• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

the description of how the books were bagged reminds me of a fellow collector I knew when I was a kid in the south suburbs of Chicago. He used produce bags from the store with tape to fit the overlap behind the books. His name was Bill M. -- would be crazy small-world like if they were his books. Of course-- it was probably something many did back then.

It sounded like the son came up with his storage method after inheriting the books. Their last name starts with H, and we're in Louisiana. The books he left unbagged like all of the superman are in much better shape than any he placed in produce bags as far as color and page quality go.

It sounded like the son came up with his storage method after inheriting the books. Their last name starts with H, and we're in Louisiana. The books he left unbagged like all of the superman are in much better shape than any he placed in produce bags as far as color and page quality go.

That is just perfect...the ol' "I took real good care of these ones here".

This has been way more work than I expected for such a small collection. The collection was probably close to 1000 books. I took out all of the ones I want to sell myself and placed the rest in a box that I am selling tomorrow for a bulk rate. There's around 350 that I kept judging by the number of packs of bags and boards I used. This was a very long process because books were either unbagged, in a ziploc, or (for the majority) placed in these weird produce bags and taped up. The bags and tape were so old that it was hard to open, especially with this many books, so I ended up carefully ripping them open from the middle. Thankfully this went off without a hitch.

Here's the other books from that collection. Placed it in spoiler tags because the photos are large. The post-its are for my notes for condition issues.

ASM 8 through 130, not many missing between 20 and 60 but theres a lot of gaps between 60 and 90, then hardly any from 90 to 130, lots of duplicates

Superman 199 through 234, barely any missing

Detective 270ish through 300ish

Neal Adams Detectives (my favorites, especially the 408)

Submariner 1-66, none missing

rpgC27N.jpg

YZt5uec.jpg

8qz0Zcs.jpg

FRdLMbu.jpg

Nukq8yi.jpg

MgrqBUA.jpg

D6cxMfI.jpg

12dN6Wl.jpg

4Evyti9.jpg

Awesome pick-up! I'm looking forward to the sales thread. :baiting:

Not comic related, but I picked up a late 1950s self service popcorn machine yesterday. Was taking it apart to store and in the innards were 15 silver dimes. At about $2 each, they'll cover most of my $40 purchase price.

By the way, a serving of popcorn in the 1950s was about a third of what you get today.

i bought a brand new countertop deep fryer for $20 still unopened in the box. But I don't think that counts for this thread. It was a great deal though. I hate cooking fries in the oven or in a skillet.

Not comic related, but I picked up a late 1950s self service popcorn machine yesterday. Was taking it apart to store and in the innards were 15 silver dimes

Cool find. Post a picture for us!

Not comic related, but I picked up a late 1950s self service popcorn machine yesterday. Was taking it apart to store and in the innards were 15 silver dimes

Cool find. Post a picture for us!

wrong forum

:sumo: