• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Back from the CL meeting.

Got about 100 comics in all. Mostly decent runs of late bronze, early copper Marvel titles.

These were the best of the lot. Worth the drive over for sure. :)

9F30982F-4D80-40F8-A1B5-5AA833DAD5CF_zpsgaoxskkg.jpg

FC53124C-B35D-4FAD-89B4-BE530CC65EC3_zps59bz5e03.jpg

50FD5D59-C8FB-4659-8627-C645924710DE_zpsuzfspzbo.jpg

Found this down in a flea market in Va. from the 50's

102_5778_zps0bz2e9gn.jpg

Great find! Now the real treat is to find the actual original six-bottle case with the Terry comic still fasten around the bottles. That would make a good conversation point in your "man cave" room. (thumbs u

Back from the CL meeting.

Got about 100 comics in all. Mostly decent runs of late bronze, early copper Marvel titles.

These were the best of the lot. Worth the drive over for sure. :)

9F30982F-4D80-40F8-A1B5-5AA833DAD5CF_zpsgaoxskkg.jpg

FC53124C-B35D-4FAD-89B4-BE530CC65EC3_zps59bz5e03.jpg

50FD5D59-C8FB-4659-8627-C645924710DE_zpsuzfspzbo.jpg

You've been on quite the spree lately :)

The JLA protest cover is one of my favorites.

That copy on eBay is ridiculous (grade, not price, that may very well be fair but just more than I'm interested in investing in this particular quest). I'm perfectly happy with the copy I got for $25.

also-- have you figured out what the other book in the drawer is-- on the left, partially exposed

Yes, but I haven't chased it since it is so obscured. I may go after it now that I have slain this particular dragon.

DSC_0424%20(Large).JPG

DSC_0425%20(Large).JPG

I wish you much luck on the new quest and congrats on finding the test pilot little book.

Have you considered going after the various toys etc and try to recreate the entire drawer? I bet RobotMan has most of that stuff.

Found this down in a flea market in Va. from the 50's

102_5778_zps0bz2e9gn.jpg

Great find! Now the real treat is to find the actual original six-bottle case with the Terry comic still fasten around the bottles. That would make a good conversation point in your "man cave" room. (thumbs u

That kid looks completely evil and demented.

Why does the artist draw an extra set of nostrils at the top of their noses?

Still cool though

Picked up a couple handfuls of stuff the last few days, nothing too exciting. I won't bother with the usual copper/modern finds, but here are a couple promo pieces that I thought were neat:

IMG_0217_zpsximksr38.jpg

IMG_0215_zpslrvrreoo.jpg

IMG_0216_zpscphtj8zx.jpg

I thought these were prints, turns out they are from a calendar - 2008:

IMG_0219_zpsr7jhum5h.jpg

IMG_0220_zpsauzozar9.jpg

IMG_0221_zpssacbcrhf.jpg

I got two of these promo posters for Evanier's Kirby book:

IMG_0218_zpsq5ocovgz.jpg

And last but not least, I can't pass up Golden Age books for a buck or less so long as they are complete! Very beat, but complete!

IMG_0192_zpsmjkpzgku.jpg

That copy on eBay is ridiculous (grade, not price, that may very well be fair but just more than I'm interested in investing in this particular quest). I'm perfectly happy with the copy I got for $25.

also-- have you figured out what the other book in the drawer is-- on the left, partially exposed

Yes, but I haven't chased it since it is so obscured. I may go after it now that I have slain this particular dragon.

DSC_0424%20(Large).JPG

DSC_0425%20(Large).JPG

I wish you much luck on the new quest and congrats on finding the test pilot little book.

Have you considered going after the various toys etc and try to recreate the entire drawer? I bet RobotMan has most of that stuff.

I like the BLBs as they're similar to comics and thus close enough to my usual collecting to be interesting. It'd be fun to put the drawer together, but that'd end up just being more stuff out of my focus I'd have to find space for. Sadly I already have plenty in that category to fuss with.

IMG_0215_zpslrvrreoo.jpg

IMG_0216_zpscphtj8zx.jpg

I've got this, and I have no idea where it came from lol

I have the Amazing Spiderman pop up book. Also cant remember where I got it from but think someone gave it to me as a gift.

That must be where mine came from as well.

I see it has "#2 X-Men" on the top left. How many are there? Was the Spider-Man pop-up #1? Any information about who made these if not Marvel?

never mind-- here is that information: https://www.librarything.com/series/Marvel+True+Believers+Retro+Character+Collection+Pop-Ups

Edited by 01TheDude

I went and talked to someone yesterday about buying a rather large collection and had some time to kill afterwards so I decided to head to an antique shop/mall that was nearby that I don't get to much and do some box searching. It has a huge back issue drek selection of around 30 long boxes or so for .50 a book and was able to find these.....

IMG_2093.jpg

It also has several comic dealers that usually have some good books to look through and was able to buy these......Another fun day of searching through boxes :whee:

IMG_2097.jpg

Edited by fiberbiskit

I have the spiderman pop up as I said , and also have the Stan Lee Amazing Marvel Universe book that talks while you read it. Was $50 when it came out. Now a $1.99 at Barnes and Noble.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2671552816241?r=1&kpid=2671552816241&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_45Up-_-Q000000633-_-2671552816241

<a  href=Book1_zps8ukcxlyr.jpg' alt='Book1_zps8uk