• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

This thread always makes my day, many congrats to all the finds!

Recent CL response for some FOOM mags led to a mini haul of cool stuff. Had met the seller a couple yrs ago at a show; he liked to get the first/early issues of an artist's/actor's work and get sigs on them and photos of the signing. Bought Steranko's History of Comics last yr from another of his ads. Asked if he had anymore items he was selling and well... the pics are what I picked out. Great time talking comics/art and made a new collector friend.

June202016201_zpskzdmglol.jpg

June202016204_zpslqt6vq9b.jpg

June202016203_zpspxoqmqnz.jpg

June202016202_zpsbctbp4ao.jpg

Next group was from a friend's collection (we met at an estate sale so kinda ties in with the thread). Love some GA books!

-_zps6nwckgo8.jpg

Edited by Half-Gringo

Recent CL response for some FOOM mags led to a mini haul of cool stuff. Had met the seller a couple yrs ago at a show; he liked to get the first/early issues of an artist's/actor's work and get sigs on them and photos of the signing. Bought Steranko's History of Comics last yr from another of his ads. Asked if he had anymore items he was selling and well... the pics are what I picked out. Great time talking comics/art and made a new collector friend.

Next group was from a friend's collection (we met at an estate sale so kinda ties in with the thread). Love some GA books!

-_zps6nwckgo8.jpg

That Art Adams cover is the only copper piece Im missing from his 80s repertoire

2ni7foj.jpg

Looks like you picked up a lot of nice books :applause:

Thanks, it was fun! Here's the Craigslist pic that made me want to drive 2 hours for them:

24zxe2s.jpg

That's a drool worthy load of books. Looks like you did well. Makes you wonder what the guy before you got though...

-_zps6nwckgo8.jpg

Wow, a friend indeed to let you walk away with that group of books!

I love looking at this thread on Monday to see what my fellow geeks scored. It's easily my favorite thread in General.

I too went "junking" yesterday morning. Not a lot and no comics this time but I still went home happy for very little money.

Beautiful 1930's Popeye game that had been buried in a box in the garage for over 50 years I was told.

popeyegame_zpsss1ou9ah.jpg

A few very cheap pulps as well.

pulpstrangestories2_zps6vj84hn2.jpg

pulpplanet12_zpsxt4aleit.jpg

pulpphantomdetective_zpswnk5eppu.jpg

pulpjunglewinter_zpsrveig09x.jpg

2ni7foj.jpg

Thanks, it was fun! Here's the Craigslist pic that made me want to drive 2 hours for them:

24zxe2s.jpg

That's a drool worthy load of books. Looks like you did well. Makes you wonder what the guy before you got though...

There was a comic shop owner looking through them at the same time I was and we both pulled a stack. I got there before he did, but it was at start time on the second day of the sale.

I love looking at this thread on Monday to see what my fellow geeks scored. It's easily my favorite thread in General.

I too went "junking" yesterday morning. Not a lot and no comics this time but I still went home happy for very little money.

Beautiful 1930's Popeye game that had been buried in a box in the garage for over 50 years I was told.

popeyegame_zpsss1ou9ah.jpg

A few very cheap pulps as well.

pulpstrangestories2_zps6vj84hn2.jpg

pulpplanet12_zpsxt4aleit.jpg

pulpphantomdetective_zpswnk5eppu.jpg

pulpjunglewinter_zpsrveig09x.jpg

Wow cool Popeye game! (thumbs u

reverse flash post...I have someone coming now in response to a craigslist ad I posted to sell 11 longboxes. I got three relatively quick responses, two of whom said they would take them without looking. This guy was first and is driving an hour. I don't expect much hassle but that is what worries me.

I have more than enough to do this again immediately should he take them.

well, his car overheated, he cannot get here, can I meet him...all red flags. So I brought my wife along!

$400 for 11 longboxes, all volume no keys or semi-keys - JLE, JLI, PWJ, FF, Cable, Nomad, Namor, Alpha Flight, Titans up the yin-yang, that type of stuff. I longbox, maybe 1.5 was unbagged. I longbox Image, Cyberforce but also Brigade, Shadowhawk, Youngblood. Not much Valiant but a nice Bloodshot 8 was in there. 1 shortbox of Classics Ill. some mags and esoterica.

It seemed a good deal for us both - he got bagged and boarded comics at $35 or so a box and I moved most of the lower end stuff that had been accumulating. If Strike Force Morituri hits big good for him. I needed to move bulk and make some room. Now I am in the black easily on the collections I have purchased and still have boxes and boxes of more interesting stuff. Hard to sell 4 issues of Robotech whatever, but it is the more interesting stuff.

I may use craigslist again to move bulk. This was the first time and it went well, assuming I never hear from him again.

well, his car overheated, he cannot get here, can I meet him...all red flags. So I brought my wife along!

$400 for 11 longboxes, all volume no keys or semi-keys - JLE, JLI, PWJ, FF, Cable, Nomad, Namor, Alpha Flight, Titans up the yin-yang, that type of stuff. I longbox, maybe 1.5 was unbagged. I longbox Image, Cyberforce but also Brigade, Shadowhawk, Youngblood. Not much Valiant but a nice Bloodshot 8 was in there. 1 shortbox of Classics Ill. some mags and esoterica.

It seemed a good deal for us both - he got bagged and boarded comics at $35 or so a box and I moved most of the lower end stuff that had been accumulating. If Strike Force Morituri hits big good for him. I needed to move bulk and make some room. Now I am in the black easily on the collections I have purchased and still have boxes and boxes of more interesting stuff. Hard to sell 4 issues of Robotech whatever, but it is the more interesting stuff.

I may use craigslist again to move bulk. This was the first time and it went well, assuming I never hear from him again.

I need some issues of Robotech. Hook me up.

Hi there, just wanted to say thank you again for the sweet deal. Was nice meeting you and the wifey. And thanks for the BA12!!

Hi there, just wanted to say thank you again for the sweet deal. Was nice meeting you and the wifey. And thanks for the BA12!!

No sweat. Aren't those "Adventures" comics some sort of little kids comics? What evs, with my Robotech Swimsuit Spectacluar I am spectacular myself!

lol

2ni7foj.jpg

24zxe2s.jpg

I was there when the doors opened. No comment on what he had. :grin: