• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,848 posts in this topic

7 cents a book

:takeit:

oh heck yea - said most were bagged and boarded too? - probably mostly moderns - but you could snag out anything of real value - separate in to $1 and $0.50 piles - flip for quick. The rest go to "half price books" the next weekend and get rid of the rest.

I went to a large estate auction today. They had a few hundred longboxes (I got one that was someones random "S" box, some reader Star Wars and a few Suicide Squad 48s in there) and then had this stuff as well

CaahJv3VIAIz0ve.jpg

CaahJukUAAIslKD.jpg

49 copies in all. Some had condition issues but they were auctioned one after the other regardless. I got one.

CaahGvUUcAAywwB.jpgCaahGvuUcAE7Idi.jpgCaahGwtUYAA9Ke5.jpgCaahGxPUYAAoFzi.jpgCaahDxlUAAEueDr.jpg

one of those is signed on the cover by Todd (apparently)

CaahDyjUkAE5u7L.jpg

Got two of those.

CaahDzbUMAAtzak.jpg

CaahA_DUUAAfvJa.jpgCaahA_HVAAAi6ol.jpg

CaahA_jUkAELxRH.jpg

CaahA-5UAAYeyHd.jpg

That is 23 copies of IG 1

I was going to go for a longbox of Simonson FF but it got late and they were still 45 minutes away probably. There was a nice box with early Black Panther issues as well.

I bid on the TMNT shortbox but the house guy outbid me. Same thing with a nice box of GNs that included a MGN4 New Mutants that had a good shot at 9.8, Triumph and Torment, that type of thing including 6 copies, 3 HC and 3 SC, of Batman and Me by Bob Kane.

The Gambit issues (the Annual and 266) were paired and went for around $90 but I passed on those. There were some nice buys, 2nd and 3rd print TMNT 1, 1st print TMNT 2-4, all for under $50 each.

Fun, but I have a headache.

I went to a large estate auction today. They had a few hundred longboxes (I got one that was someones random "S" box, some reader Star Wars and a few Suicide Squad 48s in there) and then had this stuff as well

CaahJv3VIAIz0ve.jpg

CaahJukUAAIslKD.jpg

49 copies in all. Some had condition issues but they were auctioned one after the other regardless. I got one.

CaahGvUUcAAywwB.jpgCaahGvuUcAE7Idi.jpgCaahGwtUYAA9Ke5.jpgCaahGxPUYAAoFzi.jpgCaahDxlUAAEueDr.jpg

one of those is signed on the cover by Todd (apparently)

CaahDyjUkAE5u7L.jpg

Got two of those.

CaahDzbUMAAtzak.jpg

CaahA_DUUAAfvJa.jpgCaahA_HVAAAi6ol.jpg

CaahA_jUkAELxRH.jpg

CaahA-5UAAYeyHd.jpg

That is 23 copies of IG 1

I was going to go for a longbox of Simonson FF but it got late and they were still 45 minutes away probably. There was a nice box with early Black Panther issues as well.

I bid on the TMNT shortbox but the house guy outbid me. Same thing with a nice box of GNs that included a MGN4 New Mutants that had a good shot at 9.8, Triumph and Torment, that type of thing including 6 copies, 3 HC and 3 SC, of Batman and Me by Bob Kane.

The Gambit issues (the Annual and 266) were paired and went for around $90 but I passed on those. There were some nice buys, 2nd and 3rd print TMNT 1, 1st print TMNT 2-4, all for under $50 each.

Fun, but I have a headache.

Looks awesome

Looks awesome

One guy bought the first dozen or so NM98s for about $400 each after all fees and tax were added! Then the house guy bought 10-15 of them as well at about $375. The first guy bought a bunch of the other keys as well.

The What If #1s went for $25 for the pair.

Looks awesome

One guy bought the first dozen or so NM98s for about $400 each after all fees and tax were added! Then the house guy bought 10-15 of them as well at about $375. The first guy bought a bunch of the other keys as well.

The What If #1s went for $25 for the pair.

Oof. Hope they grade out for them!

How much did the rest of the books go for

Like the Wizard 1s

Xforce 2s

Etx

No one wanted the Wizard 1s, he "sold" the lot for $10 + juice to the himself. That stack of X-Force 2s was one lot, as were the boxes of ASM 362 ans 363.

The ASM 300s went for $240 or so after juice and the ASM 129 that was intact was $850 I think. They get good prices, or the house just buys them.

I did not stay for the box lots in those pictures, it was 5:30 by the time the last glass case finished and there were a few tables of longboxes left. One box has 20 or so Sleepwalker 1s and 2 Star Wars 2s and a 107 but not great condition.

I got one longbox, a NM98, a Squirrel Girl (Marvel Super Heroes V2 #8 to be exact I think), and 2 ASM 361s. They may all get slabbed, maybe some of the Suicide Squad 48s as well.

Edited by Bird