• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

2ni7foj.jpg

Looks like you picked up a lot of nice books :applause:

Thanks, it was fun! Here's the Craigslist pic that made me want to drive 2 hours for them:

24zxe2s.jpg

That's a drool worthy load of books. Looks like you did well. Makes you wonder what the guy before you got though...

I was there when the doors opened. No comment on what he had. :grin:

Burn the witch.

One thing I do know about these comics, is they aren't one owner OO books. It turns out I know the guy who sold them, I've been to many auctions over the past 18 years or so that he also attended. Although auction rivals, we've always got along. He also knows my dad from auctions and has always been friendly with him. He told me these were the accumulation of hard to sell items (eBay) over many years. If there was anything really good, he would know... But he may be unaware of the books that became hot over the last few years. He knows comics but may not be current.

One thing I do know about these comics, is they aren't one owner OO books. It turns out I know the guy who sold them, I've been to many auctions over the past 18 years or so that he also attended. Although auction rivals, we've always got along. He also knows my dad from auctions and has always been friendly with him. He told me these were the accumulation of hard to sell items (eBay) over many years. If there was anything really good, he would know... But he may be unaware of the books that became hot over the last few years. He knows comics but may not be current.

We talked for quite a while. Good guy. Didn't know much about some of the newer stuff but it sounds like he picked up a lot of great books over the years. He stated he had quite a few Timelys that if another party didn't want them he'd give me a ring.. :wishluck:

Went to Wonderfest this weekend. It's one of the world's largest sci-fi/fantasy model kit conventions. I can't build or paint a model to save my life, but I still enjoy attending. Every once in a while I'll get lucky and someone will have some comics. This year only two guys had any comics at all, but I did manage to grab the suddenly hot Marvel Two-in-One along with the Marvel Presents for just $2.

Mark Schultz was also there, and as always, he is a super nice and awesome dude. Got to look through some of his originals, my god, beautiful stuff. I didn't have that much money on me, so I had to settle for a couple of prints. All in all a fun show this year.

2s93y83.jpg

Here's a really interesting vintage Batman knockoff that I picked up the other week. I have already sold it, but since it is so unusual I thought I would share it here.

162905.jpg.39ebacaec0cb61021b65a4ae5d6a25e9.jpg

I got a call-back today from a garage sale I went to Friday. It was a multi-family, and the comics they listed were removed by the time I got there after work. I left my name and never thought I would hear back from the owners.

In short, they had a lot more than the one box they brought to the sale.

No major keys, but plenty of minor ones. I was pretty stoked. :banana:

DSCN3904.jpg

DSCN3905.jpg

Only the SS books in the bookcases and two of the short boxes in the corner weren't part of the buy.

I got a call-back today from a garage sale I went to Friday. It was a multi-family, and the comics they listed were removed by the time I got there after work. I left my name and never thought I would hear back from the owners.

In short, they had a lot more than the one box they brought to the sale.

No major keys, but plenty of minor ones. I was pretty stoked. :banana:

DSCN3904.jpg

DSCN3905.jpg

Only the SS books in the bookcases and two of the short boxes in the corner weren't part of the buy.

:o OMG I would love to go through those, you lucky dog. Congrats :applause:

My first "stealth" buy at a garage sale! No it's not a huge score, but I'm still pleased. Not in the best condition but a good find for $1 right?

6193_900.jpg

Pfff you should have got that for 40 cents ;)

well, his car overheated, he cannot get here, can I meet him...all red flags. So I brought my wife along!

$400 for 11 longboxes, all volume no keys or semi-keys - JLE, JLI, PWJ, FF, Cable, Nomad, Namor, Alpha Flight, Titans up the yin-yang, that type of stuff. I longbox, maybe 1.5 was unbagged. I longbox Image, Cyberforce but also Brigade, Shadowhawk, Youngblood. Not much Valiant but a nice Bloodshot 8 was in there. 1 shortbox of Classics Ill. some mags and esoterica.

It seemed a good deal for us both - he got bagged and boarded comics at $35 or so a box and I moved most of the lower end stuff that had been accumulating. If Strike Force Morituri hits big good for him. I needed to move bulk and make some room. Now I am in the black easily on the collections I have purchased and still have boxes and boxes of more interesting stuff. Hard to sell 4 issues of Robotech whatever, but it is the more interesting stuff.

I may use craigslist again to move bulk. This was the first time and it went well, assuming I never hear from him again.

I need some issues of Robotech. Hook me up.

Don't think I forgot about you! Feast your eyes on this all-too-familiar speculator scene, random #1s without the follow up issues!

Ckr7EfLXAAAteU4.jpg

Comics are fun. I responded to an ad today about 34 longboxes, 5000 comics.

Edited by Bird