• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

great. tiny hands though. is he running for president?

Trust me, he's talked to all the best people about the size of Swamp Thing's hands, and everybody agrees, they're yuge. His hands are the greatest hands, and they're going to do great things. Just watch. You're going to get tired of how many great things those hands do.

last one for now -

lots of ok books - no real keys ( but a lot of teasing, lol)

9A8BBAA3-0762-400C-AFCD-F38B2E6C0B2E.jpg

I put all these in the tubs so they would be easier for the next buyer to go thru them. When I got there they were all strewn about and in complete disarray. I also left all the issues in your post so he would have a better chance of moving them all to one buyer. Thanks for being that guy. The seller is a great kid who's way over his head having to sell his grandparents entire houseful of stuff. His grandfather was a barber and these are all barbershop copies. You got a good buy but also helped out the family.

I did buy three books - Playboy 6, AS 121 and JO 134.

great. tiny hands though. is he running for president?

Trust me, he's talked to all the best people about the size of Swamp Thing's hands, and everybody agrees, they're yuge. His hands are the greatest hands, and they're going to do great things. Just watch. You're going to get tired of how many great things those hands do.

lol

Nothing too fancy, but I'm glad that yard sale season is starting. A few issues of Thanos and a bunch of other books at $1 each. The 3 "Secret Origin" issues are really cool, still bagged with the candy from 1980.

YardSale-2016-03-20a.jpg

YardSale-2016-03-20b.jpg

Thanos books tho :cloud9:

I was at a flea market today, in south Florida. A guy had over 500 books. $3 to $5 each. Probably 200 Archie books, from various titles. I had no idea of value so, I picked out 8 I liked for $30 He let me pick out any 1 book for free. I chose the Dell horse book for my wife.

DSCF8325.jpg

Well I finally got me one! I've never had a big hit at an antique mall / flea market after 5 years of hunting until yesterday. On the way down to Virginia with my wife to see our new 5 week old nephew and visit the family for Easter, decided to stop at an antique mall I've never been to before around the halfway point in Pennsylvania. Found a few nice books and one great book! It can happen. keep the hunt alive and be patient like the wise ones on these forums keep preaching (looking at you Robot Man!). Will be hitting up my regular antique mall in VA on Monday hopefully will have some more finds to show you guys.

D8z0RXKl.jpg

veTSx0sl.jpg

K9gxSkXl.jpg

K9gxSkXl.jpg

:applause: That looks really nice! Is it as sweet as it looks in the pic?

It is definitely sweet but not defect free there are some small flaws like a small non colour breaking crease on the bottom right corner, a bigger non colour breaking crease near robin but almost invisible, a couple micro tears at the staple edges and the back could use a dry clean but it's still great to look at. I might take a higher resolution shot when I get home next week and see what people say in the grading forum.

I picked these up yesterday morning at the north OKC Vintage Stock store during their Easter weekend BOGO sale. Cherry picked a shortbox full for about $115 and got the following books and a Batman Classic #401 So Much Fun variant all for about $20:

IMG_20160325_203821821_zps9npfqzjn.jpg

IMG_20160325_212037439_zpswitvl5th.jpg

IMG_20160326_095735127_zpsnijfy7qv.jpg

IMG_20160325_220210661_zps49mt72zp.jpg

Well, this was a fortuitous day as far as garage sales go. I actually HAD a garage sale today, for the first time ever. I have so much stuff that I figured I'd sort through my boxes of unsorted mess while sitting out there waiting on people to show. I have one monster box (like 4'x4'x2') full of sports cards that I haven't looked through in about 3 years, so that was one of the big projects of the day to muddle through it all.

Not only did I do well selling the regular junk at the garage sale...I found these :

25454672523_cfbea52479_o.jpg

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Well, this was a fortuitous day as far as garage sales go. I actually HAD a garage sale today, for the first time ever. I have so much stuff that I figured I'd sort through my boxes of unsorted mess while sitting out there waiting on people to show. I have one monster box (like 4'x4'x2') full of sports cards that I haven't looked through in about 3 years, so that was one of the big projects of the day to muddle through it all.

Not only did I do well selling the regular junk at the garage sale...I found these :

25454672523_cfbea52479_o.jpg

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

That Gerald Henderson is nice!