• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

I am so tired of drooling over your scores (not that I haven't had mine, but it has been at least a year), i got a heads up from a neighbor that another neighbor 3 blocks away was having a yardsale and they had 200 or so comics (and a bunch of other stuff, of course). yes, they could be junk, but nowadays even a smattering of random 1990s books could result in a few gems if they haven't been cherry picked, so it's worth looking.

i tried to contact the neighbor to swing by on saturday and check them out before they went public on sunday, but my email was ignored.

anyway, on sunday i waddle over to the house, 10 a.m. sharp and I see like 35-40 people waiting outside the house. I sign outside said "Tags by __" It turns out the neighbor had hired a professional tag sale organizer. Anyway, people got numbers and they were only letting 10 people into the house at once. At that point I said F-it and went home as there is no way anything good would have survived 3-4 rounds of professional tag sale buyers and it was unlikely a tag sale organizer would let anything look upable on ebay sell for too much below FMV.

Oh well, I gave it a shot, but I didn't want to spend 30+ minutes in the cold waiting outside to likely be disappointed. Plus, I only had about $40 in my pocket and my guess is that at a tag sale you might have to buy the whole box.

The fourth Sunday is usually a little slim for flea markets out here. There are two or three small ones. Most of the time I just sleep in and try and do things a "normal" person does on Sunday. But I felt inspired today and went out. First one didn't net much a small pile of OK Bronze and more modern semi keys cheap. But the second one was the money shot.

I picked up this late 1940's/early 1950's Donald Duck advertising piece. This is about 10" round. They call these "buttons" because they are cello like regular pinback buttons just much larger. It has a cord hanger and an easel on back for display in a store. This one was un-used. The lady I got it from thought it was recent and new. Only one I've ever had. Sleep is overrated!

donaldducksoftdrinksbutton_zpsfstkoee7.jpg