a 6 hour exam that day so it was no chance. I did manage to go to his house and grabbed a couple books cheap, suicide squad, mid-grade death of reverse flash for $2. I asked him if he sold many and he said the first day of the sale someone bought hundreds of comics, and although some of his stuff was marked I doubt he would have been current on a number of coppers that have gone up and I'm sure that guy scooped up a ton of cheap books.

I'm going to a garage sale tomorrow morning at a church where a guy says he has 3000 comics all bagged and boarded and read once. They are his dupes and things he doesn't want anymore. All from 1985+ and a buck a book.

Very little meaning about 100 books? :grin:

It's probably 2999 copies of Spawn 1 and a Superman: Man of Steel 3.

I wouldn't complain spawn #1 is heating up :)

Yeah, every time I get some in they sell quick.

Very little meaning about 100 books? :grin:

It's probably 2999 copies of Spawn 1 and a Superman: Man of Steel 3.

I wouldn't complain spawn #1 is heating up :)

Yeah, every time I get some in they sell quick.

Nice yeah I believe because a movie is in the works or something like that

Took a long road-trip earlier today to get an old guitar amplifier of mine fixed by a really good regional amp tech (in preparation for a big recording session I have coming up later this summer).

While I was waiting on the repair, I wandered around town, lucked into a local comic store, and rolled home with these little gems for relatively light $$.

Ya never know what you might find "on the road"...

eternals1.jpg

machine-man1.jpg

human-fly1.jpg

shogun-warriors1.jpg

star-wars39.jpg

DC-Presents61.jpg

Craigslist purchase today. 50 cents per book

Most are only worth that, but some look pretty decent and worth the trip over to get them

0435CE97-8204-4300-8113-4CEBB240DD79_zpsyn553hnd.jpg

Not a ton of great stuff once I went through it, but some good reading material. And few decent books. Of course a Spawn #1 was in the box

7131EF17-3DA0-4B5A-8E44-AE4302B46484_zpsa5129sf4.jpg

Craigslist purchase today. 50 cents per book

Most are only worth that, but some look pretty decent and worth the trip over to get them

0435CE97-8204-4300-8113-4CEBB240DD79_zpsyn553hnd.jpg

Not a ton of great stuff once I went through it, but some good reading material. And few decent books. Of course a Spawn #1 was in the box

7131EF17-3DA0-4B5A-8E44-AE4302B46484_zpsa5129sf4.jpg

Well done Bill.

Bleh. Got up at 630 to thumb thru loads of high grade 90's drek. Bought 55 comics for 55 bucks. Mostly stuff to read, Trinity and a long run of Bendis Avengers. Oh well, cool covers.

Next!

Responded to a Craigslist ad today that said "Star Trek Poster Books For Sale" but had Star Wars comics pictured. A quick call & 15-minute drive later and it turned out better than expected. :)

18150886764_c77998cc3c_o.jpg

18587347119_a1628e0eca_o.jpg

18587346499_92db999be4_o.jpg

Chip your killing me, very nice :applause: