• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,870 posts in this topic

so - around 500 mixed silver and bronze - condition between g and fn/vf -average around VG

Lots of random books - but well worthwhile.

any Chicago area boardies - the seller had a lot of adult mags as well - I have no idea of how to value - 60s playboy and such - pm and I can get you in touch

Turntables? As I understand it the correct ratio is 2:1 vs microphones.

lol

lol

see it now....

so - the owner said about 600 non dc/marvel but I think they underestimated - I have 2 full long boxes and another shortbox. (no bag and board) 80% archies the rest a mix of Charlton, gold key and cartoon books.

The marvel/dc- not a lot of consistency in the titles- but some decent random stuff.

A good lot for show selling.

went to a garage sale that advertised "5000+ comics" As you all know, that usually means a small stack of drek. Well...this time it was understated. There were books everywhere in boxes. Some actual long boxes and some just boxes that "sort of" fit books. It was a mix of modern junk with bronze. A lot of it not bagged so condition not the best. The sale started at 7am and others had been there, but there was SO much to look through and little space in the room to do it. I dont think there was anything huge in there, but i did pull a few things i thought were interesting. I am not familiar enough with modern to know it all.

He is looking to move everything but seems like too big a task. Apparently the story was someone owed him money and gave him the collection. He said he knew some about books but not too much. I may go back tomorrow to spend some real time going through everything. At .50 a book it is worth the effort.

Here is what I got for a grand total of $6

Only bought these because my wife and I watch the show...thought she would want to see them

EA134305-12FF-4DF3-8F8A-9F223EFEF071_zpssthvnwep.jpg

Thought this was something...its not

40ECFB88-3784-4622-B2F3-C7EFE46A8858_zpsbkmjaptq.jpg

Was worth a shot for .50

01FC197F-3AC3-4FFE-BB48-1628E07318D4_zpshp0zn4xz.jpg

one of my favorite TBPs. I dont know where my copy is so ill be reading this for the 100th time

4902112C-A6F8-48EA-97A0-CC1682F1D62A_zps5r8ondu5.jpg

Another worth a shot for .50

63C990D9-8B15-4F35-9495-6C158AB9F35E_zpswpceyklx.jpg

Couldn't resist these and the Wonder Woman Famous First apparently sells ok

1C00DCCF-B62C-4DC8-BFA1-DF288BF29D19_zpsvmfmcznu.jpg

0a657550-8853-4a00-bb43-a6be2ce5c36d_zpspddmyc2a.jpg

And this is a really nice copy amazingly enough

09CEFADD-1FD5-41D2-8C12-D9F67C85C601_zpsj5xyizdk.jpg

Again $6 total so why not!

Edited by Mdube16

I love that Astonishing Spider-Man Treasury. I still have mine which I bought new at Lindau drug store in Sylvania Ohio back in the day. Ended up hunting down the MTU #4 later in life because of it. Last year I bought a reader copy of the Treasury size for my nephew at C2E2.

A friend tipped me off to a personal property auction going down yesterday. Mostly tools, cars and military stuff, but there was a smattering of comics. Highlight was. Sgt Fury 1, around 2.0. I was good up to $150, but dropped out thereafter. It closed at $275 I believe.

The rest of the books went in lots. Nothing mind blowing, but I was happy to pick these up at a good price.

10pc5mp.jpg

Also picked up an assortment of mostly westerns, which I really just wanted for the Kirby Kid Colts.

f4gvx5.jpg

Also picked up this Mickey Mouse tea cup and saucer from the 30's, because, hey, why not?

1jn61l.jpg

After the auction, I headed out to the flea market. Picked up an assortment of things (didn't pay the sticker prices, obviously)

k2d9w7.jpg

And a few random dollar box pickups.

161mgk8.jpg

And some Muggs!

2isxtte.jpg

So, nothing mindblowing, but still a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

Swamp Thing #9 cover is one of my favorites. I did a re-creation when I was 14. (Crayons and pen on cardboard... lol) Love Wrightson's work and wish he'd make it back to Motor City some day.

sw2.jpg

Swamp Thing #9 cover is one of my favorites. I did a re-creation when I was 14. (Crayons and pen on cardboard... lol) Love Wrightson's work and wish he'd make it back to Motor City some day.

sw2.jpg

At 14, that's crazy :applause:

k2d9w7.jpg

And a few random dollar box pickups.

That cerebus 2 though :cloud9:

Yeah, I was pretty happy with that one! It's only around Fine, but you don't see it every day, for sure. He also had 3-7 or so, but the 3 was a lot pricier. May swing by and see if he has it next month. I love those oversized early issues!

sw2.jpg

At 14, that's crazy :applause:

Agreed, it looks great, and you definitely had great taste for that age as well!