• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

No kidding, Jeff. I'd *love* to snag one of those one day. Killer playset!

I'm a very patient person and I bide my time positively believing that I will someday run into things like this. I used to be a "picker" for a toy dealer friend of mine and I used to shock her in what I would find in my searches. Some day I will run across one. I already found one of my grails for $10. A GS X-Men #1.

I also found me a new press at a yard sale for $25. :banana:

Happy hunting, Chip.

I don't think I've ever posted books in this thread, mostly because I rarely go to garage sales. flea markets, or Antique Malls. However, two Mondays ago, I had to go to a job site in a small town about an hour and a half northwest of Detroit. On the way up, right outside the small town, I noticed a store right on the road with candy, books, LPs, DVDs, and comics painted on the front. I figured I'd go in on the way back. For whatever reason, I didn't go in. Later that day, I was asked to go back to the site that Friday. This time, I went in after the site visit. I walked in the back door and shelves of comics were right there.

I started looking through them, and flipped through some of the worst 80s and 90s books I've ever seen. I'm talking about stuff I would have bought when they came out. They were that bad. Another rack was even worse, stuff from the 80s and 90s I'd never even seen before. I walked to the last rack around the corner, and it was more of the same. I looked through the top and middle racks and found nothing. However, on the bottom corner I saw some bronze Marvel westerns. These didn't fit in with anything else the store had, but a few were nice enough to get, even though they weren't even bagged.

I sold a few here, and I think one or two would at least tie for highest graded if they were submitted. Nothing earth shaking, but not a bad find.

Some of the nicer ones. The colors on these are fantastic. Some reprinted earlier issues and I think the coloring on the reprints were more bold than the original coloring.

011_zpsjrnml2tg.jpg

015_zpsf9l3y7nq.jpg

021_zpsf8u7tnb7.jpg

019_zpsliv1cwhx.jpg

018_zpsybhv1cml.jpg

013_zpsmg5cubwh.jpg

I wonder if there will ever be a time were western comics become all the rage.

I'm not sure. It would be interesting if even ten collectors went after high grade bronze Marvel westerns. They seem to be really tough to find in high grade. I wonder how many would, or could, come out of the woodwork.

Was traveling a lot again over the past few days. Very busy, saw four collections. Made some very interesting deals. One nice deal got finalized, been working on it for over a month. One piece. :):cloud9:

But the next location was one of the few times I feared for my safety. The guy had just gotten out of prison, was lot of screaming and yelling in one of the trailers on the property. These was some crazy screaming meth head girl, no power or running water. Lots of rat droppings and looked like a homeless hang out. Super nasty. He had a thousands of old sci-fi magazines and paperbacks. But it wasn't worth it endangering my life for it. I left quickly. :sick:

Another location was a collection of 23 thousand crappy picked over modern comics. Picked up enough to pay for gas an a little more. :(

The forth location got to cherry pick a few things: :)

Conan 1

GL 87

JLA 75

Detective 411

Hulk 141

Superman 233

Dr Strange 169

Marvel Heroes 13

Edited by Rip

Last night's flash flooding here in central MD (but not in our basement for a change, even though we spent all day on Sat prepping for it!) threatened to derail the annual Father's Day flea market/antique mall run with my daughter today, but we made it after all.

We've been doing this for at least the past 8 years or so, and I'd have to say that today was easily one of the best trips ever: good weather, good food, no crowds, and LOTS of comics to pick through.

My haul is pictured below. Plenty of good reading, and a few minor keys, too:

6-21-A.jpg

6-21-B.jpg

6-21-C.jpg

6-21-D.jpg

Also found a few VERY cheap undergrounds, which I don't see all that often in the wild...

6-21-E.jpg

..and here are a few cool dollar-box books which were almost, kinda-sorta in grade (astonishing, really, given that none of them were bagged or boarded):

6-21-1.jpg

6-21-2.jpg

6-21-3.jpg

And finally, a (non-comic) Father's Day gift to myself -- an original G.I. Joe Adventure Team "Secret Agent" set from the early 1970s (with a few extras, too)...all that's missing from the original set is the instruction sheet for the brief-case:

6-21-F.jpg

A good time was had by all!

Not a flea market or a Garage sale find but more of a I didn't know I had that moment.

I went to my storage locker to look up for my copy of Red Son and While going through boxes I found I had the Punisher LTD series, Secret war (1st Quake) and 2 copies of Amazing spider man 361 362 363